|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 6, how long was Keiko sick with a cold?
(a) Around three weeks.
(b) 5 days.
(c) 14 days.
(d) Over a month.
2. How many square miles was Topaz?
3. During Thanksgiving celebrations, what was the name of Dwight’s song?
(a) America the Beautiful.
(b) Battle Hymn of the Republic.
(c) Missoula Camp Song.
(d) Song of Topaz.
4. How many daytime visits were the internees allowed to other train cars on the trip to Utah?
5. In Chapter 8, why were Yoshiko and Keiko allowed to go to Delta with a white staff member?
(a) Buy supplies for the elementary school.
(b) Buy supplies for the nursery school.
(c) Go to the doctor.
(d) Go to the dentist.
Short Answer Questions
1. Into how many blocks was Topaz divided?
2. Who greeted the Uchidas and other internees when they arrived at Topaz?
3. What group number were the Uchidas assigned when they departed for Delta, Utah?
4. How long did Yoshiko and a friend take refuge in a laundry barrack during a dust storm at Topaz?
5. How long was Dwight interred before he was allowed to be released to Tanforan?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Yoshiko describe her neighbors at Tanforan?
2. What was the first dust storm like that Yoshiko experienced?
3. How did everyone dress for Thanksgiving dinner at Topaz?
4. Who greeted the internees when they arrived at Topaz?
5. What astonished Yoshiko when they reached the Salt Lake City station?
6. How were the barracks organized and furnished at Topaz?
7. How did Keiko and Yoshiko try to make their parents’ twenty-sixth anniversary special?
8. Why did Yoshiko and her mother make signs for the washrooms at Tanforan?
9. Where did friends gather at Tanforan to say goodbye to the Uchidas and other internees as they headed to Topaz?
10. What were some of the health issues suffered by the Uchidas at Tanforan?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)