|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Posing as a security guard, what does Alex tell other employees he's brought Lena to the Crypts for?
(a) She failed her evaluation, so he's going to scare her strait.
(b) She failed her evaluation, so he's going to imprison her.
(c) She tried to escape to the Wilds, so he's going to beat her.
(d) She is a political dissenter, so he's going to scare her strait.
2. What do Alex and Lena hide under after running away from the party in Chapter 14?
(a) A parked car.
(b) A blanket.
(c) A tarp.
(d) A raspberry bush.
3. A female prisoner escaped from Ward Six how?
(a) Through a tunnel.
(b) Killing the guard.
(c) No one knows how yet.
(d) By seducing the guard.
4. Who is actually the guard to Ward Six when Alex and Lena show up?
(a) Franklin Dormier.
(b) Frank Dorset.
(c) Fran Dormier.
(d) Freddy Door.
5. What happens to the neighbor's dog in Chapter 13?
(a) The regulators beat it.
(b) It kills a cat.
(c) It runs away.
(d) It is hit by a car.
6. What does Lena's mate tell her about his procedure, which is meant to comfort her?
(a) He has no memory of the procedure, so it can't be that bad.
(b) He'd had feelings for a girl prior to the procedure, but the cure works. the
(c) The procedure is completely painless.
(d) The procedure only hurts for a short while.
7. What word was written all over the walls of the female prisoner who escaped from Ward Six?
8. Where does Alex say he considers his true home?
(b) 37 Brooks Street.
(c) The Wilds.
(d) With Lena.
9. Which of the following is NOT something Alex purchases from Lena while she's working?
(b) Root beer.
10. Which one of Alex's family members is buried in the Crypts?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) His twin.
(d) His sister.
11. How does Lena's mate explain his rude comments about her appearance?
(a) He doesn't really mind short hair, it can always grow.
(b) He meant that she looked happier in her picture.
(c) He didn't realize she could hear him.
(d) He doesn't really mind long hair, it can always be cut.
12. Who does Alex get to help him and Lena get across the fence surrounding the city?
(b) A guard.
(c) No one.
(d) A guard's wife.
13. What is Lena's neighbor's dog's name?
14. Who has come to dinner at Lena's house in Chapter 13?
(a) Hana and her mother.
(b) No one.
(c) Brian Scharff and his mother.
(d) Rachel and her husband.
15. Which three characters form a close bond at the end of Chapter 15?
(a) Alex, Jed, and Hana.
(b) Lena, Alex, and Hana.
(c) Lena, Alex, and Grace.
(d) Lena, Jed, and Alex.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lena sneaks out in Chapter 13, what color does she dress in?
2. How does Carol notice that Lena is hurt?
3. How do Alex and Lena walk back into central Portland after visiting the Crypt?
4. When Lena begins to collapse on their way back into town after visiting the Crypts, where does Alex direct her to go so he can comfort her?
5. Who walks in when Lena is comforting Hana in Chapter 15?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)