|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the first day of the canoe trip, for what does Lewis tell Ed he wants to be ready?
(a) His own death.
(b) The day the human race finally finds peace.
(c) The day Ed finally comes around to his way of thinking.
(d) When the machines and political systems fail.
2. What does Ed think about the Kitt's model when he first sees her?
(a) She's thinner than he likes for this job.
(b) She's healthy and tomboyish.
(c) He's pleased with her legs.
(d) He's disappointed because she's a farm girl.
3. What does the Kitt's model do during the photo shoot that gives Ed a deep male thrill?
(a) She returns his stare with a stare of her own.
(b) She moves provocatively.
(c) She covers her breast with her hand.
(d) Nothing, he simply views her as a way to sell a product.
4. How much does Lewis offer each Griner brother to drive their cars to Aintry?
(a) Forty dollars.
(b) Five dollars.
(c) Twenty dollars.
(d) Ten dollars.
5. While driving to Oree, what does Lewis tell Ed?
(a) That nothing important ever happens in the hill country.
(b) That he doubts he'll truly enjoy the trip.
(c) That Ed's the only one on the trip besides him with any brains.
(d) That Ed usually only does what he has to do.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Lewis say the men should meet for their canoe trip?
2. When Ed and Lewis arrive at the Griner brother's garage, what happens to one of the brothers?
3. To what businesses does the graphics studio mostly cater ?
4. Why does Ed enjoy Drew's music so much at the first encampment of the canoe trip?
5. What do Bobby and Drew contribute to the enjoyment of their first night's camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why might Drew and the albino boy, Lonnie, become friends after the trip?
2. In the After section, why does Ed go to Bobby's room at Biddiford's?
3. While resting during his climb up the cliff, what does Ed think about the view?
4. Why does Lewis share a canoe with Bobby when the men first enter the water?
5. When the group stops for a swim, why doesn't Bobby join them in the water?
6. Why does Ed react badly when he goes to the hospital to talk to Lewis and sees patrol cars out front?
7. On the second day of the trip, how is Ed swift enough to reach the shotgun first when the man holding it is shot?
8. How do the police in Aintry verify the truth of the stories of the men?
9. What's the significance of the owl hunting from Ed's tent the first night?
10. After finding the body of the man he shot and realizing he might have shot the wrong man, how does Ed feel?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)