|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through September 15th.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of men work at the graphics studio?
(a) Men who take orders well.
(b) Men who'd tried it in New York and returned to the South.
(c) Men who are difficult with whom it is difficult to get along.
(d) Men who failed elsewhere due to lack of talent.
2. in the Before section, why doesn't Ed worry about being late for work?
(a) The shop doesn't have set hours.
(b) He and his partner run a no-sweat shop.
(c) He owns the business so he can come and go as he pleases.
(d) He's not working that day.
3. Why does Lewis think he can find the Cahulawassee River himself?
(a) He has pored over maps until he has the way memorized.
(b) He got directions at the filling station.
(c) He trusts his instinctive sense of direction.
(d) He can see the trees beside the river in the distance.
4. Why doesn't the shooter kill Ed while he's in the river retrieving the overturned aluminum canoe?
(a) The canoe hides Ed from anyone watching from above.
(b) He can't see Ed, who is swimming underwater.
(c) The whitewater is too swift.
(d) He believes the entire group died in the rapids.
5. What does Ed tell Bobby they must do about the man trying to kill them?
(a) Kill the man who's trying to kill them.
(b) Stay with Lewis and wait for help to arrive.
(c) Take the canoe through the gorge under cover of darkness.
(d) Take their chances with the shooter on the river the next day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ed notice about Lewis when they stop for a swim?
2. While in Oree, what animal(s) does Ed wonder about getting a chance to hunt?
3. in the Before section, Ed Gentry is depressed after lunch because...
4. To what businesses does the graphics studio mostly cater ?
5. In the September 15 section, in the river after their swim, why do Bobby and Ed get ahead of the others?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)