|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has come to dinner at Lena's house in Chapter 13?
(a) Brian Scharff and his mother.
(b) Rachel and her husband.
(c) No one.
(d) Hana and her mother.
2. Which one of Alex's family members is buried in the Crypts?
(a) His twin.
(b) His father.
(c) His sister.
(d) His mother.
3. Who is coming over to meet with Lena in Chapter 19?
(b) Brian Scharff.
(c) A regulator.
4. When Lena begins to collapse on their way back into town after visiting the Crypts, where does Alex direct her to go so he can comfort her?
(a) His house.
(b) The Alley.
(c) In a parked car.
5. How does Lena reveal she feels about her mother's suicide?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is actually the guard to Ward Six when Alex and Lena show up?
2. What do Lena and Alex do the first time they are at 37 Brooks Street together?
3. Who knocks on the back door of Lena's uncle's store in Chapter 15?
4. What is 37 Brooks Street?
5. What does Lena tell Hana to help Hana understand Lena's decision to leave?
Short Essay Questions
1. What symptoms of deliria does Lena say she's experiencing in Chapter 15, and how does she feel about it?
2. What has Alex done for Lena at 37 Brooks Street in Chapter 20?
3. What is the symbolism behind Lena's mother's escape from Ward Six?
4. Describe Alex and Lena's plan to successfully sneak out of town and into the Wilds.
5. What do Alex and Lena do the first time he brings her to his house in Wilds?
6. In Chapter 23, what does Lena propose she and Alex do, and how does Alex respond?
7. How does Lena react to learning her mother is still alive?
8. How can the Crypts be described, and what does it tell readers about the society Lena and Alex exist in?
9. How have her experiences with Alex so far changed Lena?
10. How does Alex react to seeing Lena and Brian together, and what does this say about Lena and Alex's relationship?
This section contains 1,001 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)