|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jessie Victor's job at the Legion Club?
2. In what periodical does Billy Dillon discover an Omura involved in the container business?
(a) The Los Angeles Times.
(b) The Straits Times.
(c) Business Week.
(d) The Economist.
3. Why does Paul Christian never go to trial?
(a) He is deemed incompetent to do so.
(b) He dies before the trial can start.
(c) Prosecutors do not have enough evidence to go to trial.
(d) The prosecution offers him a deal for a guilty plea.
4. Why does Inez not want Jessie returning on an orphan plane?
(a) There is no security on board.
(b) One recently crashed.
(c) It is not stopping in Hong Kong.
(d) Many of the orphans are drug mules.
5. How was the helicopter engineer's daughter blinded?
(a) A leaking hydraulic line sprayed her face.
(b) She stared into an eclipse.
(c) Exposure to Agent Orange.
(d) She was born blind.
6. How many flat electroencephalograms are required for Janet to be pronounced dead?
7. What type of enterprise does Jack Lovett consider war?
8. Who informs Inez of the shootings?
(a) Harry Victor.
(b) Dwight Christian.
(c) Jack Lovett.
(d) Billy Dillon.
9. In what London periodical is Inez quoted about refugees?
(a) The Guardian.
(b) The Economist.
(c) The Times.
(d) The Daily Mirror.
10. In what city did Frank Tawagata assist Harry Victor in his 1972 campaign?
11. How long after landing in Vietnam in Chapter 2 does Jack Lovett happen upon Jessie?
(a) 30 minutes.
(b) 6 hours.
(c) He does not find her.
(d) 2 days.
12. Jack Lovett's body is buried in Hawaii in a yard connected to what?
(a) A barracks.
(b) A historical manor.
(c) A synagogue.
(d) A rendering plant.
13. What is the ill-chosen name of Dick Ziegler's new development?
(a) Sea Meadow.
(b) Warm Springs.
(c) Locust Grove.
(d) Lillie Point.
14. What adjective do Billy Dillon and the Christian family repeatedly use to describe the absent Inez in Chapter 12?
15. What food-stuff do the Christians plan to send over to the Omuras'?
(b) Cherry cordials.
(c) Dried fruits.
(d) Crab dip.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many correspondences does Didion receive from Inez putting her off in this chapter?
2. Whose presence at the house does Billy Dillon not mention in his telling of events in the chapter?
3. As Inez looks through Janet's closet, what does she wish someone had told her sister?
4. With what word does Paul Christian describe the actions of the police toward him?
5. Why does Didion think Inez wants to see her at the end of the chapter?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)