|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ed enjoy Drew's music so much at the first encampment of the canoe trip?
(a) It's soft mood music.
(b) It reminds him of home and of his wife.
(c) Drew knows what kind of music each man likes and plays it.
(d) It's folk music played in the right setting.
2. On the first day of the canoe trip, for what does Lewis tell Ed he wants to be ready?
(a) The day Ed finally comes around to his way of thinking.
(b) His own death.
(c) The day the human race finally finds peace.
(d) When the machines and political systems fail.
3. What kind of musical instrument does the albino boy, Lonnie, play?
(a) A guitar.
(c) A banjo.
(d) A fiddle.
4. How much does Lewis offer each Griner brother to drive their cars to Aintry?
(a) Five dollars.
(b) Ten dollars.
(c) Forty dollars.
(d) Twenty dollars.
5. What does the blue light of the Kitt's photo shoot remind Ed of?
(a) A hot desert sky.
(b) Mornings and evenings.
(c) A pool of water.
(d) Prisons and interrogations.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following sports is the only one Lewis did not learn?
2. Why does Lewis tell Ed the story of his lost friend before taking the canoe trip?
3. When does Lewis say the men should meet for their canoe trip?
4. in the Before section, Ed Gentry is depressed after lunch because...
5. How do Ed and his partner divide up the work in their business?
Short Essay Questions
1. After finding the body of the man he shot and realizing he might have shot the wrong man, how does Ed feel?
2. How does Drew describe the kind of music he plays the first night of the canoe trip?
3. Why are Ed and Bobby paired in the canoe on the second day of the canoe trip instead of Ed and Drew, as happened the first day?
4. Why does Lewis take the lead in the search for the river instead of following the Griner brothers?
5. How does Ed feel upon learning that Drew was shot?
6. How does Ed react to the eventual filling in of the dammed area of the river?
7. While resting during his climb up the cliff, what does Ed think about the view?
8. After the rape and the disposal of the body, how does Ed feel when he hears the worst whitewater of the trip ahead of them?
9. When no body has been found after he first day of dragging the river, why doesn't Ed return the next day when the search for the body will continue?
10. After shooting their attacker, why does Ed track him even though he himself has been wounded?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)