|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Dwight become an employee of Mitsui and Company?
2. How many bowls of rice might Dwight eat for supper?
3. By March, what was the curfew imposed on all Japanese-Americans?
(a) 7 p.m.
(b) 10 p.m.
(c) 8 p.m.
(d) 9 p.m.
4. How many Japanese-Americans were ordered to evacuate Berkeley?
5. About how many Japanese men were detained at the Immigration Detention Quarters in San Francisco?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were Dwight and some other men being transferred after their initial detention in San Francisco?
2. How long did the adult church service last?
3. How much younger was Yoshiko than her sister?
4. What was Dwight’s car sold for?
5. How old was Dwight’s mother when she married?
Short Essay Questions
1. What would Iku do with her girls for a special outing?
2. How did the Uchida women learn where Dwight had been taken?
3. How was Dolls Festival Day celebrated at the Uchida home?
4. Why was money a major concern after Dwight was detained?
5. How did Dwight’s family struggle when he was growing up?
6. What did Curtis B. Munson’s report reveal about possible sabotage by Japanese Americans?
7. What did Iku carry in her purse?
8. How did the neighbors treat the Uchida family as the evacuation drew near?
9. What did the Secretary of the Navy say about the attack at Pearl Harbor?
10. What did Grandmother Uchida do to help the pain she had in her back and shoulders?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)