|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through September 16th.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Ed and Bobby do with their friend Drew's body when they find it?
(a) Lewis is so sick, they must leave immediately.
(b) They put it in the canoe to bring home to his wife.
(c) They give their friend a decent burial.
(d) They bury it in the river, using rocks to make it sink.
2. Why doesn't the shooter kill Ed while he's in the river retrieving the overturned aluminum canoe?
(a) The whitewater is too swift.
(b) He can't see Ed, who is swimming underwater.
(c) He believes the entire group died in the rapids.
(d) The canoe hides Ed from anyone watching from above.
3. What do the men find in the river on the first day of the canoe trip?
(b) A boat that must have drifted away from its moorings.
(c) Logs from a logging operation.
(d) Chicken feathers.
4. When Ed and Lewis arrive at the Griner brother's garage, what happens to one of the brothers?
(a) He barely misses being hit by a bullet when he drops his rifle.
(b) He is cut and bleeding.
(c) He stumbles over an anvil on his way to greet the men.
(d) He misjudges an anvil swing and breaks a truck wheel.
5. While hunting the first morning of the canoe trip, why does Ed miss the buck at which he shoots?
(a) A branch knocks the bow to one side.
(b) He does everythng right, but the buck moves.
(c) He gets buck fever.
(d) He lifts his bow hand, as he releases his arrow.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ed end up in the river on the second day of the trip?
2. What does Lewis tell Ed after Ed pulls him from the river after his canoe overturns?
3. What does Ed's wife ask him before his departure on the canoe trip?
4. For what kind of help does Ed ask?
5. What is Ed's first impression of the Cahulawassee river?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)