|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mistake happened at a Nevada detonation Lovett mentions in Chapter 1?
(a) The detonation blew dust all over Reno.
(b) A group of campers wandered onto the detonation area.
(c) The device did not detonate.
(d) The device detonated too early.
2. In what tropical city are Inez and Jack Lovett when Saigon falls?
(a) Kuala Lumpur.
(b) Phnom Penh.
3. To what song is Inez Victor dancing the famous WNBC footage?
(a) In the Still of the Night.
(b) Sittin' on Top of the World.
(c) Isn't It Romantic.
(d) Dancing Cheek to Cheek.
4. According to one of Carol Christian's axioms, what does a woman blowing smoke at a man mean?
(a) She has something important to say.
(b) She likes him.
(c) She wants him to leave.
(d) She is tired.
5. What was the subject of the novel that Didion abandoned?
(a) The Christian Family.
(b) Hawaiian geography.
(c) Inez Victor.
(d) Jack Lovett.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what contemporary author does the writing assignment Didion quotes in Chapter 2 refer?
2. Who visits the office where both Inez and Didion work in Chapter 4?
3. What is Inez Victor's maiden name?
4. At what American magazine did both Joan Didion and Inez Victor work?
5. In the famous footage of Inez dancing, which famous New York building is she atop?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)