|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the approximate ages of the four men who are discussing the canoe trip?
(a) Varies from twenty to thirty-five.
(b) Late twenties.
2. What does Ed think about the Kitt's model when he first sees her?
(a) She's thinner than he likes for this job.
(b) He's pleased with her legs.
(c) He's disappointed because she's a farm girl.
(d) She's healthy and tomboyish.
3. What does Ed like to do for his friends?
(a) Give them a handicap when they play golf.
(b) Take them for a drink on their birthdays.
(c) Play practical jokes.
(d) Make collages.
4. Which of the men invited to take the canoe trip is more than happy to agree?
(a) All of them.
(b) Drew Ballinger.
(c) Ed Gentry
(d) None of them.
5. What kind of men work at the graphics studio?
(a) Men who failed elsewhere due to lack of talent.
(b) Men who'd tried it in New York and returned to the South.
(c) Men who are difficult with whom it is difficult to get along.
(d) Men who take orders well.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what disaster have Lewis and his wife prepared?
2. How is the first man that the four men encounter in Oree described?
3. in the Before section, Ed Gentry is depressed after lunch because...
4. How do Ed and Drew get through their first whitewater on the trip?
5. On the way to Oree, where does the group have breakfast?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lewis take the lead in the search for the river instead of following the Griner brothers?
2. While resting during his climb up the cliff, what does Ed think about the view?
3. At the luncheon, of what does Lewis' mention of his bow make Bobby think?
4. From where does Bobby Trippe come?
5. What does a local man in Oree suggest to Drew that he do?
6. After the canoe trip, why is Ed not sorry when Bobby disappears from his life, even though, before the trip, he enjoyed knowing him?
7. Why does Lewis share a canoe with Bobby when the men first enter the water?
8. Why does Lewis say the Griner brothers won't just take the money and not deliver the cars to Aintry?
9. When no body has been found after he first day of dragging the river, why doesn't Ed return the next day when the search for the body will continue?
10. After the rape and the disposal of the body, how does Ed feel when he hears the worst whitewater of the trip ahead of them?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)