|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through September 14th.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Drew Ballinger wish to bring on the canoe trip?
(a) A Martin guitar.
(b) Survival gear.
(c) Plenty of liquor.
(d) A waterproof camera.
2. What does Lewis think of Ed's bow when he comes to pick him up?
(a) He doesn't like it because it's a recurved bow.
(b) It's losing glass.
(c) He thinks it will do in a pinch.
(d) The pull is too light; it might not kill a deer.
3. Alone in his office after the luncheon during which the canoe trip was proposed, what depresses Ed?
(a) He wishes he'd not fired a talented artist.
(b) He fears his marriage is coming apart.
(c) He feels that what he does is inconsequential.
(d) He is afraid something bad will happen on the trip.
4. While in Oree, what animal(s) does Ed wonder about getting a chance to hunt?
(a) Bears and wild hogs.
(d) A ten-point buck.
5. What does Ed do when the owl hunts from the pole of his tent?
(a) He pushes the claws off the tent pole.
(b) He shakes the tent until it stays away.
(c) He rolls up in his sleeping bag; it's the only way he can sleep.
(d) He imagines himself hunting with it.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story Lewis tells Ed while they are driving to Oree, what happened when his friend was lost?
2. What does Ed like to do for his friends?
3. How is the first man that the four men encounter in Oree described?
4. On the way to Oree, where does the group have breakfast?
5. What wakes Ed the morning he is to depart on the canoe trip?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)