|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lena feel as she and Alex are nearing the fence and The Wilds for the first time?
2. Why does Lena sneak out in Chapter 13?
(a) To be alone.
(b) To meet Alex.
(c) To attend an illegal party.
(d) To warn Hana of the raids.
3. Lena and Alex make plans to run away together when?
(a) In one week.
(b) In two days.
(c) In two weeks.
(d) The next day.
4. Which three characters form a close bond at the end of Chapter 15?
(a) Lena, Jed, and Alex.
(b) Lena, Alex, and Grace.
(c) Lena, Alex, and Hana.
(d) Alex, Jed, and Hana.
5. What word was written all over the walls of the female prisoner who escaped from Ward Six?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times will Alex need to cross the fence to prepare for his and Lena's departure?
2. What is Hana's response when Lena invites her to the Wilds?
3. Where does Lena tell Alex to meet her after he makes a purchase at her store in Chapter 15?
4. Lena's initial reaction to learning her mother is alive is to feel _________.
5. Who did Alex expect to be the security guard for Ward Six?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has Alex done for Lena at 37 Brooks Street in Chapter 20?
2. What do Alex and Lena do the first time he brings her to his house in Wilds?
3. How does Alex react to seeing Lena and Brian together, and what does this say about Lena and Alex's relationship?
4. What are some examples of figurative language used by Lena to describe things in Chapter 13?
5. What is the most obvious sign of character growth in Lena in Chapter 17? What fear does she face?
6. What new realization does Lena have while traveling through the woods and on the paved road with Alex, toward his house in the Wilds?
7. Where do Alex and Lena create a sort of 'new home' - at least temporarily - for themselves in Chapter 16?
8. What do Lena's actions with Hana in Chapter 15 say about her and their friendship?
9. How can the raid next door to Lena's house in Chapter 13 be described?
10. What significant outcomes comes from Lena talking about her mother to Alex at the end of Chapter 20?
This section contains 1,070 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)