|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mistake happened at a Nevada detonation Lovett mentions in Chapter 1?
(a) The device did not detonate.
(b) A group of campers wandered onto the detonation area.
(c) The device detonated too early.
(d) The detonation blew dust all over Reno.
2. Which of the following characters does not accompany Harry Victor to Jakarta in 1969?
(a) Janet Christian.
(b) Dwight Christian.
(c) Frances Landau.
(d) Billy Dillon.
3. Which of the following Christians is Inez Victor's grandmother?
4. In Inez's list of stars, what is the tenth and last to have been?
(a) Night star.
(b) Twinkling star.
(c) North star.
(d) Meridian star.
5. During their 1975 visit in Kuala Lumpur, who does Inez say she speaks to every night?
(b) Harry Victor.
(c) Billy Dillon.
(d) Jack Lovett.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Paul Christian pretend to be in the cable he sends to Inez Victor in 1975?
2. What happens to Paul Christian after he sends the cable to Inez?
3. The U.S. ambassador to what country is on the cover of the Newsweek Didion keeps on the writing desk?
4. Where is Wendell Omura pronounced dead?
5. In the false memory that was to begin Didion's first book, what does Inez Victor recall her mother doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Billy Dillon want from Frank Tawagata?
2. Why is the lie that Jack Lovett is in the military hard to swallow?
3. Why does Inez listen to the radio all night at end of the chapter?
4. Why are the nuclear detonations in the Pacific more memorable than those in Nevada to Jack Lovett?
5. What off-message statement does Inez make to an Associated Press reporter in Chapter 7?
6. Describe the scene at the Christian house that immediately precedes Inez's leaving Hawaii with Jack Lovett.
7. What is the purpose of Paul Christian's room at the YMCA?
8. How does Inez get Lovett's body to Hawaii?
9. How does the US government figure out thaat Jack Lovett is dead?
10. What absurd process is happening involving American officials in Vietnam?
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)