|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes intelligence to be lost in the CIA?
(a) Staff restrictions.
(b) Staff rollovers.
(c) Staff guidelines.
(d) Staff cutbacks.
2. Where is Beckwith in Chapter 46?
(c) New York.
3. Which camp is part of the communication channels that run through the CIA and the JCS?
(a) Camp Shelby.
(b) Camp Eagle.
(c) Camp Walker.
(d) Camp Smokey.
4. How many Department of Defense contacts are there in Iran?
5. As described in Chapter 36, how many helicopters are needed for the mission?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does General Meyer react to the president's decision about the commanding officer?
2. Which general confers with Beckwith in the end of Chapter 39?
3. Who informs Beckwith that it is his responsibility to meet the press and explain the mission?
4. What should generals not act like, according to Beckwith?
5. As explained by Beckwith in Chapter 30, what does testing include?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Beckwith describe the specialized handling of helicopters in Chapter 45?
2. What changes are made to the plan for fueling and refueling in Chapters 36 and 37?
3. What is Beckwith focused on as the book ends?
4. What are the first signs of trouble for the rescue mission?
5. What does Beckwith inform the generals he will need in order to complete the mission successfully in Chapter 34?
6. What are some of the elements to the tests given in Chapter 30?
7. How does Beckwith describe the vulnerability of the mission in Chapter 39?
8. How does Beckwith handle the press in Chapter 46?
9. What are the difficulties in gathering intelligence that Beckwith describes in Chapter 32?
10. How does Beckwith explain the relationship between evaluators and commanders?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)