|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through September 15th.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While hunting the first morning of the canoe trip, why does Ed miss the buck at which he shoots?
(a) A branch knocks the bow to one side.
(b) He gets buck fever.
(c) He does everythng right, but the buck moves.
(d) He lifts his bow hand, as he releases his arrow.
2. In the September 15 section, in the river after their swim, why do Bobby and Ed get ahead of the others?
(a) Lewis and Drew's canoe is heavy, and they must go carefully.
(b) Lewis and Drew were slower getting started.
(c) Lewis and Drew are hanging back in case Ed needs help.
(d) Bobby hates the trip and won't stop to enjoy the scenery.
3. What does Lewis think of Ed's bow when he comes to pick him up?
(a) The pull is too light; it might not kill a deer.
(b) He thinks it will do in a pinch.
(c) He doesn't like it because it's a recurved bow.
(d) It's losing glass.
4. Which of the four men going on the canoe trip is very social and well-liked by most people?
5. On the second day of the trip, what does Ed do while Bobby cares for Lewis after Ed drags his friend out of the river?
(a) He searches for a limb with which to make a splint for Lewis.
(b) He looks for the man Lewis said shot Drew.
(c) He finds the gear that spilled from the canoes.
(d) He retrieves the aluminum canoe and a paddle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lewis tell Ed after Ed pulls him from the river after his canoe overturns?
2. What does Lewis think of people living in the rural South?
3. What kind of musical instrument does the albino boy, Lonnie, play?
4. What does Drew want to do with the body of the man Lewis killed?
5. What camping equipment do Ed and Dean play with in the living room the morning Ed leaves on the canoe trip?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)