|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many helicopters are included in the plan that is discussed in the Prologue?
(a) It is not clarified.
(b) A small number.
(c) A large number.
(d) A moderate number.
2. Along with Delta Force, what is Beckwith also running in Chapter 18?
(a) The Armed Task Forces School.
(b) The Special Task Forces School.
(c) The Armed Forces School.
(d) The Special Forces School.
3. What part of the American military is Delta Force considered in the beginning of Chapter 16?
(b) Air Force.
(d) Special Forces.
4. Who helps to straighten out Delta's Force positioning within the military hierarchy in Chapter 22?
(a) General Smith.
(b) General Mackmull.
(c) General Meyer.
(d) General Rogers.
5. According to what Beckwith is told in Chapter 16, what is the only way the Delta Force program will be successful?
(a) If it goes through the civilian arms of government.
(b) If the president does not know about it.
(c) If it is kept away from the civilian arms of government.
(d) If the congress does not know about it.
6. When does Beckwith get shot in Chapter 13?
(a) After he makes it to the landing zone.
(b) After the battle with the enemy begins.
(c) Before he makes it to the landing zone.
(d) Before the battle with the enemy begins.
7. What does Beckwith notice about the surgeons while he is in the recovery ward?
(a) That they only work during the day.
(b) That they work around the clock.
(c) That they only work for half of the day and half of the night.
(d) That they only work during the night.
8. What request does Beckwith make to General Meyer?
(a) To be given Delta Force full time.
(b) To be a full time consultant for Delta Force.
(c) To be only a part time consultant for Delta Force.
(d) To be given Delta Force for less than full time.
9. What is needed in order for the project to move forward?
(a) The approval of Congress.
(b) The approval of the executive office.
(c) The approval of the people.
(d) The approval of the Senate.
10. As of Chapter 21, how many stars does General Rogers have at this point in his career?
11. How long is Beckwith separated from his wife and children before they are reunited at Fort Benning?
(a) Over two years.
(b) Nearly a year.
(c) Over a year.
(d) Nearly two years.
12. What is Beckwith doing in Chapter 14?
(a) Locating enemy camps.
(b) Leading troops into battle.
(c) Training personnel.
(d) Developing military strategies.
13. What is Beckwith's tone of the book?
(a) Informative and technical.
(b) Personable and technical.
(c) Informative and personable.
(d) Informative, personable, and technical.
14. How does General Meyer respond to Beckwith's request in Chapter 18?
(a) He is confused by the request.
(b) He is angered by the request.
(c) He gives him a warning.
(d) He gives him a lecture.
15. What does CSA stand for?
(a) Army Chief of Staff.
(b) Commander of the Special Armed Forces.
(c) Commander of the Armed Services.
(d) Armed Forces Chief of Staff.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of changes is Beckwith told to make to Delta Force in Chapter 16?
2. What is the focus of Chapter 19?
3. According to Beckwith's plans for Delta Force in Chapter 18, how many key personnel are included?
4. Which one of the following is not included in the list of military personnel that is under Beckwith at the beginning of Chapter 13?
5. What is Beckwith asked to provide in Chapter 17?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)