|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does General Rogers direct Beckwith to do during their meeting in Chapter 21?
(a) Give him daily reports.
(b) Give him monthly reports.
(c) Keep him informed.
(d) Be selective about the information he relates.
2. Which one of the following is not included in the list of military personnel that is under Beckwith at the beginning of Chapter 13?
(b) Noncommissioned officers.
(c) Enlisted soldiers.
3. How do the government offices respond at the end of Chapter 20?
(a) They continue to seek only Beckwith's feedback about the project.
(b) They continue attempts to hurry the project.
(c) The continue to seek feedback from military leaders about the project.
(d) They cease attempts to hurry the project.
4. What position is Beckwith focused on finding in Chapter 18?
(a) Sergeant colonel.
(b) Sergeant major.
(c) Lieutenant major.
(d) Lieutenant colonel.
5. According to Chapter 21, what can minor paranoia symptoms often be considered?
(a) A sign of trouble.
(b) A sign of strength.
(c) A sign of weakness.
(d) A sign about the truth.
6. Which group is Beckwith the operations officer for at the start of Chapter 8?
(a) The 7th Group.
(b) The 6th Group.
(c) The 4th Group.
(d) The 5th Group.
7. How does Beckwith describe himself?
(a) As a man who allows his emotions to overtake him.
(b) As an emotional man.
(c) As a man who rarely shows his emotions.
(d) As a man who is not very emotional.
8. What is Beckwith's concern in Chapter 18?
(a) Selling the idea to the House of Representatives.
(b) Selling the idea to the Pentagon.
(c) Selling the idea to Congress.
(d) Selling the idea to the President.
9. What is Beckwith's tone of the book?
(a) Personable and technical.
(b) Informative and personable.
(c) Informative, personable, and technical.
(d) Informative and technical.
10. How long does it take Beckwith to assemble the first Delta Force?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) Two months.
(d) Six months.
11. As described in the Prologue, how is distracting chaos used?
12. Out of sixty soldiers, how many make it past the second run of the Delta Force selection process?
13. What is the purpose of the Joint Chiefs of Staff?
(a) To oversee military operations.
(b) To be liaisons between the military and congress.
(c) To convince congress to approve of new military operations.
(d) To be liaisons between the American military and foreign militaries.
14. What label does Beckwith use to refer to the person that communicates the project?
15. What is Beckwith's mission in Chapter 10?
(a) To find the enemy and track them.
(b) To find the enemy and report to the higher-ups.
(c) None of the answers is correct.
(d) To find the enemy and capture them.
Short Answer Questions
1. In contrast to the American Delta Force, how many troopers did the British have in their unit?
2. What is Beckwith doing in Chapter 14?
3. What part of the American military is Delta Force considered in the beginning of Chapter 16?
4. How is General Kroesen's support for the Delta Force described at the end of Chapter 16?
5. What is used to facilitate the landings and takeoffs of helicopters in the plan?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)