|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the false memory that was to begin Didion's first book, what does Inez Victor recall her mother doing?
2. Where was Inez Victor born?
(b) New York.
(c) Washington, DC.
3. How long is the island that Lovett describes in Chapter 1?
(a) A mile and a half.
(b) Eight miles.
(c) A half a mile.
(d) Five miles.
4. To what song is Inez Victor dancing the famous WNBC footage?
(a) In the Still of the Night.
(b) Dancing Cheek to Cheek.
(c) Isn't It Romantic.
(d) Sittin' on Top of the World.
5. How does Jack Lovett's first wife describe his career to friends?
(b) Army officer.
(c) International exporter.
(d) Legal aid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the subject of the novel that Didion abandoned?
2. In the famous footage of Inez dancing, which famous New York building is she atop?
3. Who are the real "wildcards" in Jack Lovett's estimation (37)?
4. In what year does the Chapter 1 conversation take place?
5. What name does Didion use as a stand-in for all the shared associates of men like Jack Lovett?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)