|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lena's mate offer her as a sign of friendship?
(a) A handshake.
(b) A kiss.
(c) A ring.
(d) A necklace.
2. Where does Lena leave a note for Alex in Chapter 20, which he never finds?
(a) Back Cove.
(b) 37 Brooks Street.
(c) Her uncle's store.
(d) The Governor's hand.
3. What happens to the neighbor's dog in Chapter 13?
(a) It is hit by a car.
(b) It kills a cat.
(c) The regulators beat it.
(d) It runs away.
4. Which of the following is NOT a sign of delirium Lena experiences while working in Chapter 15?
(a) Difficulty focusing.
(c) Extreme hunger.
(d) Loss of appetite.
5. What does Lena mention that causes Alex to act strangely at the end of Chapter 20?
(a) Brian Scharff.
(b) Her mother's necklace.
(c) Running away.
(d) Her procedure date.
6. What does Lena tell Hana to help Hana understand Lena's decision to leave?
(a) Lena promises a better life outside of Portland.
(b) Nothing. She just tells Hana goodbye.
(c) That she and Alex are in love.
(d) What she found out about her mother and the Crypts.
7. How does Lena's aunt ask her to dress in Chapter 19?
(a) Wear a coat.
(b) Nice, with a bow in her hair.
(c) Cover as much skin as possible.
8. What kind of fence surrounds the city?
9. Who is coming over to meet with Lena in Chapter 19?
(b) Brian Scharff.
(d) A regulator.
10. Where does Alex say he considers his true home?
(a) With Lena.
(c) The Wilds.
(d) 37 Brooks Street.
11. Why does Lena sneak out in Chapter 13?
(a) To warn Hana of the raids.
(b) To meet Alex.
(c) To be alone.
(d) To attend an illegal party.
12. Where is the bridge located that Lena and Alex need to cross in order to get into The Wilds?
(a) Northeast of 37 Brooks Street.
(b) The northern-most tip of Back Cove.
(c) North of 37 Brooks Street.
(d) The southern-most tip of Back Cove.
13. What excuse does Lena have for chasing after Alex once he's left the store in Chapter 15?
(a) Lena claims she gave the wrong change.
(b) Lena didn't give him back his ID.
(c) Lena claims he forgot one of his purchases.
(d) Lena says he stole something.
14. What month is it at the beginning of Chapter 17?
15. Who knocks on the back door of Lena's uncle's store in Chapter 15?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lena react when Alex says he loves her?
2. What does Alex wear to the Crypts?
3. How does Carol notice that Lena is hurt?
4. What is 37 Brooks Street?
5. How does Lena reveal she feels about her mother's suicide?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)