|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lena's mate explain his rude comments about her appearance?
2. What do Alex and Lena do at Alex's house in the Wilds?
3. How is Lena hurt at the party she is at in Chapter 14?
4. How does Lena reveal she feels about her mother's suicide?
5. How many times will Alex need to cross the fence to prepare for his and Lena's departure?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the story Alex gives the guard of Ward Six in order to allow him and Lena to enter?
2. What new realization does Lena have while traveling through the woods and on the paved road with Alex, toward his house in the Wilds?
3. How does Lena tell Hana about running away to the Wilds, and how does Hana react?
4. What changes in Alex and Lena's relationship at the end of Chapter 14?
5. What symptoms of deliria does Lena say she's experiencing in Chapter 15, and how does she feel about it?
6. How have her experiences with Alex so far changed Lena?
7. What do Lena's actions with Hana in Chapter 15 say about her and their friendship?
8. How can the raid next door to Lena's house in Chapter 13 be described?
9. What has Alex done for Lena at 37 Brooks Street in Chapter 20?
10. What is the most obvious sign of character growth in Lena in Chapter 17? What fear does she face?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Genre is a way to sort or categorize a book, and some books fall under more than one genre. Determine the genre(s) of "Delirium" and support your choice completely with evidence from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Symbolism is strong throughout "Delirium". Explain the following symbols: what do they stand for? Why is the object selected for the symbol appropriate or not appropriate?
• The herd of cows that interrupt Lena's evaluations.
• Lena's mother's silver necklace
• The Governor statue
Essay Topic 3
The theme of conformity is strong throughout "Delirium". Describe where and how it appears. What point may the author be trying to make with this theme?
This section contains 1,042 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)