|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Lena hurt at the party she is at in Chapter 14?
(a) A regulator's dog bit her calf.
(b) She is pushed into a wall and hurts her arm.
(c) She steps on a piece of broken glass.
(d) She is mistaken as someone else and punched.
2. What word was written all over the walls of the female prisoner who escaped from Ward Six?
3. How old was Alex when he came to Portland?
(a) Ten years old.
(b) Five Years Old.
(c) Twelve Years Old.
(d) Fifteen Years Old.
4. Where does Alex say he considers his true home?
(a) 37 Brooks Street.
(c) With Lena.
(d) The Wilds.
5. What month is it at the beginning of Chapter 17?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the punishment for going to The Wilds?
2. What does Alex tell Lena she reminded him of when he first saw her running around town?
3. What does Grace do when she wakes up and catches Lena sneaking out in Chapter 13?
4. What surprise does Alex have for Lena at 37 Brooks Street in Chapter 20?
5. Where does Lena leave a note for Alex in Chapter 20, which he never finds?
Short Essay Questions
1. How can the raid next door to Lena's house in Chapter 13 be described?
2. What new realization does Lena have while traveling through the woods and on the paved road with Alex, toward his house in the Wilds?
3. What is the symbolism behind Lena's mother's escape from Ward Six?
4. What do Lena's actions with Hana in Chapter 15 say about her and their friendship?
5. How have Lena and Hana changed places by the end of Chapter 24?
6. What happens to Lena when the party in Chapter 14 gets raided?
7. How can the Crypts be described, and what does it tell readers about the society Lena and Alex exist in?
8. What has Alex done for Lena at 37 Brooks Street in Chapter 20?
9. What significant outcomes comes from Lena talking about her mother to Alex at the end of Chapter 20?
10. What are some examples of figurative language used by Lena to describe things in Chapter 13?
This section contains 1,034 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)