|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is the island that Lovett describes in Chapter 1?
(a) Eight miles.
(b) Five miles.
(c) A half a mile.
(d) A mile and a half.
2. Which member of his own family does Paul Christian eventually kill?
3. According to Didion, with what do most island families surround themselves?
(b) Tropical plants.
4. When does Didion say is a good time for women in their forties?
(a) Dinner on a Friday in winter.
(b) Brunch on a Wednesday in spring.
(c) Breakfast on a Saturday in fall.
(d) Lunchtime on a Sunday in summer.
5. Which of the following Christians is Inez Victor's grandmother?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which member of her family will Inez visit in the hospital within a couple hours of landing?
2. How does Harry Victor describe Inez Victor's unhappiness in Chapter 9?
3. Which of the following political figures is featured in a framed picture in Harry Victor's office?
4. Where was Inez Victor born?
5. In her happy memory, where does Inez spend a day with her children while her husband is in Saigon?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)