|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before Lewis arrives to begin the canoe trip, what does Ed's wife do to make Ed feel better?
(a) She tells him he doesn't have to make the trip.
(b) She makes sure he has everything he needs.
(c) She makes love to him.
(d) She tells him he'll enjoy the trip.
2. Which of the four men on the canoe trip is a straightforward quiet fellow?
3. What do Drew and Bobby do while Ed and Lewis talk to the Griner brothers?
(a) Find a place for the men to have lunch.
(b) Buy supplies.
(c) Find the turn-off leading to the river.
(d) Call the men's families to let them know they are in Oree.
4. What is Ed most proud of about his business?
(a) The clients are important local businesses.
(b) It is a refuge from life.
(c) Business is increasing rapidly.
(d) He and Thad created it.
5. The first day of the canoe trip, which canoe first experiences difficulties and ends up going sideways?
(a) Neither canoe has problems the first day.
(b) Lewis and Bobby's.
(c) Both canoes get into trouble immediately.
(d) Ed and Drew's.
6. Who first suggests a white-water canoe trip?
(a) Drew Ballinger.
(b) Bobby Trippe.
(c) Lewis Medlock.
(d) Ed Gentry.
7. In what season do the men take their canoe trip?
(b) Early autumn.
(c) Spring, when the river level is high.
(d) Early winter, just before freeze-up.
8. What is Ed looking forward to while the men are discussing the canoe trip during lunch?
(a) Practice at the archery range.
(b) The afternoon's photo shoot.
(c) A walk through town.
(d) A drink with his wife after work.
9. in the Before section, Ed Gentry is depressed after lunch because...
(a) He and his wife had a fight that morning.
(b) He feels his life is ordinary.
(c) He doesn't like the presentation on which he's working.
(d) He's afraid he won't live up to Lewis' expectations of him.
10. What wakes Ed the morning he is to depart on the canoe trip?
(a) The alarm clock he set the night before.
(b) Martha, his wife.
(c) The sound of the wind.
(d) His eagerness to get going.
11. In the story Lewis tells Ed while they are driving to Oree, what happened when his friend was lost?
(a) The friend eats nuts and berries until a search party arrives.
(b) A rural Southerner goes out and finds him in the night.
(c) His friend makes his way to civilization with a broken arm.
(d) Lewis finds his friend by following his trail.
12. What does the Kitt's model wear for Ed's photo shoot?
(a) Panties and a bra.
(b) Nothing, she is nude.
(c) She's fully clothed.
13. What does Lewis think of Ed's bow when he comes to pick him up?
(a) The pull is too light; it might not kill a deer.
(b) He doesn't like it because it's a recurved bow.
(c) It's losing glass.
(d) He thinks it will do in a pinch.
14. How do Ed and his partner divide up the work in their business?
(a) Thad does the graphics while Ed runs the business.
(b) They both share in all aspects of the business.
(c) They decide on a case-by-case basis who does what.
(d) Ed does the graphics while Thad runs the business.
15. What enables Lewis to live life on his terms?
(a) He has a subconscious death wish.
(c) Lack of family.
(d) He owns an insurance business.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about the model in Ed's photo shoot attracts him the most?
2. Before Lewis arrives to pick Ed up for the canoe trip, where is Ed's son Dean?
3. What camping equipment do Ed and Dean play with in the living room the morning Ed leaves on the canoe trip?
4. What kind of men work at the graphics studio?
5. At lunch, discussing the canoe trip, why does the trip organizer suggest the men take the trip now?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)