|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through After.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What spot does Ed tell the police was the place where Drew's body should be located?
(a) Somewhere in the gorge.
(b) He suggests it might be near the bridge.
(c) By a tree with a lightning jag in it.
(d) Too far upriver to reach by car.
2. What tempts Ed to pull out of the canoe trip at the last minute?
(a) He has an unexpected premonition of danger.
(b) He has no experience with white-water canoeing.
(c) The thought of snakes, insects, and twigs.
(d) He wants to go golfing.
3. How do the men get through the final set of rapids?
(a) They keep their center of gravity low and hope for the best.
(b) They use a broken paddle to deflect rocks.
(c) Bobby is useless; Ed steers the canoe himself.
(d) They tow the canoe over a series of falls.
4. What do the police do to make sure Bobby and Ed can't collaborate on a story?
(a) They keep the two men separated.
(b) They don't let them speak at all.
(c) They don't let them be alone together.
(d) They take them to the location at different times.
5. What part of the river must the survivors get through before reaching civilization?
(a) A stretch that's home to a nest of water snakes.
(b) A gauntlet of angry, gun-toting locals.
(c) A shallow, rocky stretch that must be portaged.
(d) Some very serious rapids.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ed do with the body of the dead shooter?
2. In the After section, why does Sheriff Bullard end the dredging that day?
3. What does Ed do differently at work than before he took the canoe trip?
4. What happens to the friendship between Ed and Lewis over time?
5. Is Ed positive the shooter is still at the top of the cliff after shooting Drew?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)