|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word was written all over the walls of the female prisoner who escaped from Ward Six?
2. What kind of fence surrounds the city?
3. What does Alex tell Lena she reminded him of when he first saw her running around town?
(a) A fox.
(b) A deer.
(c) A bird.
(d) A cat.
4. What month is it at the beginning of Chapter 17?
5. What happens to the neighbor's dog in Chapter 13?
(a) The regulators beat it.
(b) It runs away.
(c) It kills a cat.
(d) It is hit by a car.
6. When Lena sneaks out in Chapter 13, what color does she dress in?
(a) Dark blue.
7. Where does Lena tell Alex to meet her after he makes a purchase at her store in Chapter 15?
(a) Her house.
(b) Back Cove.
(c) In the alley.
(d) The Governor.
8. How do Lena and Alex find their way through the woods in The Wilds?
(a) An Invalid is waiting to help help them.
(b) Alex knows his way through the woods in the dark.
(c) They use star constellations.
(d) A flashlight and blue paint on trees.
9. What is Hana's response when Lena invites her to the Wilds?
(a) Hana is scared, but agrees to go.
(b) Hana is scared and says no.
(c) Hana enthusiastically agrees.
(d) Hana is unsure and says she needs to think about it.
10. What noise announces what is happening next door to Lena's house in Chapter 13?
(b) A loud BANG.
(d) A bullhorn.
11. Who is actually the guard to Ward Six when Alex and Lena show up?
(a) Frank Dorset.
(b) Freddy Door.
(c) Franklin Dormier.
(d) Fran Dormier.
12. How long was Alex's family member in the Crypts?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Fourteen years.
(c) Four years.
(d) Twelve years.
13. What bridge to Lena and Alex intend to cross to get into the Wilds?
(a) London Bridge.
(b) Tukey's Bridge.
(c) Golden Gate Bridge.
(d) The Governor's Bridge.
14. What do Alex and Lena do at Alex's house in the Wilds?
(a) Dance with music.
(b) Meet with Invalids.
(c) Have a picnic.
(d) Read love poems.
15. How many times will Alex need to cross the fence to prepare for his and Lena's departure?
(b) Not at all.
(d) Three times.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did the blitz last that destroyed most of the houses and buildings in The Wilds?
2. How old was Alex when he came to Portland?
3. What does Lena's mate offer her as a sign of friendship?
4. What does Lena overhear her match say about her appearance soon after they meet?
5. Which three characters form a close bond at the end of Chapter 15?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)