|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hana's illegal music make Lena feel?
2. During their argument in Chapter 8, what does Hana accuse Lena of being?
(b) Self centered.
(d) A goody-two-shoes.
3. What location does Alex make a veiled reference to meet in at 8:30 while talking Hana and Lena in Chapter 5?
(a) Gray Street.
(b) Black Bay.
(c) Back Cove.
(d) The government building.
4. What was Lena's father's military pin?
(a) A gold eagle.
(b) A silver star.
(c) A copper dagger.
(d) A silver dagger.
5. What happened to the boy Rachel loved before her procedure?
(a) He ran away to the Wilds.
(b) He disappeared and no one ever heard from him again.
(c) He was taken to jail.
(d) He underwent the cure and was assigned a wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Lena's mother wear Lena's father's military pin?
2. Which of the following is NOT a memory Lena has of her mother?
3. How many possible spouses is Lena given after her evaluation in Chapter 11?
4. What does Willow Marks get in trouble for?
5. What type of community is Hana's house located in?
Short Essay Questions
1. How could Lena's initial evaluation scene be described, before any interruptions?
2. What is Lena's evaluation in Chapter 4 interrupted by?
3. How did Lena become a runner?
4. How do Lena and Hana differ, as seen by their behavior before the evaluation?
5. What is revealed about Lena's mother in Chapter 4?
6. What do Lena and Hana realize about their friendship at the end of Chapter 12, and how does Hana's match solidify this?
7. What do readers learn about Grace in Chapter 2?
8. How is "Delirium" narrated, and what benefit or negatives does this provide readers?
9. What does the government's explanation of the cows that interrupted Lena's evaluation reveal to readers about the government?
10. What does Chapter 3 reveal as Lena's hobbies, and what do those hobbies say about Lena?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)