|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lena sneak out in Chapter 13?
2. Who is coming over to meet with Lena in Chapter 19?
3. What does Grace do when she wakes up and catches Lena sneaking out in Chapter 13?
4. What does Lena overhear her match say about her appearance soon after they meet?
5. Which of the following is NOT a sign of delirium Lena experiences while working in Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Lena when the party in Chapter 14 gets raided?
2. How have her experiences with Alex so far changed Lena?
3. How have Lena and Hana changed places by the end of Chapter 24?
4. How does Lena tell Hana about running away to the Wilds, and how does Hana react?
5. How can the raid next door to Lena's house in Chapter 13 be described?
6. How does Alex react to seeing Lena and Brian together, and what does this say about Lena and Alex's relationship?
7. What do Alex and Lena do the first time he brings her to his house in Wilds?
8. What changes in Alex and Lena's relationship at the end of Chapter 14?
9. What symptoms of deliria does Lena say she's experiencing in Chapter 15, and how does she feel about it?
10. How does Lena react to learning her mother is still alive?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Love is a consistent presence throughout "Delirium"; what is the role of love in this novel? Explain how Love is portrayed in the book as each of the following:
• A theme
• A disease
• An escape
• A symbol
Essay Topic 2
Explain the role of social status in Lena's society. How important is social status, and how does one change their social status (either up or down)? What does this tell readers about Lena's society?
Essay Topic 3
Minor character are those who are not the primarily focus of the story, but help drive the plot that is following the main character. Select three of the minor characters below to explain their significance to the plot. In other words, why does the author include these characters at all?
• Brian Schraff
• Aunt Carol
• Uncle William
This section contains 991 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)