|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By the time the Uchidas left Tanforan, what did they have for Sunday dinner?
(a) Chicken parmesan with pudding.
(b) Roast beef and apple pie.
(c) Fried chicken and ice cream.
(d) Pork chops and pumpkin pie.
2. Because of the classes at Tanforan, what percent of children were advanced to the next grade by the schools they attended before the evacuation?
3. What gift did some friends bring the Uchidas that first night in Tanforan?
(b) Maskey’s chocolates.
(c) Dried prunes.
4. With how many families did Iku share the evergreen branches she received for Christmas?
5. How much did Dwight pay for a pound of butter when he was allowed to go to Fillmore on business in Chapter 8?
(a) 49 cents.
(b) 35 cents.
(c) 31 cents.
(d) 57 cents.
6. During Thanksgiving celebrations, what was the name of Dwight’s song?
(a) America the Beautiful.
(b) Battle Hymn of the Republic.
(c) Missoula Camp Song.
(d) Song of Topaz.
7. When was legislation passed allowing Japanese to become naturalized citizens?
8. How old was the oldest man who was interred with Dwight in Montana?
9. The first night at Tanforan, what condition of her mother’s did Yoshiko believe might be aggravated by the primitive conditions?
(d) Sinus infection.
10. In Chapter 6, how long would friends have to wait in line for a pass to visit the Uchidas?
(a) 1-3 hours.
(b) 12 hours.
(c) Half a day.
(d) 45 minutes.
11. What desert was near Delta, Utah?
(d) Great Basin.
12. On what day were the Uchidas assigned to depart for Delta, Utah?
(a) August 29.
(b) August 12.
(c) September 23.
(d) September 16.
13. How many softball teams were at Tanforan?
14. When were classes for the children first held at Tanforan?
(a) June 17.
(b) March 31.
(c) May 26.
(d) April 15.
15. How many families lived in each barrack at Topaz?
Short Answer Questions
1. At Tanforan, what time were the Uchidas assigned to eat breakfast?
2. Who was the governor of Utah when the Uchidas were interned at Topaz?
3. What grade did Yoshiko teach at Tanforan?
4. When did the FBI conduct a camp-wide search for contraband?
5. In Chapter 8, where did Yoshiko apply to go to college?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)