|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Alex say he's seen Lena and Hana before?
2. Where did Alex once leave Lena a note that she never received?
3. What does Alex reveal to Lena about the scars on his neck?
4. Why has Lena hardly had any contact with boys her age?
5. How early is Willow Marks getting her procedure done?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is "Delirium" narrated, and what benefit or negatives does this provide readers?
2. How does Lena feel about her upcoming procedure at the beginning of the book?
3. What 'wrong' answers does Lena provide during her evaluation?
4. How did Lena become a runner?
5. What does Chapter 3 reveal as Lena's hobbies, and what do those hobbies say about Lena?
6. Describe Lena's second evaluation, and what is the outcome?
7. How is Alex introduced to readers? What are some impressions of him?
8. What happens at the illegal party Lena attends in Chapter 9?
9. What is revealed about Lena's mother in Chapter 4?
10. What do readers learn about Grace in Chapter 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Love is a consistent presence throughout "Delirium"; what is the role of love in this novel? Explain how Love is portrayed in the book as each of the following:
• A theme
• A disease
• An escape
• A symbol
Essay Topic 2
Explain the role of social status in Lena's society. How important is social status, and how does one change their social status (either up or down)? What does this tell readers about Lena's society?
Essay Topic 3
What is the primary message of "Delirium"? What does the author want readers to walk away from the book understanding better or believing?
This section contains 943 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)