|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. An investigation into Jack Lovett's activities is spurred by reports he has contributed to the fall of what country's government?
2. As Inez looks through Janet's closet, what does she wish someone had told her sister?
(a) She owns too many pairs of shoes.
(b) She should not keep Omura's shirts in her closet.
(c) She should not label her marijuana box.
(d) She does not look good in pink.
3. In what European city does Harry Victor now spend most of his time?
(b) West Berlin.
4. What Bing Crosby song will play on the radio to announce Saigon's evacuation?
(a) Swinging On a Star.
(b) I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas.
(c) Don't Fence Me In.
(d) Blue Skies.
5. Who does Paul Christian call immediately after shooting Janet and Omura?
(a) The police.
(b) His brother.
(d) The Honolulu Advertiser.
6. How does Didion describe Lovett's attitude toward the countries he represents?
7. When Didion returns to the US after meeting Inez, whom does the Congress publicly subpoena?
(a) Harry Victor.
(b) Didion herself.
(c) Jack Lovett.
(d) Dwight Christian.
8. Which of the following is not a malfeasance to which Lovett is connected?
(a) Human trafficking.
(b) Narcotics trafficking.
(c) Arms deals.
(d) Technology deals.
9. What is the ill-chosen name of Dick Ziegler's new development?
(a) Sea Meadow.
(b) Locust Grove.
(c) Lillie Point.
(d) Warm Springs.
10. What type of food does Paul Christian constantly mention eating as proof of his poverty?
(b) Buttered noodles.
(c) Neck meat.
11. Who was Paul Christian talking to at a Victor fundraiser, whom he thought was rude for not responding?
(a) A Secret Service man.
(b) A deaf Vietnam vet.
(c) A Tibetan monk.
(d) A Korean businessman.
12. Who gave Inez her emergency contact in Jakarta?
(a) Billy Dillon.
(b) Mr. Soebadio.
(c) Jack Lovett.
(d) The concierge at the hotel.
13. How long after landing in Vietnam in Chapter 2 does Jack Lovett happen upon Jessie?
(a) 6 hours.
(b) He does not find her.
(c) 2 days.
(d) 30 minutes.
14. What is BJ's profession?
(a) Field journalist.
(b) Consulate secretary.
(c) Airplane mechanic.
(d) Intelligence analyst.
15. On what small detail does Billy Dillon repeatedly fixate as he describes Dwight and Ruthie Christian?
Short Answer Questions
1. What object does Inez demand be removed from the hall when she returns to Dwight's house in this chapter?
2. According to news reports in Chapter 1, how is Paul Christian wounded?
3. What evidence does Jack Lovett bring to the Christian house that Jessie is in Vietnam?
4. What is Jessie Victor's job at the Legion Club?
5. Of the following people whom Didion interviews, which is the least accessible with information?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)