|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take Beckwith to assemble the first Delta Force?
(a) Two months.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Six months.
2. How does Beckwith's wife respond to his wanting to return to Vietnam?
(a) She is angry but supportive.
(b) Her opinion is not mentioned.
(c) She leaves it to him, but thinks he's crazy.
(d) She is supportive and agrees.
3. Where is Beckwith's friend and supporter of Delta Force relocated to in Chapter 17?
4. What is Beckwith's mission in Chapter 1?
(a) To protect the British.
(b) To lead the British.
(c) To exchange knowledge with the British.
(d) To rescue the British.
5. How many sets of intake tests does the Delta Force run in Chapter 22?
6. How does Beckwith describe himself?
(a) As an emotional man.
(b) As a man who rarely shows his emotions.
(c) As a man who is not very emotional.
(d) As a man who allows his emotions to overtake him.
7. What is the focus of Chapter 19?
(a) The initial problems with the selection process of Delta Force.
(b) The debates over the selection process of Delta Force.
(c) The planning of the selection process of Delta Force.
(d) The creation of the selection process of Delta Force.
8. How many years does it take Beckwith to be promoted to Lieutenant Colonel in Chapter 14?
9. What is the term used to describe Beckwith's idea to send his After Action Report to a senator?
(a) Reverse maneuver.
(b) Left maneuver.
(c) Right maneuver.
(d) Center maneuver.
10. How is the battleground dealt with after the battle described in Chapter 10?
(a) It is burned by fire.
(b) It is left alone.
(c) It is destroyed by explosives.
(d) It is bulldozed.
11. What does Carter admit about the plan?
(a) He wants to take this course of action.
(b) He will still try to look for another course of action.
(c) He does not understand this course of action.
(d) He does not want to take this course of action.
12. In contrast to the American Delta Force, how many troopers did the British have in their unit?
13. What position does Beckwith hold when Chapter 1 begins?
(a) Soldier and Green Beret.
(b) Lieutenant and Green Beret.
(c) Sergeant and Green Beret.
(d) Captain and Green Beret.
14. How long does Beckwith spend hospitalized in Chapter 13?
(a) From April 1966 to June 1966.
(b) From January 1967 to May 1967.
(c) From January 1966 to May 1966.
(d) From April 1967 to June 1967.
15. What skills are considered when a person is selected to communicate the project?
(a) Presentation and military experience.
(b) Presentation, memorization, and military experience.
(c) Presentation and memorization.
(d) Memorization and military experience.
Short Answer Questions
1. What label does Beckwith use to refer to the person that communicates the project?
2. When does Beckwith get shot in Chapter 13?
3. How many months of "search and destroy" in Vietnam still haunt Beckwith as he writes the book in 1983?
4. When is Beckwith ready to begin training for the Delta Force?
5. How is General Kroesen's support for the Delta Force described at the end of Chapter 16?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)