|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the first mass removal of the Japanese-Americans begin?
(a) San Francisco.
(c) Sand Pedro.
(d) Terminal Island.
2. When did Dwight become an employee of Mitsui and Company?
3. Where were Dwight and some other men being transferred after their initial detention in San Francisco?
4. Why didn’t the boy who took Laddie write the Uchidas?
(a) Laddie ran away.
(b) Laddie got sick.
(c) Laddie died.
(d) He lost their address.
5. In his letters from the internment camp, who did Dwight ask be sent a monthly check?
(a) Grandmother Uchida.
(b) The church.
(c) Iku’s mother.
(d) A co-worker’s family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where might the Uchidas go for a picnic lunch after church?
2. How many Japanese-Americans were ordered to evacuate Berkeley?
3. About how many Japanese men were detained at the Immigration Detention Quarters in San Francisco?
4. What was celebrated on March 3?
5. Where were the Japanese-Americans of Berkeley to report for evacuation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened one evening when Yoshiko and friends were having a snack at a Berkeley restaurant?
2. What invalidated the government’s claim that the evacuation of the Japanese from the west coast from a military necessity?
3. What illnesses did Yoshiko suffer from?
4. What did the house and yard look like where the Uchida girls grew up?
5. What did the Secretary of the Navy say about the attack at Pearl Harbor?
6. What did Iku carry in her purse?
7. What types of handwork did Iku create?
8. How did the Uchida women learn where Dwight had been taken?
9. How did Dwight’s family struggle when he was growing up?
10. What was the dominant language in the Uchida home?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)