|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his letters from the internment camp, who did Dwight ask be sent a monthly check?
(a) Grandmother Uchida.
(b) The church.
(c) Iku’s mother.
(d) A co-worker’s family.
2. How many Japanese-Americans were ordered to evacuate Berkeley?
3. At how many houses would the Uchidas stop to pick up children and take them to church?
4. Who drove the Uchida women back home after they visited Dwight in the detention center in Chapter 3?
(d) A family friend.
5. How long before Sunday School began would the Uchidas leave for church?
(a) 15 minutes.
(b) 45 minutes.
(c) 30 minutes.
(d) An hour.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what street did the Uchida girls grow up?
2. What did Iku serve an FBI agent?
3. What university did both Dwight and Umegaki attend?
4. What was Dwight’s car sold for?
5. What color dishes were used by the Uchidas at Sunday picnics?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Uchida women learn where Dwight had been taken?
2. What were the Uchidas doing when they learned about the attack on Pearl Harbor?
3. What illnesses did Yoshiko suffer from?
4. How was Dolls Festival Day celebrated at the Uchida home?
5. What were some of the things that Dwight wrote from the camp in Montana and asked his family to do?
6. What types of handwork did Iku create?
7. How did Dwight’s family struggle when he was growing up?
8. Why was money a major concern after Dwight was detained?
9. What did Iku carry in her purse?
10. Why did many Nisei students begin leaving the university?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)