|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Paul Christian talking to at a Victor fundraiser, whom he thought was rude for not responding?
(a) A Korean businessman.
(b) A Tibetan monk.
(c) A deaf Vietnam vet.
(d) A Secret Service man.
2. What is the cause of Jack Lovett's death?
(b) An aneurism.
(c) It is never given.
3. How many flat electroencephalograms are required for Janet to be pronounced dead?
4. What does Mr. Soebadio remove from Jack Lovett's jacket before he seals the body-bag?
(a) A money clip.
(b) Business cards.
(c) A pistol.
(d) His passport.
5. Whose housing development was Wendell Omura blocking?
(a) Jack Lovett's.
(b) Paul Christian's.
(c) Dick Ziegler's.
(d) Dwight Christian's.
6. What does Inez suspect is happening throughout the Pacific as Jack Lovett's body is transported?
(b) Indigenous women trying to call his hotel room.
(c) Champagne bottles popping.
(d) 21-gun salutes.
7. What object does Inez demand be removed from the hall when she returns to Dwight's house in this chapter?
(a) A wedding lei.
(b) A photograph of Janet.
(c) A campaign sign for Harry Victor's '72 run.
(d) A family portrait.
8. Which of the following is not a malfeasance to which Lovett is connected?
(a) Arms deals.
(b) Technology deals.
(c) Narcotics trafficking.
(d) Human trafficking.
9. What is Jack Lovett's primary concern regarding Jessie Victor's situation?
(a) She has access to opium dens.
(b) She does not have a passport.
(c) She is not on any evacuation list.
(d) She does not speak Vietnamese.
10. What is Jessie Victor's job at the Legion Club?
11. At Janet's wedding, what does Carol Christian loudly lament not being able to afford for her daughter?
(a) Ballet lessons.
(b) Piano lessons.
(c) Horseriding lessons.
(d) Tennis lessons.
12. Which character conspicuously disappears to attend Carole Christian at Janet's wedding?
(a) Inez Victor.
(b) Harry Victor.
(c) Paul Christian.
(d) Janet Ziegler.
13. Of the following people whom Didion interviews, which is the least accessible with information?
(a) Harry Victor.
(b) Dwight Christian.
(c) Inez Victor.
(d) Billy Dillon.
14. At the end of the chapter, what does Dillon insist Inez say when asked about her father?
(a) They have not spoken.
(b) No comment.
(c) He needs treatment.
(d) She is not a member of the Christian family.
15. What does Jack Lovett tell Jessie they are doing to get her to an airplane?
(a) Seeing a movie.
(b) Meeting a contact at a golf course.
(c) Sending a cable to Inez.
(d) Going to a shrine.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what London periodical is Inez quoted about refugees?
2. What adjective does Billy Dillon use to describe Jessie's situation?
3. On what holiday do Jack Lovett and Inez Victor travel to Hong Kong?
4. To whom had Paul Christian been making frequent cryptic phone calls in the weeks leading up to the shooting?
5. As Inez looks through Janet's closet, what does she wish someone had told her sister?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)