|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What noise announces what is happening next door to Lena's house in Chapter 13?
(b) A loud BANG.
(c) A bullhorn.
2. Which of the following is NOT something Alex purchases from Lena while she's working?
(b) Root beer.
3. What does Carol have Lena do while she's waiting for her visitor in Chapter 19?
(a) Wash dishes.
(c) Fold linens and towels.
4. What does Lena tell Hana to help Hana understand Lena's decision to leave?
(a) Lena promises a better life outside of Portland.
(b) What she found out about her mother and the Crypts.
(c) That she and Alex are in love.
(d) Nothing. She just tells Hana goodbye.
5. How does Lena react when Alex says he loves her?
(a) She kisses him.
(b) She says she loves him to.
(c) She cries.
(d) She doesn't believe him.
6. What does Lena's mate tell her about his procedure, which is meant to comfort her?
(a) He has no memory of the procedure, so it can't be that bad.
(b) The procedure only hurts for a short while.
(c) He'd had feelings for a girl prior to the procedure, but the cure works. the
(d) The procedure is completely painless.
7. When Lena finally meet her match, how is he described?
(a) Tall and thin with blue eyes and blonde hair.
(b) Tall and broadly built, with sparkling teeth and green eyes.
(c) Thin and short with large glasses and red hair.
(d) Thin and short with asthma and allergies.
8. What surprise does Alex have for Lena at 37 Brooks Street in Chapter 20?
(a) He has written her a love poem.
(b) He has made her a special picnic dinner.
(c) He has created a room for them with their favorite things.
(d) He got her a promise ring.
9. When Lena leaves to sneak across the fence, where does she tell her aunt she is going?
(a) Working late at the store.
(b) Running with Hana.
(c) Camping with Hana.
(d) Spending the night at Hana's.
10. How does Alex attempt to comfort Lena when she is falling apart after learning her mother is alive?
(a) Hugging and rocking her.
(b) Massaging her arms, legs, and shoulders.
(c) Reading her poetry.
(d) Singing to her.
11. How does Lena feel as she and Alex are nearing the fence and The Wilds for the first time?
12. What happens to the neighbor's dog in Chapter 13?
(a) The regulators beat it.
(b) It runs away.
(c) It is hit by a car.
(d) It kills a cat.
13. Who does Alex get to help him and Lena get across the fence surrounding the city?
(b) No one.
(c) A guard's wife.
(d) A guard.
14. Carol believes Lena hurt her leg doing what?
(a) Kicking something.
(d) Riding her bike.
15. Lena's initial reaction to learning her mother is alive is to feel _________.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lena's mate explain his rude comments about her appearance?
2. What does Lena mention that causes Alex to act strangely at the end of Chapter 20?
3. How do Alex and Lena walk back into central Portland after visiting the Crypt?
4. What is the punishment for going to The Wilds?
5. Posing as a security guard, what does Alex tell other employees he's brought Lena to the Crypts for?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)