|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Carol notice that Lena is hurt?
(a) She sees Lena's leg.
(b) Lena is limping.
(c) She sees Lena flinch when she walks.
(d) She sees Lena crying.
2. How does Lena react when Alex says he loves her?
(a) She doesn't believe him.
(b) She cries.
(c) She kisses him.
(d) She says she loves him to.
3. How many times will Alex need to cross the fence to prepare for his and Lena's departure?
(c) Three times.
(d) Not at all.
4. What does Lena overhear her match say about her appearance soon after they meet?
(a) She is far prettier than her picture.
(b) Her hair is too long.
(c) She is not as pretty as her picture.
(d) Her hair is too short.
5. What do Lena and Alex do the first time they are at 37 Brooks Street together?
(c) Plan to run away.
(d) Dance without music.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is actually the guard to Ward Six when Alex and Lena show up?
2. What is Hana's response when Lena invites her to the Wilds?
3. What does Lena mention that causes Alex to act strangely at the end of Chapter 20?
4. Who did Alex expect to be the security guard for Ward Six?
5. What word was written all over the walls of the female prisoner who escaped from Ward Six?
Short Essay Questions
1. How can the Crypts be described, and what does it tell readers about the society Lena and Alex exist in?
2. Describe Alex and Lena's plan to successfully sneak out of town and into the Wilds.
3. What is the symbolism behind Lena's mother's escape from Ward Six?
4. What do Lena's actions with Hana in Chapter 15 say about her and their friendship?
5. How have her experiences with Alex so far changed Lena?
6. What happens to Lena when the party in Chapter 14 gets raided?
7. How have Lena and Hana changed places by the end of Chapter 24?
8. What new realization does Lena have while traveling through the woods and on the paved road with Alex, toward his house in the Wilds?
9. How does Lena react to learning her mother is still alive?
10. How can the raid next door to Lena's house in Chapter 13 be described?
This section contains 1,070 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)