|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many guests did the Uchidas have over for Sunday dinner on the day Pearl Harbor was attacked?
2. What was a typical Sunday morning breakfast for Yoshiko?
(a) Fish and rice.
(b) Toast and cocoa.
(d) Eggs and rice.
3. Which neighbors invited the Uchida women for a nice dinner before the evening before they left?
4. What did Dwight always read on the ferry on the way to work?
(a) Wall Street Journal.
(b) Reader’s Digest.
(c) San Francisco Chronicle.
(d) San Francisco Examiner.
5. What university did both Dwight and Umegaki attend?
6. What color dishes were used by the Uchidas at Sunday picnics?
7. What was the name of the church the Uchidas attended?
(a) Japanese Presbyterian.
(b) Japanese Congregational Church of Oakland.
(c) Japanese United Methodist.
(d) Japanese Episcopal.
8. In March, how many miles were Japanese-Americans allowed to travel?
(a) 1 mile.
(b) 10 miles.
(c) 15 miles.
(d) 5 miles.
9. How many years did Dwight manage a store in Portland?
10. At how many houses would the Uchidas stop to pick up children and take them to church?
11. How long before Sunday School began would the Uchidas leave for church?
(a) 30 minutes.
(b) 45 minutes.
(c) An hour.
(d) 15 minutes.
12. How many times did the FBI come to the Uchida home the Sunday Pearl Harbor was bombed?
(a) Four times.
(b) Three times.
13. After Dwight was interned in Chapter 3, how many visitors came for several days in a row?
14. Who wrote a report in 1941 stating the Japanese were extraordinarily loyal to the United States?
(a) Curtis B. Munson.
(b) Earl Warren.
(c) Frank Knox.
(d) John Rankin.
15. How long did it take Yoshiko to finish high school?
(a) 4 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 2 ½ years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who drove the Uchida women back home after they visited Dwight in the detention center in Chapter 3?
2. How many bowls of rice might Dwight eat for supper?
3. By what date was it clear that the government intended to evacuate all Japanese from the West coast?
4. In Chapter 3, what time did Yoshiko discover the FBI had visited her home?
5. Approximately how many Japanese were ordered for removal from Military Area Number One?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)