|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Inevitably, from what direction did a wind sweep into Tanforan and stir up dust and litter?
2. How long was Dwight interred before he was allowed to be released to Tanforan?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 5 months.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 2 months.
3. What was the food budget per day per person at Topaz?
(a) 64 cents.
(d) 39 cents.
4. What place did Yoshiko win for one of her paintings at Tanforan?
5. In Chapter 6, how long was Keiko sick with a cold?
(a) Around three weeks.
(b) 14 days.
(c) Over a month.
(d) 5 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helped get toys and play things for the Tanforan nursery schools?
2. At what time would Dwight announce that it was time for friends to go home?
3. When the Uchidas went for their first meal at Tanforan, how many lines of people were waiting to get into the mess hall?
4. Who was the governor of Utah when the Uchidas were interned at Topaz?
5. With how many families did Iku share the evergreen branches she received for Christmas?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was the first meal that the Uchidas ate at Tanforan?
2. Where was Yoshiko released to go in May, 1943?
3. In Chapter 6, what would non-Japanese friends bring the Uchidas when they came to visit?
4. How did a woman solve the problem of no bathtubs at Tanforan?
5. How did Dwight celebrate his twenty-fifth wedding anniversary?
6. How did everyone dress for Thanksgiving dinner at Topaz?
7. How did Yoshiko receive her college diploma?
8. Where did friends gather at Tanforan to say goodbye to the Uchidas and other internees as they headed to Topaz?
9. How were the barracks organized and furnished at Topaz?
10. Who greeted the internees when they arrived at Topaz?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)