|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What university did both Dwight and Umegaki attend?
2. How many guests did the Uchidas have over for Sunday dinner on the day Pearl Harbor was attacked?
3. How many days passed after Dwight was taken by the FBI before the family learned where he was?
4. What profession had Dwight wanted to pursue when he came to the United States?
5. What was Dwight’s car sold for?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Yoshiko’s paternal grandmother live?
2. What type of berries grew in the backyard of the home where the Uchida girls grew up?
3. After Dwight was interned in Chapter 3, how many visitors came for several days in a row?
4. What type of grades did Yoshiko get in elementary school?
5. When funds became available, what did Dwight want purchased for him in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the house and yard look like where the Uchida girls grew up?
2. How did the neighbors treat the Uchida family as the evacuation drew near?
3. What would Iku do with her girls for a special outing?
4. What did Curtis B. Munson’s report reveal about possible sabotage by Japanese Americans?
5. How was the Uchida’s church founded?
6. What types of handwork did Iku create?
7. After Yoshiko and her sister and mother visited Dwight at the detention center, why did they fear they would never see him again?
8. What did Iku carry in her purse?
9. Why did the FBI break into the Uchidas’ home?
10. How did Dwight’s family struggle when he was growing up?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)