|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the way to Oree, where does the group have breakfast?
(a) They eat rolls as they drive.
(b) In a little town named Seluca.
(c) They wait until they reach Oree.
(d) To save time, they ate before leaving home.
2. What kind of pictures does Ed think resulted from the Kitt's photo shoot?
(a) Better pictures than ever before.
(b) Nothing that can be used.
(c) Some good stuff.
(d) Good enough to satisfy the client, though not professional.
3. Why does Lewis think he can find the Cahulawassee River himself?
(a) He trusts his instinctive sense of direction.
(b) He can see the trees beside the river in the distance.
(c) He has pored over maps until he has the way memorized.
(d) He got directions at the filling station.
4. Which of the four men on the canoe trip is a straightforward quiet fellow?
5. What people surround Ed as he walks back to work from having lunch with the other men?
(b) Couples strolling through the park.
(c) Men returning to work after lunch.
(d) Mothers and children shopping for school supplies.
6. What one good thing had Holley done that remains at the graphics business?
(a) Instilled the value of artistic integrity in the design team.
(b) Wrote a manual on graphic design.
(c) Created a mural along the hallway.
(d) Turned a bird into a Pegasus.
7. What does Ed do when the owl hunts from the pole of his tent?
(a) He pushes the claws off the tent pole.
(b) He rolls up in his sleeping bag; it's the only way he can sleep.
(c) He shakes the tent until it stays away.
(d) He imagines himself hunting with it.
8. Where does Ed tell Lewis he'll go if disaster strikes?
(a) He'll head north where his wife has relatives.
(b) Into the hills where he can live life on his own terms.
(c) He'll stay at home.
(d) South where it's warm.
9. What is Ed's first impression of the Cahulawassee river?
(a) He wonders if their canoes are the right kind for the current.
(b) He considers it small and insignificant-appearing.
(c) It makes him uneasy for reasons he can't identify.
(d) He thinks it's pretty.
10. What one thing do all three men invited for the canoe trip share?
(a) All are suburban, middle-class men.
(b) None like Lewis.
(c) All are unhappily married.
(d) All work for the same company.
11. What kind of musical instrument does the albino boy, Lonnie, play?
(b) A guitar.
(c) A fiddle.
(d) A banjo.
12. What wakes Ed the morning he is to depart on the canoe trip?
(a) Martha, his wife.
(b) His eagerness to get going.
(c) The sound of the wind.
(d) The alarm clock he set the night before.
13. What kind of men work at the graphics studio?
(a) Men who'd tried it in New York and returned to the South.
(b) Men who failed elsewhere due to lack of talent.
(c) Men who are difficult with whom it is difficult to get along.
(d) Men who take orders well.
14. At lunch, discussing the canoe trip, why does the trip organizer suggest the men take the trip now?
(a) The water level will be too low later.
(b) Ed's business schedule will only allow it this week.
(c) The river is going to be dammed, and the area will flood.
(d) It will soon be winter and too cold.
15. Where is the dam being built that will turn part of the Cahulawassee River into a lake?
(a) A few miles south of Atlanta.
(b) Where the river exits Lake Bodie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Griner brother ask Lewis after being asked to drive the cars to Aintry?
2. What is Ed most proud of about his business?
3. What had Ed found attractive about his wife when they first met?
4. The first day of the canoe trip, which canoe first experiences difficulties and ends up going sideways?
5. What does Drew Ballinger wish to bring on the canoe trip?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)