|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through September 16th.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't the shooter kill Ed while he's in the river retrieving the overturned aluminum canoe?
(a) He can't see Ed, who is swimming underwater.
(b) The whitewater is too swift.
(c) The canoe hides Ed from anyone watching from above.
(d) He believes the entire group died in the rapids.
2. While driving to Oree, what does Lewis tell Ed?
(a) That he doubts he'll truly enjoy the trip.
(b) That nothing important ever happens in the hill country.
(c) That Ed usually only does what he has to do.
(d) That Ed's the only one on the trip besides him with any brains.
3. Before Lewis arrives to pick Ed up for the canoe trip, where is Ed's son Dean?
(a) In the kitchen getting a glass of milk.
(b) Hiding behind the equipment in the living room.
(c) In the kitchen with his mother.
(d) Outside, watching for Lewis to arrive.
4. In the September 16 section, after disposing of the shooter's body, what do the men find as they continue on down the river?
(a) Drew's body.
(b) Some of their equipment.
(c) The second canoe.
(d) The rifle the shooter used stuck on a rock.
5. In the September 16th section, how does Ed discover the location of the shooter who has disappeared?
(a) He hears the shooter crashing through the forest.
(b) He remains hiding until the shooter reappears.
(c) He looks over the cliff and sees the shooter's body.
(d) He follows the shooter's blood trail.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the September 16 section, what does Ed ask of his wife when he calls her?
2. What solves the problem of a rope that's too short for Ed to lower himself and the body of the man he shot down the cliff?
3. What does Lewis say when Ed returns to camp and tells him he missed a buck?
4. How does the Highway Patrolman react to the made-up story?
5. What does Ed do with the body of the dead shooter?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)