|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Alex and Lena do at Alex's house in the Wilds?
2. When Alex reminds Lena of the irreversibility of her decision in Chapter 23, what happens?
3. What does Alex tell Lena she reminded him of when he first saw her running around town?
4. What excuse does Lena have for chasing after Alex once he's left the store in Chapter 15?
5. Lena and Alex make plans to run away together when?
Short Essay Questions
1. How can Lena's meeting with Brian Scharff be described?
2. What new realization does Lena have while traveling through the woods and on the paved road with Alex, toward his house in the Wilds?
3. How does Alex react to seeing Lena and Brian together, and what does this say about Lena and Alex's relationship?
4. What happens to Lena when the party in Chapter 14 gets raided?
5. How have her experiences with Alex so far changed Lena?
6. What do Lena's actions with Hana in Chapter 15 say about her and their friendship?
7. What has Alex done for Lena at 37 Brooks Street in Chapter 20?
8. What do Alex and Lena do the first time he brings her to his house in Wilds?
9. How can the raid next door to Lena's house in Chapter 13 be described?
10. How does Lena react to learning her mother is still alive?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain what a character foil is and provide the primary example of character foils within "Delirium". What happens to this set of character foils from the beginning of the book to the end, and why might the author have elected to do this?
Essay Topic 2
Determine which narrative mode "Delirium" is written in. From whose point of view is the story told, and what are the benefits and drawbacks of this narrative mode?
Essay Topic 3
The theme of conformity is strong throughout "Delirium". Describe where and how it appears. What point may the author be trying to make with this theme?
This section contains 1,131 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)