|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what song is Inez Victor dancing the famous WNBC footage?
(a) Isn't It Romantic.
(b) Sittin' on Top of the World.
(c) Dancing Cheek to Cheek.
(d) In the Still of the Night.
2. What type of suits does Jack Lovett customarily wear?
3. What comic book character do soldiers name the nuclear device that Lovett recalls being detonated?
(a) Lil' Abner.
(b) Wonder Woman.
(d) Green Lantern.
4. What mistake happened at a Nevada detonation Lovett mentions in Chapter 1?
(a) The device did not detonate.
(b) The detonation blew dust all over Reno.
(c) A group of campers wandered onto the detonation area.
(d) The device detonated too early.
5. According to one of Carol Christian's axioms, what does a woman blowing smoke at a man mean?
(a) She likes him.
(b) She is tired.
(c) She wants him to leave.
(d) She has something important to say.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color does Jack Lovett recall the sky being during the Pacific nuclear tests?
2. Who is the annoying and loud Kiki of Chapter 4?
3. Who visits the office where both Inez and Didion work in Chapter 4?
4. In what tropical city are Inez and Jack Lovett when Saigon falls?
5. In the style of what English Victorian writer does Didion begin Chapter 2?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)