|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Lena find a note from Alex in Chapter 11?
2. What college is Lena going to?
3. What did Lean's father die from?
4. Who did Rachel fall in love with before her procedure?
5. Lena's mother's last words were, "I love you. Remember, ___________"
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lena reveal at the end of Chapter 8 that she hopes for the procedure will do for her?
2. What memories does Lena have of her mother, as detailed in Chapter 9?
3. What role does love play in the society Lena lives in?
4. What happens at the illegal party Lena attends in Chapter 9?
5. How is Alex introduced to readers? What are some impressions of him?
6. What is Lena's evaluation in Chapter 4 interrupted by?
7. What will happen after Lena's evaluation?
8. As Lena's class graduates, what has happened to Willow Marks and her family? What does this suggest to readers?
9. What does Lena's behavior in Chapter 6 suggest?
10. How does Lena understand the story of Mary Magdalene, and what does this tell readers about the government and religion?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Address the title of the book, "Delirium". Where does it come from? Why might the author have selected this title? Do you feel it is the most appropriate title for this story?
Essay Topic 2
What is the primary message of "Delirium"? What does the author want readers to walk away from the book understanding better or believing?
Essay Topic 3
Love is a consistent presence throughout "Delirium"; what is the role of love in this novel? Explain how Love is portrayed in the book as each of the following:
• A theme
• A disease
• An escape
• A symbol
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)