|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the FBI conduct a camp-wide search for contraband?
(a) June 23.
(b) June 30.
(c) June 5.
(d) June 18.
2. How many latrines were available for the section of Tanforan where the Uchidas lived?
3. How old was Dwight when he retired from Mitsui?
4. How many internees rode the train to Utah?
5. How long was Dwight interred before he was allowed to be released to Tanforan?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 5 months.
(d) 2 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. The first morning on the train, what time did the Uchidas eat breakfast?
2. At Topaz, what did the children visit on a field trip?
3. At what time were the light turned off and the shades pulled on the train bound for Utah?
4. By the end of June, what percent of the residents of Tanforan were either teaching or going to school?
5. How much was the pay to be a teacher at the Tanforan elementary school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were some of the first organizations established at Tanforan?
2. Where did friends gather at Tanforan to say goodbye to the Uchidas and other internees as they headed to Topaz?
3. How did friends help the Uchidas settle into their horse stall?
4. How did Keiko and Yoshiko try to make their parents’ twenty-sixth anniversary special?
5. What were the living accommodations for the Uchida family following the evacuation?
6. How did Yoshiko describe her neighbors at Tanforan?
7. Did the food ever improve at Tanforan?
8. How did a woman solve the problem of no bathtubs at Tanforan?
9. In Chapter 6, what would non-Japanese friends bring the Uchidas when they came to visit?
10. Who were some of the visitors who visited the Uchidas at Tanforan?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)