|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What drug does Inez catch her daughter Jessie using in 1973?
2. What is Frances Landau wearing during the Victor trip to Jakarta?
(a) A navy blue pants suit.
(c) A pink dress.
(d) A sweatsuit.
3. To what contemporary author does the writing assignment Didion quotes in Chapter 2 refer?
4. What is Inez Victor's maiden name?
5. What special interest does Paul Dillon not allow Inez to have?
(a) Endangered species.
(c) Art preservation.
(d) Drug abuse education.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Harry Victor's first governmental office?
2. In what paper does Didion first read about the Paul Christian murders?
3. Who are the real "wildcards" in Jack Lovett's estimation (37)?
4. Where in Janet's house is the body of Wendell Omura found?
5. According to one of Carol Christian's axioms, what does a woman blowing smoke at a man mean?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Paul Christian's attitude regarding the shooting?
2. How does Jack Lovett find Jessie Victor?
3. Why is Inez Victor confined to a room when she arrives in Hong Kong?
4. Describe the famous WNBC footage of Inez Victor.
5. In what respect is DEMOCRACY a second attempt by Joan Didion?
6. What off-message statement does Inez make to an Associated Press reporter in Chapter 7?
7. What rule of nonfiction does Didion demonstrate in this chapter, and how does she do so?
8. What issues does Didion have gleaning information from Inez Victor?
9. What is Didion doing in 1975?
10. What is Jack Lovett's stated reason for being in Honolulu in 1975?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)