|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As reported by Beckwith in Chapter 38, what is the repetitive training causing for the Delta Force team?
2. What moves Beckwith about the actions of the top government officials?
(a) Their organization.
(b) Their caution.
(c) Their honesty.
(d) Their respect.
3. Who joins the men from Delta Force on their trip to Washington?
(a) Major Shaw.
(b) Major Smithton.
(c) Major Taylor.
(d) Major Roberts.
4. What causes a command control problem for the Delta Forces in Chapter 25?
(a) They are not part of the Air Force.
(b) They are not part of the Rangers.
(c) They are not part of the Marines.
(d) They are not part of the Army.
5. What information is the U.S. looking for the most in the Iranian hostage situation?
(a) How many hostages there are.
(b) The location of the hostages.
(c) How long the hostages have been held.
(d) The condition of the hostages.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reminder does the president make to Beckwith in Chapter 45?
2. Which camp is part of the communication channels that run through the CIA and the JCS?
3. As explained by Beckwith in Chapter 30, what does testing include?
4. How long can the Marine pilots wear the special night vision goggles?
5. What analogy does Beckwith make about Intelligence in Chapter 35?
Short Essay Questions
1. What test does Beckwith give the soldiers in Chapter 28, and how do they respond?
2. What are some of the elements to the tests given in Chapter 30?
3. How does Beckwith describe the specialized handling of helicopters in Chapter 45?
4. What leads to the evacuation of the soldiers and the end of the mission for Delta Force?
5. How does Beckwith describe the men of Delta Force in Chapter 24?
6. What problems are the helicopter pilots having in Chapter 35, and which possible solutions are presented?
7. What are the difficulties in gathering intelligence that Beckwith describes in Chapter 32?
8. How does Beckwith handle the press in Chapter 46?
9. How does the president react to the cancellation of the mission?
10. What are the first signs of trouble for the rescue mission?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)