|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many books did the Tanforan library eventually contain?
(a) About 10,000.
(d) More than 5,000.
2. When was an announcement made that Nisei men could join the armed forces?
(a) January 15, 1943.
(b) January 28, 1943.
(c) December 29, 1942.
(d) February 3, 1943.
3. How many latrines were available for the section of Tanforan where the Uchidas lived?
4. Where were the Uchidas housed at Tanforan?
(a) Barrack 39, Apartment 52.
(b) Barrack 21, Apartment 5.
(c) Barrack 16, Apartment 40.
(d) Barrack 2, Apartment 12.
5. How much was the pay to be a teacher at the Tanforan elementary school?
(a) $5 a week.
(b) $16 a month.
(c) $10 a week.
(d) $20 a month.
6. How many camps for internees were scattered throughout the United States?
7. By the time the Uchidas left Tanforan, what did they have for Sunday dinner?
(a) Pork chops and pumpkin pie.
(b) Chicken parmesan with pudding.
(c) Fried chicken and ice cream.
(d) Roast beef and apple pie.
8. What time did the train leave for Utah in Chapter 7?
(a) 10 a.m.
(b) 7 p.m.
(c) 8 a.m.
(d) 8 p.m.
9. With how many families did Iku share the evergreen branches she received for Christmas?
10. How many students showed up the first day for the nursery school at Tanforan?
11. At what time would Dwight announce that it was time for friends to go home?
(a) 11 p.m.
(b) 10 p.m.
(c) 8 p.m.
(d) 9 p.m.
12. Where had Yoshiko’s grandmother been interred?
13. What gift did some friends bring the Uchidas that first night in Tanforan?
(b) Maskey’s chocolates.
(c) Dried prunes.
14. Who was the former British minister of labor who came to visit Topaz?
(a) Hugh Bayley.
(b) Margaret G. Bondfield.
(c) Jonathan Ashworth.
(d) Diane Abbott.
15. How old was the oldest man who was interred with Dwight in Montana?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was the man shot to death by an MP in Chapter 8?
2. What group number were the Uchidas assigned when they departed for Delta, Utah?
3. When was legislation passed allowing Japanese to become naturalized citizens?
4. Who greeted the Uchidas and other internees when they arrived at Topaz?
5. How many washrooms were available for the section of Tanforan where the Uchidas lived?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)