|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Yoshiko and a friend take refuge in a laundry barrack during a dust storm at Topaz?
(a) 90 minutes.
(b) More than an hour.
(c) 60 minutes.
(d) Nearly two hours.
2. At Tanforan, what time were the Uchidas assigned to eat breakfast?
(a) 6:00 a.m.
(b) 8 a.m.
(c) 7 a.m.
(d) 6:30 a.m.
3. Where were the Uchidas housed at Tanforan?
(a) Barrack 16, Apartment 40.
(b) Barrack 21, Apartment 5.
(c) Barrack 2, Apartment 12.
(d) Barrack 39, Apartment 52.
4. What group number were the Uchidas assigned when they departed for Delta, Utah?
5. What was the first film shown at Tanforan?
(a) Adventure Island.
(b) Melody Time.
(c) Blossoms in the Dust.
(d) Spring Parade.
6. In Chapter 8, what type of a flower bulb did the Uchidas carefully nurture?
7. How many families lived in each barrack at Topaz?
8. What grade did Yoshiko teach at Tanforan?
9. What desert was near Delta, Utah?
(b) Great Basin.
10. How many students attended the Tanforan art school?
11. By the time the Uchidas left Tanforan, what did they have for Sunday dinner?
(a) Pork chops and pumpkin pie.
(b) Fried chicken and ice cream.
(c) Chicken parmesan with pudding.
(d) Roast beef and apple pie.
12. How many Japanese were housed at Tanforan?
13. What time did the train leave for Utah in Chapter 7?
(a) 7 p.m.
(b) 8 p.m.
(c) 8 a.m.
(d) 10 a.m.
14. The first night at Tanforan, what condition of her mother’s did Yoshiko believe might be aggravated by the primitive conditions?
(c) Sinus infection.
15. What was the altitude at Topaz?
(a) 5,200 feet.
(b) 4,600 feet.
(c) 6,439 feet.
(d) 3,987 feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many stalls were in the stable where the Uchidas lived at Tanforan?
2. When the Uchidas went for their first meal at Tanforan, how many lines of people were waiting to get into the mess hall?
3. How old was the man shot to death by an MP in Chapter 8?
4. Inevitably, from what direction did a wind sweep into Tanforan and stir up dust and litter?
5. In Chapter 8, why were Yoshiko and Keiko allowed to go to Delta with a white staff member?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)