|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 2, Part 1: Chapter 13-21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. De Tocqueville believes that there must be complete freedom of what?
(a) Speech and press.
(b) Press and religion.
(c) Speech and religion.
(d) Speech, religion, and press.
2. What is one of the branches of government?
(c) House of Representatives.
3. After what event was the sovereignty of the people codified in law?
(a) Declaration of Independence.
(b) Boston Tea Party.
(c) American Revolution.
(d) Civil War.
4. What deals with the affairs of the people and is bound to be turbulent and uncertain?
5. What does de Tocqueville say religion participates in keeping the social effects of on a leash?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did de Tocqueville stay in the united States?
2. Before the American Revolution, what were the two great political parties?
3. Because the settlers imported most of their technical knowledge, when they got to America they only had to do what?
4. Equality among people triggers innovation and intellectual what, in de Tocqueville's observations?
5. De Tocqueville characterizes the relationship between politics and religion as what?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)