|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many Japanese were housed at Tanforan?
2. On what day were the Uchidas assigned to depart for Delta, Utah?
(a) August 29.
(b) August 12.
(c) September 23.
(d) September 16.
3. How many students showed up the first day for the nursery school at Tanforan?
4. What grade did Yoshiko teach at Tanforan?
5. How many days were Dwight and Iku allowed to take to visit Dwight’s mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. What group number were the Uchidas assigned when they departed for Delta, Utah?
2. How many camps for internees were scattered throughout the United States?
3. When the Uchidas went for their first meal at Tanforan, how many lines of people were waiting to get into the mess hall?
4. By the beginning of Chapter 8, when was the only time hot water was available?
5. By the time the Uchidas left Tanforan, what did they have for Sunday dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. How were the barracks organized and furnished at Topaz?
2. How did everyone dress for Thanksgiving dinner at Topaz?
3. How did Keiko and Yoshiko try to make their parents’ twenty-sixth anniversary special?
4. Who greeted the internees when they arrived at Topaz?
5. How did friends help the Uchidas settle into their horse stall?
6. What were some of the health issues suffered by the Uchidas at Tanforan?
7. What were the living accommodations for the Uchida family following the evacuation?
8. Who were some of the visitors who visited the Uchidas at Tanforan?
9. What were some of the first organizations established at Tanforan?
10. How was Keiko finally able to use her college degree?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)