|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of Alex's family members is buried in the Crypts?
(a) His father.
(b) His sister.
(c) His twin.
(d) His mother.
2. What noise announces what is happening next door to Lena's house in Chapter 13?
(b) A loud BANG.
(c) A bullhorn.
3. What bridge to Lena and Alex intend to cross to get into the Wilds?
(a) The Governor's Bridge.
(b) London Bridge.
(c) Tukey's Bridge.
(d) Golden Gate Bridge.
4. When Lena finally meet her match, how is he described?
(a) Tall and broadly built, with sparkling teeth and green eyes.
(b) Thin and short with asthma and allergies.
(c) Thin and short with large glasses and red hair.
(d) Tall and thin with blue eyes and blonde hair.
5. Who knocks on the back door of Lena's uncle's store in Chapter 15?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did the blitz last that destroyed most of the houses and buildings in The Wilds?
2. When Lena leaves to sneak across the fence, where does she tell her aunt she is going?
3. What does Carol have Lena do while she's waiting for her visitor in Chapter 19?
4. What kind of fence surrounds the city?
5. What does the new guard of Ward Six confirm to Alex about the former Ward Six guard?
Short Essay Questions
1. How can the Crypts be described, and what does it tell readers about the society Lena and Alex exist in?
2. Where do Alex and Lena create a sort of 'new home' - at least temporarily - for themselves in Chapter 16?
3. How have her experiences with Alex so far changed Lena?
4. How does Lena react to learning her mother is still alive?
5. Describe Alex and Lena's plan to successfully sneak out of town and into the Wilds.
6. What new realization does Lena have while traveling through the woods and on the paved road with Alex, toward his house in the Wilds?
7. What do Lena's actions with Hana in Chapter 15 say about her and their friendship?
8. What has Alex done for Lena at 37 Brooks Street in Chapter 20?
9. What symptoms of deliria does Lena say she's experiencing in Chapter 15, and how does she feel about it?
10. How can the raid next door to Lena's house in Chapter 13 be described?
This section contains 1,054 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)