|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of community is Hana's house located in?
(a) A middle class community requiring a membership.
(b) A private middle class community.
(c) A lower class community.
(d) An upper class gated community.
2. What official reason does the government give for the interruption of Lena's evaluations?
(a) Mad cow disease.
(b) A shipping mix-up.
(c) It was just a test.
(d) The government denies it even happened.
3. Who accompanies Lena to her evaluation?
(c) Aunt Carol.
(d) No one.
4. What rebellious act does Lena do for the first time in Chapter 9?
(a) Break curfew.
(c) Skip work.
(d) Kiss a boy.
5. What does Hana write atop her graduation cap?
(b) "Thank God!"
(d) "We did it!"
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the boy Rachel loved before her procedure?
2. Lena will be expected to marry right after what?
3. What does Lena see on Alex's neck in Chapter 5?
4. Where did Lena's mother wear Lena's father's military pin?
5. Why does Lena believe Grace chooses not to speak?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lena feel about her upcoming procedure at the beginning of the book?
2. How is "Delirium" narrated, and what benefit or negatives does this provide readers?
3. What family secret involving her sister Rachel does Lena share at the beginning of Chapter 11?
4. What is the surface argument between Hana and Lena in Chapter 8?
5. How has Hana managed to find the illegal music she listens to?
6. What role does love play in the society Lena lives in?
7. What is revealed about Lena's mother in Chapter 4?
8. When Lena and Alex meet at the beach in Chapter 10, what does Lena tell Alex about her mother?
9. How could Lena's initial evaluation scene be described, before any interruptions?
10. What do readers learn about Grace in Chapter 2?
This section contains 968 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)