|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which neighbors invited the Uchida women for a nice dinner before the evening before they left?
2. What was a typical Sunday morning breakfast for Yoshiko?
(a) Fish and rice.
(b) Toast and cocoa.
(d) Eggs and rice.
3. What size of a group was being transferred with Dwight to another state in Chapter 3?
4. What date were the Japanese-Americans from Berkeley to report for evacuation?
(a) May 1.
(b) July 2.
(c) April 19.
(d) June 13.
5. What government official stated that the Pearl Harbor attack was the result of espionage and sabotage by Japanese-Americans?
(a) Secretary of the Army.
(b) Secretary of the Navy.
(c) Vice President Wallace.
(d) President Roosevelt.
6. Where did Dwight live when he first came to the United States?
(b) Los Angeles.
(d) San Francisco.
7. How much notice were the Uchida women given to evacuate in Chapter 4?
(a) 15 days.
(b) 10 days.
(c) 5 days.
(d) 25 days.
8. In his letters from the internment camp, who did Dwight ask be sent a monthly check?
(a) Grandmother Uchida.
(b) The church.
(c) A co-worker’s family.
(d) Iku’s mother.
9. How long did it take Yoshiko to finish high school?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 4 years.
(d) 2 ½ years.
10. By what date was it clear that the government intended to evacuate all Japanese from the West coast?
(a) January 1942.
(b) December 1941.
(c) February 1942.
(d) March 1942.
11. Where did the first mass removal of the Japanese-Americans begin?
(a) San Francisco.
(c) Sand Pedro.
(d) Terminal Island.
12. How many days did the first group of Japanese-Americans removed have to get out of their homes?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 3 months.
(d) A week.
13. When did Dwight Uchida come to the United States?
14. How old was Dwight’s mother when she married?
15. Where did Yoshiko and friends go to dance, but were turned away?
(c) San Francisco.
(d) Los Angeles.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times did the FBI come to the Uchida home the Sunday Pearl Harbor was bombed?
2. By March, what was the curfew imposed on all Japanese-Americans?
3. How many days passed after Dwight was taken by the FBI before the family learned where he was?
4. What profession had Dwight wanted to pursue when he came to the United States?
5. About how many Japanese men were detained at the Immigration Detention Quarters in San Francisco?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)