• "Delirium" is set in Portland, Main, in the future after love has been declared a disease.
• The main character, Lena, is about to turn 18 and will have to have 'the procedure' to stop her from falling in love. She will then be assigned a mate.
• Lena's mother supposedly committed suicide.
• Lena's sister, Rachel, had the procedure done nine years ago.
• Lena shares a room with her cousin's children, Jenny and Grace.
• Grace does not speak.
• Grace's father was suspected of being a sympathizer, opposed to the procedure, and disappeared before his trial. Grace's mother Marcia died of a heart attack.
• Based on Lena's exam scores, she will be assigned a college and major.
• After the evaluation, Lena will be assigned four or five prospective spouses, and she'll marry one after college.
• Lena has hardly ever spoken to a boy, since it is forbidden prior to the...
This section contains 2,594 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)