|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes the wound in Ed's side after he shoots the man trying to kill him?
(a) The shooter's shot grazes him.
(b) A tree branch pierces his side as he falls to the ground.
(c) A rock from his climb that he hasn't noticed until now.
(d) One of his own arrows.
2. How do Bobby and Lewis get their canoe through the rapids that overturned Ed's canoe?
(a) They go into the water and hold onto the canoe.
(b) They don't; they end up in the water like Ed and Drew.
(c) Lewis keeps the canoe away from the rocks.
(d) Bobby and Lewis use their paddles like outriggers.
3. How does Lewis react to having killed a man?
(a) He loses his breakfast.
(b) He shuts himself away from the others.
(c) It doesn't seem to bother him.
(d) He examines the man and kicks his dead body.
4. What does Ed do with the body of the dead shooter?
(a) He leaves it to be disposed of by the animals.
(b) He throws it over the cliff.
(c) He lowers it down the cliff with a rope.
(d) He hides it under brush and leaves.
5. Why do the men shift some gear to a different canoe on the second day, September 15?
(a) Because Bobby complains.
(b) Because Bobby can't handle a normal load.
(c) To have a little of everything in each canoe in case one tips.
(d) To equalize the load.
Short Answer Questions
1. What change has come about with Lewis while Ed was dealing with the shooter?
2. How does the Highway Patrolman react to the made-up story?
3. In the September 15 section, the first morning, why does Ed hunt in the draw?
4. What ruins the perfect shot Ed has at the shooter at the top of the cliff?
5. What does Ed tell Bobby they must do about the man trying to kill them?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)