|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what American magazine did both Joan Didion and Inez Victor work?
(b) The New Yorker.
(d) Rolling Stone.
2. When does Didion say is a good time for women in their forties?
(a) Brunch on a Wednesday in spring.
(b) Lunchtime on a Sunday in summer.
(c) Dinner on a Friday in winter.
(d) Breakfast on a Saturday in fall.
3. What does the Victor contingent believe Jack Lovett does for a living?
(a) He is a military officer.
(b) He is an investment banker.
(c) He is a Christian missionary.
(d) He is in the aircraft business.
4. What is Didion's father's profession?
5. What action does the airline representative have difficulty doing when he meets Inez Victor in the rain?
(a) Putting on her lei.
(b) Shaking her hand.
(c) Crossing her name off the manifest.
(d) Taking her bag.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator characterize Inez's daily political life in this chapter?
2. Where was Inez Victor born?
3. Why does Harry have to leave Jakarta suddenly?
4. By what term does Janet refer to the governess that looked after Inez and her as children?
5. Which member of the Christian family agrees to an interview with CBS during the 1972 campaign?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)