|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During their 1975 visit in Kuala Lumpur, who does Inez say she speaks to every night?
(a) Jack Lovett.
(c) Billy Dillon.
(d) Harry Victor.
2. The one witness interviewed at the Christian crime scene is of what connection to Janet Ziegler?
(a) An inlaw.
(b) A neighbor.
(c) Her housekeeper.
(d) Her chauffeur.
3. According to Didion, with what do most island families surround themselves?
(b) Tropical plants.
4. How long has Inez Victor been married to Harry as of 1975?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 15 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 10 years.
5. In the famous footage of Inez dancing, which famous New York building is she atop?
(a) The Met.
(b) The St. Regis.
(c) The San Remo.
(d) The Dakota.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where in Janet's house is the body of Wendell Omura found?
2. What word does Jack Lovett use to describe Inez Victor when he discusses her with Didion?
3. Which member of the Christian family agrees to an interview with CBS during the 1972 campaign?
4. According to Inez, what is the major casualty of public life?
5. Who is the witness at the wedding of Inez and Harry Victor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Inez Victor lash out at Janet's doctors in Chapter 12?
2. Describe the Paul Christian crime scene.
3. How do the Victors deal with Jessie's heroin addiction?
4. How does Jessie Victor Make her way to Vietnam?
5. How does Didion characterize Jack Lovett's life?
6. How does Jessie return to the United States?
7. Why are the nuclear detonations in the Pacific more memorable than those in Nevada to Jack Lovett?
8. What is Paul Christian's attitude regarding the shooting?
9. What is Didion doing in 1975?
10. What are Jessie Victor's new plans for her career?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)