|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Inez Victor born?
(a) New York.
(c) Washington, DC.
2. When does Didion say is a good time for women in their forties?
(a) Lunchtime on a Sunday in summer.
(b) Breakfast on a Saturday in fall.
(c) Brunch on a Wednesday in spring.
(d) Dinner on a Friday in winter.
3. Who arrives in Honolulu with Inez Victor?
(a) Harry Victor.
(b) Jack Lovett.
(c) Billy Dillon.
(d) Dwight Christian.
4. According to Didion, with what do most island families surround themselves?
(b) Tropical plants.
5. On what aspect of news stories regarding southeast Asian turmoil does Didion generally focus?
Short Answer Questions
1. In her happy memory, where does Inez spend a day with her children while her husband is in Saigon?
2. Which of the following Christians is Inez Victor's grandmother?
3. To what contemporary author does the writing assignment Didion quotes in Chapter 2 refer?
4. What is Inez's date doing when Jack Lovett happens upon them in a cane field?
5. What type of sportsman does Jack Victor prophesy Inez Christian will marry?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)