|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lena's initial reaction to learning her mother is alive is to feel _________.
2. What bridge to Lena and Alex intend to cross to get into the Wilds?
(a) Tukey's Bridge.
(b) London Bridge.
(c) The Governor's Bridge.
(d) Golden Gate Bridge.
3. How do Lena and Alex find their way through the woods in The Wilds?
(a) They use star constellations.
(b) An Invalid is waiting to help help them.
(c) A flashlight and blue paint on trees.
(d) Alex knows his way through the woods in the dark.
4. Who is coming over to meet with Lena in Chapter 19?
(c) Brian Scharff.
(d) A regulator.
5. Who did Alex expect to be the security guard for Ward Six?
6. What do Alex and Lena do at Alex's house in the Wilds?
(a) Meet with Invalids.
(b) Have a picnic.
(c) Dance with music.
(d) Read love poems.
7. Where does Alex say he considers his true home?
(a) With Lena.
(b) The Wilds.
(c) 37 Brooks Street.
8. Where does Lena leave a note for Alex in Chapter 20, which he never finds?
(a) 37 Brooks Street.
(b) Back Cove.
(c) Her uncle's store.
(d) The Governor's hand.
9. Where does Lena tell Alex to meet her after he makes a purchase at her store in Chapter 15?
(a) In the alley.
(b) The Governor.
(c) Back Cove.
(d) Her house.
10. What happens to the neighbor's dog in Chapter 13?
(a) It runs away.
(b) It kills a cat.
(c) The regulators beat it.
(d) It is hit by a car.
11. What insider information does Alex know about the fence surrounding the city?
(a) There are ways to get under the fence.
(b) Only sections of it are turned on.
(c) It is monitored only intermittently.
(d) It is monitored by video cameras 24/7.
12. What does Alex wear to the Crypts?
(a) Blue jeans and a security badge.
(b) All black and a security badge.
(c) A security guard uniform.
(d) Black cargo pants and a security badge.
13. What surprise does Alex have for Lena at 37 Brooks Street in Chapter 20?
(a) He got her a promise ring.
(b) He has made her a special picnic dinner.
(c) He has created a room for them with their favorite things.
(d) He has written her a love poem.
14. What is 37 Brooks Street?
(a) An abandoned house Alex and Lena hang out in.
(b) Alex's address.
(c) Where procedures take place.
(d) The government capitol building.
15. What happens next door to Lena's house in Chapter 13 after dinner?
(a) A gun goes off.
(b) A raid.
(c) A party.
(d) The neighbors get into a fight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alex tell Lena she reminded him of when he first saw her running around town?
2. Which one of Alex's family members is buried in the Crypts?
3. Who is held in Ward Six of the Crypts?
4. What do Alex and Lena hide under after running away from the party in Chapter 14?
5. Which three characters form a close bond at the end of Chapter 15?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)