|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days did the first group of Japanese-Americans removed have to get out of their homes?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 3 days.
(d) A week.
2. When did Dwight Uchida come to the United States?
3. How did the Uchidas hear the news that Pearl Harbor had been attacked?
(b) A friend told them.
(c) At church.
4. How old was Dwight when his father died?
5. What type of grades did Yoshiko get in elementary school?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of cakes was Iku famous for?
2. What did Iku serve an FBI agent?
3. What type of house did the Uchida girls live in when they were growing up?
4. In March, how many miles were Japanese-Americans allowed to travel?
5. What type of wood was used for the boxes that were used to store Iku’s doll collection?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was the Uchida’s church founded?
2. How did Yoshiko and her fellow students feel about the news that Pearl Harbor had been bombed?
3. Why did many Nisei students begin leaving the university?
4. What constitutional amendments were ignored during the evacuation?
5. What was the dominant language in the Uchida home?
6. What were some of the things that Dwight wrote from the camp in Montana and asked his family to do?
7. How was Dolls Festival Day celebrated at the Uchida home?
8. Why was money a major concern after Dwight was detained?
9. What did Curtis B. Munson’s report reveal about possible sabotage by Japanese Americans?
10. What did the Secretary of the Navy say about the attack at Pearl Harbor?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)