|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the colonel, what part of the plan has a tactical problem?
(a) Not using aircraft support for the evacuation or the escape.
(b) Using aircraft support during the evacuation, but not the escape.
(c) Using aircraft support during the escape and the evacuation.
(d) Using aircraft support during the escape, but not the evacuation.
2. What is Beckwith's concern in Chapter 18?
(a) Selling the idea to the President.
(b) Selling the idea to the House of Representatives.
(c) Selling the idea to the Pentagon.
(d) Selling the idea to Congress.
3. What is needed in order for the project to move forward?
(a) The approval of the executive office.
(b) The approval of the Senate.
(c) The approval of the people.
(d) The approval of Congress.
4. How long is Beckwith separated from his family throughout Delta Force?
(a) Two years at a time.
(b) A year at a time.
(c) Months to over a year at a time.
(d) Only months at a time.
5. What is Beckwith's mission in Chapter 1?
(a) To lead the British.
(b) To exchange knowledge with the British.
(c) To rescue the British.
(d) To protect the British.
Short Answer Questions
1. As described in the Prologue, how is distracting chaos used?
2. Along with Delta Force, what is Beckwith also running in Chapter 18?
3. What rank is Col. Hal Moore when he meets with Beckwith at Bong Son?
4. What is Beckwith doing in Chapter 14?
5. What is the purpose of the Joint Chiefs of Staff?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the definitions of "used" and "misused" as they are referred to during the military meetings in Chapter 13?
2. What is needed in order for Delta Force to fit in the military hierarchy, and what are the results of the first attempt to accomplish this?
3. What is the initial reaction to Beckwith's report in 1964?
4. How is Beckwith injured in Vietnam and how long does he spend in recovery?
5. What happens between Beckwith and the supervisor the day after he presents his report?
6. What request does Beckwith make to General Meyer in Chapter 18, and what is Meyer's response?
7. How is Beckwith accepted by the British troops and invited to Malaya?
8. How is Beckwith reunited with his wife and children, and what leads him to go back to Vietnam?
9. What is the tone of the book, "Delta Force", and why is it written this way?
10. What problem does Beckwith face in Chapter 20, and how is it solved?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)