|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is the island that Lovett describes in Chapter 1?
(a) Eight miles.
(b) A mile and a half.
(c) A half a mile.
(d) Five miles.
2. What is Didion's father's profession?
3. Which of the following Christians is Inez Victor's grandmother?
4. To what song is Inez Victor dancing the famous WNBC footage?
(a) In the Still of the Night.
(b) Sittin' on Top of the World.
(c) Dancing Cheek to Cheek.
(d) Isn't It Romantic.
5. In what tropical city are Inez and Jack Lovett when Saigon falls?
(b) Kuala Lumpur.
(d) Phnom Penh.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who visits the office where both Inez and Didion work in Chapter 4?
2. In what location are men like Jack Lovett always comfortable, according to Didion?
3. What comic book character do soldiers name the nuclear device that Lovett recalls being detonated?
4. What was the subject of the novel that Didion abandoned?
5. What color does Jack Lovett recall the sky being during the Pacific nuclear tests?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)