|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Yoshiko’s birthday?
2. What was the name of Yoshiko’s classmate who met her at the Salk Lake City station?
3. In November, how much did the Topaz canteen gross?
4. Soon after Dwight and the other men arrived in Montana, what was the temperature?
(a) -20 degrees.
(b) 15 degrees.
(c) -30 degrees.
(d) 5 degrees.
5. How many daytime visits were the internees allowed to other train cars on the trip to Utah?
6. How many days were Dwight and Iku allowed to take to visit Dwight’s mother?
7. What were the first churches established at Tanforan?
(a) Christian and Buddhist.
(b) Presbyterian and Methodist.
(c) Episcopal and Lutheran.
(d) Baptist and Hindu.
8. During Thanksgiving celebrations, what was the name of Dwight’s song?
(a) Battle Hymn of the Republic.
(b) Missoula Camp Song.
(c) Song of Topaz.
(d) America the Beautiful.
9. How long was Dwight interred before he was allowed to be released to Tanforan?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 5 months.
(d) 3 months.
10. What desert was near Delta, Utah?
(c) Great Basin.
11. How late would Dwight be out sometimes attending arbitration meetings?
(a) 1-2 a.m.
(b) 2-3 a.m.
(c) 11 p.m.
12. When did the Uchidas finally get a ceiling in their quarters at Topaz?
(a) October 15.
(b) September 21.
(c) September 30.
(d) October 30.
13. In Chapter 8, what type of a flower bulb did the Uchidas carefully nurture?
14. How many camps for internees were scattered throughout the United States?
15. What type of accommodations were the Uchidas given at Tanforan?
(a) Cement bunker.
(c) Tar-papered barracks.
(d) Horse stall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What place did Yoshiko win for one of her paintings at Tanforan?
2. How many washrooms were available for the section of Tanforan where the Uchidas lived?
3. How many books did the Tanforan library contain at first?
4. How many families lived in each barrack at Topaz?
5. How many softball teams were at Tanforan?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)