• Ed Ballinger pores over a map of the Cahulawassee River.
• At lunch, Lewis Medlock persuades Ed Gentry, Bobby Trippe, and Drew Ballinger to accompany him on a whitewater rafting trip down the Cahulawassee River.
• The river will soon be dammed up, and such trips will no longer be possible.
• The river is fast and dangerous.
• This will be one big adventure together.
• This last-chance trip appeals to them.
• The men are in their mid-thirties and work in unfulfilling jobs.
• Ed is more than happy to join the trip.
• Bobby and Drew agree after making sure they can bring Bobby's liquor and Drew's guitar.
• After lunch, Ed returns to the graphics business he half owns.
• Alone in his office, Ed feels depressed.
• He gets past his depression by finishing the plans for a photographic shoot of a topless model to advertise panties.
• He joins the staff for the...
This section contains 1,456 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)