|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through September 14th.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ed's first impression of the Cahulawassee river?
(a) He thinks it's pretty.
(b) He considers it small and insignificant-appearing.
(c) He wonders if their canoes are the right kind for the current.
(d) It makes him uneasy for reasons he can't identify.
2. In the story Lewis tells Ed while they are driving to Oree, what happened when his friend was lost?
(a) The friend eats nuts and berries until a search party arrives.
(b) His friend makes his way to civilization with a broken arm.
(c) Lewis finds his friend by following his trail.
(d) A rural Southerner goes out and finds him in the night.
3. What wakes Ed the morning he is to depart on the canoe trip?
(a) The alarm clock he set the night before.
(b) The sound of the wind.
(c) His eagerness to get going.
(d) Martha, his wife.
4. What does the Griner brother ask Lewis after being asked to drive the cars to Aintry?
(a) Who sent them to see him.
(b) Why their cars need to be driven to Aintry.
(c) What's the most he is willing to pay each of them.
(d) Why they are bothering him.
5. What kind of musical instrument does the albino boy, Lonnie, play?
(a) A banjo.
(c) A guitar.
(d) A fiddle.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the first man that the four men encounter in Oree described?
2. On the first day of the canoe trip, for what does Lewis tell Ed he wants to be ready?
3. To what businesses does the graphics studio mostly cater ?
4. What camping equipment do Ed and Dean play with in the living room the morning Ed leaves on the canoe trip?
5. What memory does the sight of a red-and-white drive-in reawaken in Ed as he and Lewis drive past it?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)