|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lena get to the illegal party in Chapter 9?
(b) Rides her bike.
(c) Rides with Hana.
2. "Delirium" is set 46 years after what has been declared a disease?
3. How does Lena do on her second evaluation?
(a) She gives the same answers as in her first evaluation.
(b) She gives all the 'correct' answers.
(c) She refuses to pick a favorite book.
(d) She refuses to pick a favorite color.
4. Where did Alex once leave Lena a note that she never received?
(a) In her lunchbox.
(b) On her front door.
(c) In the Governor's hand.
(d) In her mailbox.
5. What happened to the boy Rachel loved before her procedure?
(a) He ran away to the Wilds.
(b) He was taken to jail.
(c) He disappeared and no one ever heard from him again.
(d) He underwent the cure and was assigned a wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lena see on Alex's neck in Chapter 5?
2. How does Hana's illegal music make Lena feel?
3. How many times did Lena's mother have the procedure done?
4. What was Lena's father's military pin?
5. What does the government in Lena's society deny the existence of?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lena understand the story of Mary Magdalene, and what does this tell readers about the government and religion?
2. What does Lena's behavior in Chapter 6 suggest?
3. At the beginning of "Delirium", what does Lena believe happened to her mother?
4. What does the government's explanation of the cows that interrupted Lena's evaluation reveal to readers about the government?
5. How could Lena's initial evaluation scene be described, before any interruptions?
6. How has Hana managed to find the illegal music she listens to?
7. What does Lena reveal at the end of Chapter 8 that she hopes for the procedure will do for her?
8. As Lena's class graduates, what has happened to Willow Marks and her family? What does this suggest to readers?
9. What family secret involving her sister Rachel does Lena share at the beginning of Chapter 11?
10. How does Lena feel about her upcoming procedure at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 913 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)