|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Griner brother ask Lewis after being asked to drive the cars to Aintry?
(a) Why their cars need to be driven to Aintry.
(b) Who sent them to see him.
(c) Why they are bothering him.
(d) What's the most he is willing to pay each of them.
2. What does Ed like to do for his friends?
(a) Play practical jokes.
(b) Give them a handicap when they play golf.
(c) Take them for a drink on their birthdays.
(d) Make collages.
3. What does the Kitt's model wear for Ed's photo shoot?
(a) She's fully clothed.
(b) Panties and a bra.
(d) Nothing, she is nude.
4. What wakes Ed the morning he is to depart on the canoe trip?
(a) The alarm clock he set the night before.
(b) His eagerness to get going.
(c) Martha, his wife.
(d) The sound of the wind.
5. What kind of musical instrument does the albino boy, Lonnie, play?
(a) A fiddle.
(c) A banjo.
(d) A guitar.
6. In the Before section, what does the graphics studio client think will best sell his Kitt's product?
(a) A comic strip character.
(b) A nude model holding a pair of panties.
(c) A model with a kitten pulling off her panties.
(d) He has no suggestions; it's Ed's business to know what sells.
7. While in Oree, what animal(s) does Ed wonder about getting a chance to hunt?
(b) Bears and wild hogs.
(c) A ten-point buck.
8. What does Drew Ballinger wish to bring on the canoe trip?
(a) Survival gear.
(b) Plenty of liquor.
(c) A Martin guitar.
(d) A waterproof camera.
9. Where is the dam being built that will turn part of the Cahulawassee River into a lake?
(b) Where the river exits Lake Bodie.
(c) A few miles south of Atlanta.
10. How do Ed and Drew get through their first whitewater on the trip?
(a) They head straight down the middle.
(b) They end up going sideways through most of it.
(c) They let the current carry the canoe through it.
(d) They get out and pull the canoe, so it won't overturn.
11. What does Ed think about the Kitt's model when he first sees her?
(a) She's thinner than he likes for this job.
(b) He's pleased with her legs.
(c) She's healthy and tomboyish.
(d) He's disappointed because she's a farm girl.
12. On the first day of the canoe trip, for what does Lewis tell Ed he wants to be ready?
(a) The day the human race finally finds peace.
(b) His own death.
(c) When the machines and political systems fail.
(d) The day Ed finally comes around to his way of thinking.
13. What kind of pictures does Ed think resulted from the Kitt's photo shoot?
(a) Good enough to satisfy the client, though not professional.
(b) Better pictures than ever before.
(c) Some good stuff.
(d) Nothing that can be used.
14. What memory does the sight of a red-and-white drive-in reawaken in Ed as he and Lewis drive past it?
(a) A Christmas party where he drank too much.
(b) Having lunch with his co-workers.
(c) A time when Lewis criticized the food.
(d) Stopping there with Dean after a baseball game.
15. For what disaster have Lewis and his wife prepared?
(a) An atom bomb falling on the USA.
(b) A tornado.
(c) A run on the banks; he has gold hidden on his property.
(d) A hurricane.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following sports is the only one Lewis did not learn?
2. in the Before section, Ed Gentry is depressed after lunch because...
3. Where does Ed tell Lewis he'll go if disaster strikes?
4. Before Lewis arrives to pick Ed up for the canoe trip, where is Ed's son Dean?
5. Which of the four men going on the canoe trip is very social and well-liked by most people?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)