|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through September 16th.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the September 16 section, what does Ed ask of his wife when he calls her?
(a) That she prepare their son for his father's wound.
(b) That she come and help because she's a nurse.
(c) That she come and bring him home.
(d) That she not tell Drew's wife that Drew is dead.
2. What causes the wound in Ed's side after he shoots the man trying to kill him?
(a) The shooter's shot grazes him.
(b) A tree branch pierces his side as he falls to the ground.
(c) One of his own arrows.
(d) A rock from his climb that he hasn't noticed until now.
3. Why don't the men stop at the first opportunity when their canoe reaches civilization?
(a) Bobby wants to wait until they reach a town.
(b) They need a sandy area to beach the canoe.
(c) Ed makes sure they stop where they can get help for Lewis.
(d) Ed fears they may run into the attacker's friends.
4. What tempts Ed to pull out of the canoe trip at the last minute?
(a) He wants to go golfing.
(b) He has no experience with white-water canoeing.
(c) The thought of snakes, insects, and twigs.
(d) He has an unexpected premonition of danger.
5. What does Ed tell Bobby they must do about the man trying to kill them?
(a) Take the canoe through the gorge under cover of darkness.
(b) Take their chances with the shooter on the river the next day.
(c) Kill the man who's trying to kill them.
(d) Stay with Lewis and wait for help to arrive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lewis think of Ed's bow when he comes to pick him up?
2. When the doctor wants Ed to stay overnight at the hospital, what does Ed do?
3. Where is the dam being built that will turn part of the Cahulawassee River into a lake?
4. When Ed and Lewis arrive at the Griner brother's garage, what happens to one of the brothers?
5. Why does Lewis tell Ed the story of his lost friend before taking the canoe trip?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)