|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through September 15th.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bobby Trippe want to bring on the canoe trip?
(a) A gun for protection.
(c) An extra first-aid kit.
(d) Archery equipment.
2. On the first day of the canoe trip, for what does Lewis tell Ed he wants to be ready?
(a) His own death.
(b) When the machines and political systems fail.
(c) The day Ed finally comes around to his way of thinking.
(d) The day the human race finally finds peace.
3. What does one of the locals who accosted Bobby and Ed with a gun do to Bobby?
(a) He shoves a fist into Bobby's face.
(b) He hits him with the butt of his rifle.
(c) He scares him by shooting, and a bullet grazes Bobby's hair.
(d) He sodomizes him.
4. What tempts Ed to pull out of the canoe trip at the last minute?
(a) He wants to go golfing.
(b) He has an unexpected premonition of danger.
(c) The thought of snakes, insects, and twigs.
(d) He has no experience with white-water canoeing.
5. What does Ed's wife ask him before his departure on the canoe trip?
(a) If he really wants to go.
(b) Why he agreed to such a crazy trip.
(c) Whether the photo shoot the day before went well.
(d) Whether he's up to the physical stress of canoeing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What wakes Ed the morning he is to depart on the canoe trip?
2. On the second day of the trip, what does Ed do while Bobby cares for Lewis after Ed drags his friend out of the river?
3. What had Ed found attractive about his wife when they first met?
4. Why does Ed enjoy Drew's music so much at the first encampment of the canoe trip?
5. What kind of business does Ed Gentry own with a partner?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)