|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Uchidas finally get a ceiling in their quarters at Topaz?
(a) September 30.
(b) September 21.
(c) October 15.
(d) October 30.
2. By the end of June, what percent of the residents of Tanforan were either teaching or going to school?
3. Into how many blocks was Topaz divided?
4. During Thanksgiving celebrations, what was the name of Dwight’s song?
(a) America the Beautiful.
(b) Battle Hymn of the Republic.
(c) Song of Topaz.
(d) Missoula Camp Song.
5. Who greeted the Uchidas and other internees when they arrived at Topaz?
(a) Choir from local churches.
(b) Mayor and City Council.
(c) High school marching band.
(d) Boy Scouts.
6. In Chapter 6, how long was Keiko sick with a cold?
(a) Over a month.
(b) 5 days.
(c) 14 days.
(d) Around three weeks.
7. How many internees rode the train to Utah?
8. How many books did the Tanforan library eventually contain?
(b) About 10,000.
(d) More than 5,000.
9. The first morning on the train, what time did the Uchidas eat breakfast?
(a) 7 a.m.
(b) 9 a.m.
(c) 8 a.m.
(d) 6 a.m.
10. How many students attended the Tanforan art school?
11. The first night at Tanforan, what condition of her mother’s did Yoshiko believe might be aggravated by the primitive conditions?
(a) Sinus infection.
12. How many Japanese were housed at Tanforan?
13. When was snow first seen in the mountains around Topaz?
14. How old was the man shot to death by an MP in Chapter 8?
15. When did the FBI conduct a camp-wide search for contraband?
(a) June 18.
(b) June 23.
(c) June 30.
(d) June 5.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long was Dwight interred before he was allowed to be released to Tanforan?
2. How much was the pay to be a teacher at the Tanforan elementary school?
3. Who helped get toys and play things for the Tanforan nursery schools?
4. How many students showed up the first day for the nursery school at Tanforan?
5. How many days were Dwight and Iku allowed to take to visit Dwight’s mother?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)