|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Part III - Passing Through America Again: Chapters 68 - 70.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Jack and his mother enjoy on the bus as they leave New Orleans?
(d) Coca Cola.
2. Where does Jack go after drinking some wine in his room on Skid Row?
(a) A burlesque show.
(b) A bar.
(c) A fight club.
(d) An abandoned park.
3. What does Jack's mother learn about Mexico when she sees a church there?
(a) That her son belongs in Mexico.
(b) That love can be found anywhere.
(c) That there is beauty in the desert terrain.
(d) That Mexicans believe in God.
4. What does Irwin want Jack to be able to do with his fan mail?
(a) Dance on it.
(b) Return it.
(c) Use it to fuel a fire.
(d) Create works of art with it.
5. What keeps the blond kid from playing football?
(a) A knee injury.
(b) Bad grades.
(c) An ulcer.
(d) A dislocated shoulder.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the second stop of the bus during the long journey to California?
2. Why is Jack so hesitant about taking a turn in driving the group out of Mexico?
3. How much does Jack have to pay to take his mother on a quick trip to Mexico?
4. Which of the poets does one of the Ruths fall for when they reach New York?
5. What surprises Jack about the 80-year-old man who gives him a ride?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)