|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What date were the Japanese-Americans from Berkeley to report for evacuation?
(a) April 19.
(b) July 2.
(c) June 13.
(d) May 1.
2. How long did the adult church service last?
(a) An hour.
(b) 30 minutes.
(c) 45 minutes.
(d) An hour and a half.
3. How many times did the FBI come to the Uchida home the Sunday Pearl Harbor was bombed?
(c) Four times.
(d) Three times.
4. What flowers grew to be seventeen inches in diameter?
5. When Dwight wrote from his internment camp, when did he want the roses pruned?
6. What time did Sunday School begin?
(a) 11 a.m.
(b) 9 a.m.
(c) 10 a.m.
(d) 8:30 a.m.
7. Where might the Uchidas go for a picnic lunch after church?
(a) Ocean Beach.
(b) Chrissy Field.
(c) Mission Delores Park.
(d) Lake Merritt Park.
8. Where were the Japanese-Americans of Berkeley to report for evacuation?
(a) First Presbyterian Church.
(b) First Congregational Church.
(c) American Baptist Church.
(d) United Methodist Church.
9. What university did both Dwight and Umegaki attend?
10. When did Dwight Uchida come to the United States?
11. After Dwight was interned in Chapter 3, how many visitors came for several days in a row?
12. What did a woman come to the house and ask for before the Uchidas were evacuated?
(c) Calla lilies.
13. What size of a group was being transferred with Dwight to another state in Chapter 3?
14. About how many Japanese men were detained at the Immigration Detention Quarters in San Francisco?
15. When did Mr. and Mrs. Uchida rent their first home after they were married?
Short Answer Questions
1. By what date was it clear that the government intended to evacuate all Japanese from the West coast?
2. How many bowls of rice might Dwight eat for supper?
3. How many Japanese-Americans were ordered to evacuate Berkeley?
4. In Chapter 3, what time did Yoshiko discover the FBI had visited her home?
5. On what street did the Uchida girls grow up?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)