|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Beckwith describe himself?
(a) As a man who allows his emotions to overtake him.
(b) As a man who is not very emotional.
(c) As an emotional man.
(d) As a man who rarely shows his emotions.
2. After the Delta Force is placed into the military hierarchy, what is vital for the program's success?
(a) The approval of congress.
(c) The approval of the president.
(d) Interpersonal relations.
3. How long does Beckwith spend in Britain with the SAS?
(a) Two years.
(b) One year.
(c) Three years.
(d) Four years.
4. How does Colonel Beckwith respond to Carter's decision?
(a) He is impressed, but not moved.
(b) He is moved, but not impressed.
(c) He is neither moved nor impressed.
(d) He is moved and impressed.
5. What position does Beckwith hold when Chapter 1 begins?
(a) Captain and Green Beret.
(b) Soldier and Green Beret.
(c) Sergeant and Green Beret.
(d) Lieutenant and Green Beret.
Short Answer Questions
1. In contrast to the American Delta Force, how many troopers did the British have in their unit?
2. What is needed in order for the project to move forward?
3. What is Beckwith's mission in Chapter 1?
4. Along with Delta Force, what is Beckwith also running in Chapter 18?
5. How is the budget for Delta Force described in Chapter 18?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Beckwith explain paranoia in Chapter 21?
2. What is the hierarchy for Delta Force that is outlined in Chapter 22?
3. What does Beckwith observe while he is recovering from his injury?
4. What is a "salesman" and which skills do they have?
5. What is Beckwith's writing style, and how does it affect the presentation of military procedures?
6. How is Beckwith promoted to full colonel in Chapter 15?
7. What is the difference in the assignments given that Beckwith explains in Chapter 17?
8. What leads Beckwith to Britain in Chapter 1, and what special program does he observe while he is there?
9. What is needed in order for Delta Force to fit in the military hierarchy, and what are the results of the first attempt to accomplish this?
10. How does Beckwith form his After Action Report and what are his plans for the information it contains?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)