|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of Alex's family members is buried in the Crypts?
2. What is Hana's response when Lena invites her to the Wilds?
3. What noise announces what is happening next door to Lena's house in Chapter 13?
4. Lena and Alex make plans to run away together when?
5. What does Lena tell Hana to help Hana understand Lena's decision to leave?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Lena's actions with Hana in Chapter 15 say about her and their friendship?
2. What new realization does Lena have while traveling through the woods and on the paved road with Alex, toward his house in the Wilds?
3. What is the story Alex gives the guard of Ward Six in order to allow him and Lena to enter?
4. How does Alex react to seeing Lena and Brian together, and what does this say about Lena and Alex's relationship?
5. What is the most obvious sign of character growth in Lena in Chapter 17? What fear does she face?
6. How can the Crypts be described, and what does it tell readers about the society Lena and Alex exist in?
7. What happens to Lena when the party in Chapter 14 gets raided?
8. Describe Alex and Lena's plan to successfully sneak out of town and into the Wilds.
9. What has Alex done for Lena at 37 Brooks Street in Chapter 20?
10. How does Lena react to learning her mother is still alive?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the primary message of "Delirium"? What does the author want readers to walk away from the book understanding better or believing?
Essay Topic 2
Honesty versus dishonesty is a strong theme throughout "Delirium". Discuss how this theme percolates throughout the novel. In which situations is honest seen in? Where is dishonest prevalent?
Essay Topic 3
Genre is a way to sort or categorize a book, and some books fall under more than one genre. Determine the genre(s) of "Delirium" and support your choice completely with evidence from the book.
This section contains 1,143 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)