|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What should generals not act like, according to Beckwith?
(a) Field soldiers.
(b) Battalion commanders.
2. Which military base do the Americans use in Egypt?
3. What country's experience with aircraft hijacking is mentioned in Chapter 23?
4. How does the president react to the outcome of the rescue mission?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is uninformed about it.
(c) He is proud of the survivors.
(d) He is discouraged.
5. How many repetitions of the mission's smaller parts do the soldiers of Delta Force complete in Chapter 38?
(a) At least one hundred.
(b) Two hundred.
(c) Three hundred.
(d) Two hundred and fifty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Besides General Jones, which department's representative joins Beckwith in Chapter 46?
2. What is the home of the Delta Force called?
3. What is the name of the training course for the Delta Force's Special Operations testing?
4. How many years of training do intelligence officers require before being deployed?
5. What does Beckwith make clear about the men in Delta Force in Chapter 24?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Beckwith describe the Operators Course in Chapter 23?
2. What are the first signs of trouble for the rescue mission?
3. What is the level of command and breakdown of the participants in Eagle Claw?
4. What leads to the evacuation of the soldiers and the end of the mission for Delta Force?
5. Why does Beckwith test his soldiers as he does in Chapter 28?
6. What is unique about the physical fitness training of the soldiers in Delta Force?
7. What is happening to Delta Force in Chapter 38?
8. How does Beckwith describe the vulnerability of the mission in Chapter 39?
9. How is the issue of shooting reexamined in Chapter 27?
10. How does Beckwith describe the specialized handling of helicopters in Chapter 45?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)