|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What month is it at the beginning of Chapter 17?
2. What surprise does Alex have for Lena at 37 Brooks Street in Chapter 20?
(a) He got her a promise ring.
(b) He has written her a love poem.
(c) He has made her a special picnic dinner.
(d) He has created a room for them with their favorite things.
3. Who is actually the guard to Ward Six when Alex and Lena show up?
(a) Frank Dorset.
(b) Fran Dormier.
(c) Freddy Door.
(d) Franklin Dormier.
4. How does Lena reveal she feels about her mother's suicide?
5. What do Lena and Alex do the first time they are at 37 Brooks Street together?
(a) Dance without music.
(c) Plan to run away.
6. What wards are Alex and told to say in while in the Crypts?
(a) One through Eight.
(b) One through Ten.
(c) One through Five.
(d) One through Three.
7. What do Alex and Lena do at Alex's house in the Wilds?
(a) Read love poems.
(b) Meet with Invalids.
(c) Have a picnic.
(d) Dance with music.
8. Who has come to dinner at Lena's house in Chapter 13?
(a) Hana and her mother.
(b) Brian Scharff and his mother.
(c) No one.
(d) Rachel and her husband.
9. When Lena sneaks out in Chapter 13, what color does she dress in?
(c) Dark blue.
10. What type of person is NOT kept in the Crypts?
(a) Terminally Ill.
(c) The insane.
11. Where is the bridge located that Lena and Alex need to cross in order to get into The Wilds?
(a) The northern-most tip of Back Cove.
(b) North of 37 Brooks Street.
(c) The southern-most tip of Back Cove.
(d) Northeast of 37 Brooks Street.
12. What is Lena's neighbor's dog's name?
13. What is Hana's response when Lena invites her to the Wilds?
(a) Hana is scared, but agrees to go.
(b) Hana enthusiastically agrees.
(c) Hana is unsure and says she needs to think about it.
(d) Hana is scared and says no.
14. What excuse does Lena have for chasing after Alex once he's left the store in Chapter 15?
(a) Lena didn't give him back his ID.
(b) Lena claims she gave the wrong change.
(c) Lena claims he forgot one of his purchases.
(d) Lena says he stole something.
15. How many times will Alex need to cross the fence to prepare for his and Lena's departure?
(b) Three times.
(d) Not at all.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the new guard of Ward Six confirm to Alex about the former Ward Six guard?
2. What does Lena mention that causes Alex to act strangely at the end of Chapter 20?
3. What can be said about Hana and Lena's role in the book by the end of Chapter 24?
4. What bridge to Lena and Alex intend to cross to get into the Wilds?
5. Lena's initial reaction to learning her mother is alive is to feel _________.
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)