|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Lena find a note from Alex in Chapter 11?
2. What does Alex reveal to Lena about the scars on his neck?
3. Which birthday is approaching for Lena at the beginning of the book?
4. Where does Lena meet Alex the day after the party?
5. Who is Lena's best friend?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why might Lena have checked for a note at the Governor?
2. What is suggested by Aunt Carl and Uncle William's dreams?
3. What does Lena reveal at the end of Chapter 8 that she hopes for the procedure will do for her?
4. How is Alex introduced to readers? What are some impressions of him?
5. How is "Delirium" narrated, and what benefit or negatives does this provide readers?
6. What does Chapter 3 reveal as Lena's hobbies, and what do those hobbies say about Lena?
7. What is Lena's evaluation in Chapter 4 interrupted by?
8. What major revelation does Alex share about himself with Lena in Chapter 10, and how does Lena react?
9. What do readers learn about Grace in Chapter 2?
10. How has Hana managed to find the illegal music she listens to?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dreams serve a very specific purpose in "Delirium". Explain how the following individuals' dreams reveal more about the characters and the society they live in:
• Lean's dreams
• Aunt Carol's dreams
• Uncle William's Dreams
Essay Topic 2
Minor character are those who are not the primarily focus of the story, but help drive the plot that is following the main character. Select three of the minor characters below to explain their significance to the plot. In other words, why does the author include these characters at all?
• Brian Schraff
• Aunt Carol
• Uncle William
Essay Topic 3
Explain what a character foil is and provide the primary example of character foils within "Delirium". What happens to this set of character foils from the beginning of the book to the end, and why might the author have elected to do this?
This section contains 921 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)