|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the approximate ages of the four men who are discussing the canoe trip?
(a) Late twenties.
(b) Varies from twenty to thirty-five.
2. What does the blue light of the Kitt's photo shoot remind Ed of?
(a) A hot desert sky.
(b) A pool of water.
(c) Mornings and evenings.
(d) Prisons and interrogations.
3. What had Ed found attractive about his wife when they first met?
(a) They shared the same interests.
(b) Everything about her.
(c) He's an artist, and she was a beautiful model.
(d) Her genuine spark of personal connection.
4. What does Ed like to do for his friends?
(a) Play practical jokes.
(b) Give them a handicap when they play golf.
(c) Make collages.
(d) Take them for a drink on their birthdays.
5. When does Lewis say the men should meet for their canoe trip?
(a) Late Thursday so they can get to Oree before dark.
(b) Early Friday morning.
(c) He'll call them when the time is arranged.
(d) Saturday around noon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What one good thing had Holley done that remains at the graphics business?
2. What kind of men work at the graphics studio?
3. What is Ed's first impression of the Cahulawassee river?
4. What is Ed most proud of about his business?
5. Where does Ed tell Lewis he'll go if disaster strikes?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the group feel after getting through their first whitewater safely?
2. When no body has been found after he first day of dragging the river, why doesn't Ed return the next day when the search for the body will continue?
3. Preparing to kill their attacker, why does Ed think he may not be capable of actually killing another human being?
4. From where does Ed think the model in the photo shoot is?
5. What problem does Drew Ballinger's son have?
6. Describe the map of the Cuhulawsassee River that Lewis shows to the men at the luncheon before the canoe trip.
7. How does Ed react to the eventual filling in of the dammed area of the river?
8. On the cliff, waiting for their attacker to arrive, why is Ed good at guessing what the attacker will do when he arrives?
9. After getting back down the cliff, why is Ed enraged with Bobby for doing exactly what Ed expected him to do?
10. At the luncheon, why does Ed think Bobby and Drew won't take the canoe trip?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)