|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position does Beckwith hold when Chapter 1 begins?
(a) Lieutenant and Green Beret.
(b) Captain and Green Beret.
(c) Soldier and Green Beret.
(d) Sergeant and Green Beret.
2. What year is the Prologue's plan taking place in?
3. What rank is Beckwith promoted to in Chapter 8?
4. In contrast to the American Delta Force, how many troopers did the British have in their unit?
5. Which General encourages the Delta Force's plans to fit into the military's hierarchy?
(a) General Smith.
(b) General Rogers.
(c) General Davis.
(d) General White.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of the following is not included in the list of military personnel that is under Beckwith at the beginning of Chapter 13?
2. Which one of the following best describes Beckwith's meeting with General Rogers in Chapter 21?
3. What position is Beckwith focused on finding in Chapter 18?
4. According to the colonel, what part of the plan has a tactical problem?
5. In Chapter 10, which place does Beckwith mention an argument about competing operations?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the bond being created between Beckwith and his soldiers in Chapter 12?
2. What is a "salesman" and which skills do they have?
3. How is the flexibility of the soldiers explained in the planning stages of Delta Force?
4. How and why does Beckwith thank the Air Force at Pleiku?
5. What are the definitions of "used" and "misused" as they are referred to during the military meetings in Chapter 13?
6. What are the results of the first two runs of the Delta Force selection process?
7. What request does Beckwith make to General Meyer in Chapter 18, and what is Meyer's response?
8. How long does Beckwith spend in a "search and destroy" mission in Vietnam, and what effect does this have on him?
9. How does Beckwith describe the compound in Vietnam and how long does it take him to recruit the first Delta Force team?
10. What does Beckwith observe while he is recovering from his injury?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)