|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many families lived in each barrack at Topaz?
2. What became the Uchidas’ address at Topaz?
(a) 7-2-C, Topaz, Utah.
(b) 6-1-A, Topaz, Utah.
(c) 8-9-B, Topaz, Utah.
(d) 5-4-D, Topaz, Utah.
3. What desert was near Delta, Utah?
(c) Great Basin.
4. At what time were the light turned off and the shades pulled on the train bound for Utah?
(a) 7 p.m.
(b) 8 p.m.
(c) 10 p.m.
(d) 9 p.m.
5. How large was the housing the Uchidas were given at Tanforan?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many internees rode the train to Utah?
2. What was the altitude at Topaz?
3. In Chapter 6, how long was Keiko sick with a cold?
4. When was an announcement made that Nisei men could join the armed forces?
5. By the end of June, what percent of the residents of Tanforan were either teaching or going to school?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did a woman solve the problem of no bathtubs at Tanforan?
2. How did Yoshiko describe her neighbors at Tanforan?
3. How did everyone dress for Thanksgiving dinner at Topaz?
4. What were some of the health issues suffered by the Uchidas at Tanforan?
5. Who were some people who died at Topaz?
6. Did the food ever improve at Tanforan?
7. How was the first meal that the Uchidas ate at Tanforan?
8. What astonished Yoshiko when they reached the Salt Lake City station?
9. How did friends help the Uchidas settle into their horse stall?
10. Who greeted the internees when they arrived at Topaz?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)