|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Beckwith display his biases in "Delta Force"?
(a) He attempts to explain them.
(b) He attempts to hide them.
(c) He presents them in a straightforward way.
(d) He has no biases.
2. Where is Fort Benning located?
3. How long is Beckwith separated from his wife and children before they are reunited at Fort Benning?
(a) Nearly a year.
(b) Nearly two years.
(c) Over a year.
(d) Over two years.
4. What word does Beckwith use to describe how he is feeling in Chapter 20?
5. How many sets of intake tests does the Delta Force run in Chapter 22?
6. How is the military training of indigenous people described in Chapter 16?
(a) Both glamorous and important.
(b) Less important, but glamorous.
(c) Less glamorous and less important.
(d) Less glamorous, but important.
7. After his initial reaction, what answer does General Meyer give to Beckwith's request?
(a) He agrees to it, with certain conditions.
(b) He has to think about it.
(c) He rejects it.
(d) He agrees to it.
8. As Beckwith explains, whose hands is Delta Force in?
(a) Neither generals nor colonels.
(b) Only generals.
(c) Only colonels.
(d) Generals and colonels.
9. Along with Delta Force, what is Beckwith also running in Chapter 18?
(a) The Special Forces School.
(b) The Armed Task Forces School.
(c) The Armed Forces School.
(d) The Special Task Forces School.
10. What is Beckwith doing in Chapter 14?
(a) Developing military strategies.
(b) Leading troops into battle.
(c) Training personnel.
(d) Locating enemy camps.
11. According to Beckwith's plans for Delta Force in Chapter 18, how many key personnel are included?
(c) A few.
12. What does Moore tell Beckwith at Bong Son?
(a) That it is unclear how his troops will be used.
(b) That his troops will be used to kill Viet Cong.
(c) That his troops will not be used to kill Viet Cong.
(d) That his troops might be used to kill Viet Cong.
13. What inspires the original Delta Force?
(a) American organizational methods.
(b) The SAS.
(c) It is not specified.
(d) The SAS and American organizational methods.
14. Which battalion is Beckwith assigned to in February, 1968?
(a) The 44th Battalion.
(b) The 22nd Battalion.
(c) The 4th Battalion.
(d) The 2nd Battalion.
15. How is the budget for Delta Force described in Chapter 18?
(a) Unintentionally undistorted.
(b) Unintentionally distorted.
(c) Intentionally distorted.
(d) Intentionally undistorted.
Short Answer Questions
1. What skills are considered when a person is selected to communicate the project?
2. What is Beckwith's concern in Chapter 18?
3. Which one of the following is not included in the list of major players mentioned in Chapter 9?
4. How many helicopters are included in the plan that is discussed in the Prologue?
5. Which one of the following best describes Beckwith's meeting with General Rogers in Chapter 21?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)