|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ed looking forward to while the men are discussing the canoe trip during lunch?
(a) A walk through town.
(b) The afternoon's photo shoot.
(c) Practice at the archery range.
(d) A drink with his wife after work.
2. What memory does the sight of a red-and-white drive-in reawaken in Ed as he and Lewis drive past it?
(a) Having lunch with his co-workers.
(b) A Christmas party where he drank too much.
(c) Stopping there with Dean after a baseball game.
(d) A time when Lewis criticized the food.
3. What does Lewis think of people living in the rural South?
(a) He doesn't think of them one way or another.
(b) They are good people but clannish.
(c) He thinks they are lacking ambition.
(d) He dislikes them intensely.
4. What people surround Ed as he walks back to work from having lunch with the other men?
(b) Mothers and children shopping for school supplies.
(c) Men returning to work after lunch.
(d) Couples strolling through the park.
5. How is the first man that the four men encounter in Oree described?
(a) An old man with a straw hat and work shirt.
(b) The owner of the dry goods store.
(c) A teen-aged boy on his way home from school.
(d) A man wearing a stained, gray work uniform.
Short Answer Questions
1. What camping equipment do Ed and Dean play with in the living room the morning Ed leaves on the canoe trip?
2. What kind of business does Ed Gentry own with a partner?
3. Who first suggests a white-water canoe trip?
4. What does the Kitt's model wear for Ed's photo shoot?
5. Alone in his office after the canoe trip was proposed, how does Ed get past his depression?
Short Essay Questions
1. Learning that Ed killed their attacker, why is Bobby surprised that Ed did what he'd set out to do?
2. What does a local man in Oree suggest to Drew that he do?
3. Why did Ed let his employee, George Holley, go?
4. Why does the sheriff keep asking questions after saying he accepts Ed's story of the accident?
5. Why does Ed tell Drew's wife of her loss before getting a good rest at home?
6. When the locals arrive with a gun while Ed and Bobby are resting, what does Ed think is the reason for their accosting Bobby and him?
7. How does Ed feel upon learning that Drew was shot?
8. Why does Lewis decide not to chide Ed for failing to hit the buck while hunting?
9. As Lewis and Ed drive to Oree, how does Lewis describe the lifestyle of the people in the hill country?
10. From where does Bobby Trippe come?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)