|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Mr. and Mrs. Uchida rent their first home after they were married?
2. What did Dwight always read on the ferry on the way to work?
(a) Reader’s Digest.
(b) San Francisco Examiner.
(c) San Francisco Chronicle.
(d) Wall Street Journal.
3. How much notice were the Uchida women given to evacuate in Chapter 4?
(a) 15 days.
(b) 10 days.
(c) 5 days.
(d) 25 days.
4. How many days passed after Dwight was taken by the FBI before the family learned where he was?
5. About how many Japanese men were detained at the Immigration Detention Quarters in San Francisco?
6. What type of flowers grew higher than Yoshiko’s head?
7. By March, what was the curfew imposed on all Japanese-Americans?
(a) 8 p.m.
(b) 10 p.m.
(c) 7 p.m.
(d) 9 p.m.
8. What university did both Dwight and Umegaki attend?
9. How much was it rumored that the Uchidas would be allowed for living expenses after Dwight was interned?
(a) $100 a month.
(b) $200 a week.
(c) $100 a week.
(d) $200 a month.
10. When was the church founded that the Uchidas attended?
11. What did Iku serve an FBI agent?
12. How old was Dwight’s mother when she married?
13. How far did Yoshiko get when she learned to read Japanese?
(a) Sixth grade Reader.
(b) High School Reader.
(c) Eighth grade Reader.
(d) Fifth grade Reader.
14. When were funerals usually held when Yoshiko was growing up?
(c) At night.
15. In his letters from the internment camp, who did Dwight ask be sent a monthly check?
(a) Iku’s mother.
(b) Grandmother Uchida.
(c) A co-worker’s family.
(d) The church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of wood was used for the boxes that were used to store Iku’s doll collection?
2. Where were the Japanese-Americans of Berkeley to report for evacuation?
3. When did Dwight Uchida come to the United States?
4. What date were the Japanese-Americans from Berkeley to report for evacuation?
5. How old was Umigaki when she came to the United States?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)