|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word was written all over the walls of the female prisoner who escaped from Ward Six?
2. How does Alex attempt to comfort Lena when she is falling apart after learning her mother is alive?
(a) Reading her poetry.
(b) Hugging and rocking her.
(c) Singing to her.
(d) Massaging her arms, legs, and shoulders.
3. Which of the following is NOT a sign of delirium Lena experiences while working in Chapter 15?
(b) Loss of appetite.
(c) Difficulty focusing.
(d) Extreme hunger.
4. What does Alex tell Lena she reminded him of when he first saw her running around town?
(a) A deer.
(b) A cat.
(c) A fox.
(d) A bird.
5. Who walks in when Lena is comforting Hana in Chapter 15?
(c) Lena's uncle.
(d) No one.
6. What does Lena tell Hana to help Hana understand Lena's decision to leave?
(a) What she found out about her mother and the Crypts.
(b) That she and Alex are in love.
(c) Nothing. She just tells Hana goodbye.
(d) Lena promises a better life outside of Portland.
7. How does Lena feel as she and Alex are nearing the fence and The Wilds for the first time?
8. Who is held in Ward Six of the Crypts?
(b) Terminally ill people.
(c) Political prisoners and dissenters.
(d) The Insane.
9. What do Alex and Lena do at Alex's house in the Wilds?
(a) Dance with music.
(b) Read love poems.
(c) Meet with Invalids.
(d) Have a picnic.
10. When Lena begins to collapse on their way back into town after visiting the Crypts, where does Alex direct her to go so he can comfort her?
(a) In a parked car.
(c) The Alley.
(d) His house.
11. What can be said about Hana and Lena's role in the book by the end of Chapter 24?
(a) Hana will always be the more rebellious of the two girls.
(b) Hana has become the main character.
(c) They have become more alike than ever.
(d) They are still foils, but have switched places.
12. What noise announces what is happening next door to Lena's house in Chapter 13?
(a) A bullhorn.
(d) A loud BANG.
13. Who is actually the guard to Ward Six when Alex and Lena show up?
(a) Fran Dormier.
(b) Freddy Door.
(c) Frank Dorset.
(d) Franklin Dormier.
14. What month is it at the beginning of Chapter 17?
15. What do Lena and Alex do the first time they are at 37 Brooks Street together?
(b) Plan to run away.
(d) Dance without music.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lena react when Alex says he loves her?
2. What wards are Alex and told to say in while in the Crypts?
3. Which one of Alex's family members is buried in the Crypts?
4. Carol believes Lena hurt her leg doing what?
5. Which three characters form a close bond at the end of Chapter 15?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)