|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through After.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lewis react to having killed a man?
(a) He loses his breakfast.
(b) He shuts himself away from the others.
(c) He examines the man and kicks his dead body.
(d) It doesn't seem to bother him.
2. In the September 15 section, the first morning, why does Ed hunt in the draw?
(a) The fog in the draw will conceal him from the deer.
(b) The surrounding hills are too steep to climb.
(c) Deer usually are found in low-lying areas.
(d) He can always find his way back to the camp.
3. How does Ed react to Deputy Queen's questions?
(a) He walks away.
(b) He pretends to be too busy smoking to say anything.
(c) He grows quiet because their story is falling apart.
(d) He gets angry and says he won't put up with this shit.
4. In the September 15 section, what does Ed instruct Bobby to do the next morning?
(a) Keep Lewis warm and wait for Ed to return.
(b) Distract the shooter, so Ed can kill him.
(c) Do whatever's necessary to protect Lewis from the shooter.
(d) Leave with Lewis in the canoe at first light.
5. Once at the top of the cliff, how does Ed determine the shooter's next course of action?
(a) He guesses at the shooter's past experiences with a gun.
(b) He determines what he'd do if he was the shooter.
(c) He expects the shooter to repeat his earlier actions.
(d) He examines the ground for the shooter's tracks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the friendship between Ed and Lewis over time?
2. While driving to Oree, what does Ed tell Lewis about himself?
3. What are the approximate ages of the four men who are discussing the canoe trip?
4. What solves the problem of a rope that's too short for Ed to lower himself and the body of the man he shot down the cliff?
5. What supplies does Ed take with him when he scales the cliff in search of the man who shot at Drew?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)