|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Alex and Lena walk back into central Portland after visiting the Crypt?
(a) Side-by-side, but wordless.
(b) They ride bikes instead of walk.
(c) Holding hands.
(d) On opposite sides of the street.
2. What is Lena's neighbor's dog's name?
3. Who knocks on the back door of Lena's uncle's store in Chapter 15?
4. Who is coming over to meet with Lena in Chapter 19?
(a) Brian Scharff.
(d) A regulator.
5. Who is actually the guard to Ward Six when Alex and Lena show up?
(a) Fran Dormier.
(b) Freddy Door.
(c) Franklin Dormier.
(d) Frank Dorset.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lena's aunt ask her to dress in Chapter 19?
2. How is Lena hurt at the party she is at in Chapter 14?
3. How does Lena reveal she feels about her mother's suicide?
4. What does Alex wear to the Crypts?
5. When Lena leaves to sneak across the fence, where does she tell her aunt she is going?
Short Essay Questions
1. What new realization does Lena have while traveling through the woods and on the paved road with Alex, toward his house in the Wilds?
2. How have Lena and Hana changed places by the end of Chapter 24?
3. What has Alex done for Lena at 37 Brooks Street in Chapter 20?
4. Describe Alex and Lena's plan to successfully sneak out of town and into the Wilds.
5. What changes in Alex and Lena's relationship at the end of Chapter 14?
6. How can Lena's meeting with Brian Scharff be described?
7. What is the symbolism behind Lena's mother's escape from Ward Six?
8. What do Lena's actions with Hana in Chapter 15 say about her and their friendship?
9. What does Lena lean about Alex in the Crypts, which is something they now have in common?
10. What is the most obvious sign of character growth in Lena in Chapter 17? What fear does she face?
This section contains 1,079 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)