|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lena believe Grace chooses not to speak?
(a) Grace is afraid of saying the wrong thing.
(b) Grace is grieving her mother.
(c) Grace witnessed something horrible when she was younger.
(d) Grace thinks not talking will get her out of the procedure.
2. What finally causes Lena to storm out of Hana's room during their argument in Chapter 8?
(a) Lena is embarrassed by what she said to Hana.
(b) Hana says she hates the government.
(c) Hana mentions Lena's mother.
(d) Hana says she doesn't want to be friends anymore.
3. What type of community is Hana's house located in?
(a) An upper class gated community.
(b) A lower class community.
(c) A middle class community requiring a membership.
(d) A private middle class community.
4. What does Alex whisper in Lena's ear to reveal that he recognizes her?
(d) "I knew your mother."
5. What is Lena offered to drink at the party in the barn?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lean's father die from?
2. Lena's evaluation is interrupted by a herd of ________.
3. Who is Carol?
4. What will Lena's evaluation in Chapter 2 determine?
5. In Chapter 8, Hana insists to Lena that these final days before the 'cure' are their last chances to __________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at the illegal party Lena attends in Chapter 9?
2. What does Lena reveal at the end of Chapter 8 that she hopes for the procedure will do for her?
3. How does Lena feel about her upcoming procedure at the beginning of the book?
4. Why might Lena have checked for a note at the Governor?
5. What is the deeper level argument between Hana and Lena in Chapter 8?
6. At the beginning of "Delirium", what does Lena believe happened to her mother?
7. What might Lena's reoccurring dream mean?
8. As Lena's class graduates, what has happened to Willow Marks and her family? What does this suggest to readers?
9. What does Chapter 3 reveal as Lena's hobbies, and what do those hobbies say about Lena?
10. What is suggested by Aunt Carl and Uncle William's dreams?
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)