|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of pictures does Ed think resulted from the Kitt's photo shoot?
(a) Nothing that can be used.
(b) Some good stuff.
(c) Better pictures than ever before.
(d) Good enough to satisfy the client, though not professional.
2. in the Before section, why doesn't Ed worry about being late for work?
(a) He's not working that day.
(b) He owns the business so he can come and go as he pleases.
(c) The shop doesn't have set hours.
(d) He and his partner run a no-sweat shop.
3. When Ed and Lewis arrive at the Griner brother's garage, what happens to one of the brothers?
(a) He is cut and bleeding.
(b) He misjudges an anvil swing and breaks a truck wheel.
(c) He barely misses being hit by a bullet when he drops his rifle.
(d) He stumbles over an anvil on his way to greet the men.
4. Who first suggests a white-water canoe trip?
(a) Drew Ballinger.
(b) Ed Gentry.
(c) Lewis Medlock.
(d) Bobby Trippe.
5. Where is the dam being built that will turn part of the Cahulawassee River into a lake?
(a) A few miles south of Atlanta.
(d) Where the river exits Lake Bodie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which employees of the graphics studio does the owner feel most sorry for?
2. What memory does the sight of a red-and-white drive-in reawaken in Ed as he and Lewis drive past it?
3. What does Ed's wife ask him before his departure on the canoe trip?
4. Alone in his office after the canoe trip was proposed, how does Ed get past his depression?
5. When does Lewis say the men should meet for their canoe trip?
Short Essay Questions
1. After the rape and the disposal of the body, how does Ed feel when he hears the worst whitewater of the trip ahead of them?
2. On the second day of the canoe trip, why is Bobby's paddling so erratic?
3. Why did Ed let his employee, George Holley, go?
4. How does the canoe trip change Ed's attitude towards his work?
5. Why does Lewis decide not to chide Ed for failing to hit the buck while hunting?
6. Why does the sheriff keep asking questions after saying he accepts Ed's story of the accident?
7. When the group stops for a swim, why doesn't Bobby join them in the water?
8. While resting during his climb up the cliff, what does Ed think about the view?
9. At the luncheon, of what does Lewis' mention of his bow make Bobby think?
10. What does Ed tell his wife when she asks if he really wants to go on the canoe trip?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)