|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through September 14th.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ed looking forward to while the men are discussing the canoe trip during lunch?
(a) Practice at the archery range.
(b) A drink with his wife after work.
(c) A walk through town.
(d) The afternoon's photo shoot.
2. What does Drew do after he and Lonnie play a duet?
(a) He laughs for the sheer joy of having made music.
(b) He turns away in embarrassment because he played poorly.
(c) He offers Lonnie a chance to play in the city.
(d) He gets Lonnie's name and address to look him up later.
3. On the first day of the canoe trip, for what does Lewis tell Ed he wants to be ready?
(a) His own death.
(b) The day the human race finally finds peace.
(c) When the machines and political systems fail.
(d) The day Ed finally comes around to his way of thinking.
4. In what season do the men take their canoe trip?
(b) Spring, when the river level is high.
(c) Early winter, just before freeze-up.
(d) Early autumn.
5. What does Ed like to do for his friends?
(a) Play practical jokes.
(b) Take them for a drink on their birthdays.
(c) Make collages.
(d) Give them a handicap when they play golf.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ed always notice about people in the rural South?
2. Which of the men invited to take the canoe trip is more than happy to agree?
3. When does Lewis say the men should meet for their canoe trip?
4. What is Ed most proud of about his business?
5. Why does Lewis think he can find the Cahulawassee River himself?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)