|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beckwith have to do in order to become a full Colonel?
(a) Lead a certain number of troops.
(b) Complete his degree.
(c) Have the recommendations of at least three supervisors.
(d) Be in a certain number of military engagements.
2. When does Beckwith get shot in Chapter 13?
(a) After the battle with the enemy begins.
(b) Before he makes it to the landing zone.
(c) Before the battle with the enemy begins.
(d) After he makes it to the landing zone.
3. How many months of "search and destroy" in Vietnam still haunt Beckwith as he writes the book in 1983?
4. How does Beckwith find the Vietnam military compound at the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) Virtually abandoned.
(b) Half full.
(c) Totally abandoned.
(d) Three quarters full.
5. In contrast to the American Delta Force, how many troopers did the British have in their unit?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days will it take for the entire action of the plan described in the Prologue?
2. When is Beckwith ready to begin training for the Delta Force?
3. What is Beckwith's mission in Chapter 1?
4. As Beckwith explains, whose hands is Delta Force in?
5. What is Beckwith's tone of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the initial reaction to Beckwith's report in 1964?
2. What is the difference in the assignments given that Beckwith explains in Chapter 17?
3. What is the Joint Chiefs of Staff?
4. What are some of the concerns that Beckwith has about his plan in Chapter 18, and how is the budget presented?
5. How and why does Beckwith thank the Air Force at Pleiku?
6. What is the bond being created between Beckwith and his soldiers in Chapter 12?
7. What leads Beckwith to Britain in Chapter 1, and what special program does he observe while he is there?
8. How is Beckwith promoted to full colonel in Chapter 15?
9. What are the definitions of "used" and "misused" as they are referred to during the military meetings in Chapter 13?
10. How does Beckwith describe the sacrifices made by his family, and how do they relate with other military families in general?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)