|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ed get up the cliff?
(a) He uses his hands and feet to climb the surface of the cliff.
(b) He crawls along switchbacks.
(c) He uses the rope to relay from one rock to another.
(d) The climb is surprisingly easy.
2. How does Ed know he shot the man he and Bobby met earlier?
(a) He finds false teeth in the man's pocket.
(b) He recognizes a scar on the man's right cheek.
(c) The man is wearing the same clothes as in the earlier meeting.
(d) He doesn't know for sure.
3. On the second day of the trip, what does Ed do while Bobby cares for Lewis after Ed drags his friend out of the river?
(a) He looks for the man Lewis said shot Drew.
(b) He searches for a limb with which to make a splint for Lewis.
(c) He retrieves the aluminum canoe and a paddle.
(d) He finds the gear that spilled from the canoes.
4. While hunting the first morning of the canoe trip, why does Ed miss the buck at which he shoots?
(a) A branch knocks the bow to one side.
(b) He does everythng right, but the buck moves.
(c) He lifts his bow hand, as he releases his arrow.
(d) He gets buck fever.
5. What causes the wound in Ed's side after he shoots the man trying to kill him?
(a) The shooter's shot grazes him.
(b) One of his own arrows.
(c) A tree branch pierces his side as he falls to the ground.
(d) A rock from his climb that he hasn't noticed until now.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the men decide to bury the body of the man Lewis shot?
2. What part of the river must the survivors get through before reaching civilization?
3. How much hunting experience does Ed have?
4. What does Lewis tell Ed after Ed pulls him from the river after his canoe overturns?
5. How does Lewis react to having killed a man?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)