|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through September 16th.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the September 15 section, in the river after their swim, why do Bobby and Ed get ahead of the others?
(a) Lewis and Drew are hanging back in case Ed needs help.
(b) Bobby hates the trip and won't stop to enjoy the scenery.
(c) Lewis and Drew were slower getting started.
(d) Lewis and Drew's canoe is heavy, and they must go carefully.
2. For what kind of help does Ed ask?
(a) An ambulance and the Highway Patrol.
(b) Someone who knows first aid to help Lewis.
(c) A stretcher for Lewis.
(d) A phone, so he can call for help.
3. What tempts Ed to pull out of the canoe trip at the last minute?
(a) The thought of snakes, insects, and twigs.
(b) He has no experience with white-water canoeing.
(c) He has an unexpected premonition of danger.
(d) He wants to go golfing.
4. What do Bobby and Ed do with the shooter's body?
(a) They bury it beside a small stream among deep brush.
(b) They leave it on the beach for rising water to take.
(c) They sink it in the river, weighted down with rocks.
(d) They scoop sand from the beach and cover it.
5. How does Ed get up the cliff?
(a) The climb is surprisingly easy.
(b) He uses the rope to relay from one rock to another.
(c) He crawls along switchbacks.
(d) He uses his hands and feet to climb the surface of the cliff.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Lewis kill the man as soon as he and Drew arrive where Bobby and Ed are being held at gunpoint?
2. What does Lewis think of people living in the rural South?
3. What do Ed and Bobby do with their friend Drew's body when they find it?
4. In the September 16th section, how does Ed discover the location of the shooter who has disappeared?
5. What conclusion do the men come to after examining Drew's body?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)