|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who drives the escape vehicle in Chapter 23: “Gators”?
2. Who initially begins screaming over the news broadcast in Chapter 26: "Chronicle"?
3. What newspapers does Eddie find in the Summerton Estate in Chapter 18: "How"?
4. Who is described in Chapter 15: “Inertia” as saying "Work be the salvation of man and Work gonna set you free"?
5. What does Darlene throw at Jed when he comes into the room in Chapter 26: "Chronicle"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sextus become injured in Chapter 24: “Scotty is Surprised”?
2. How is the encounter between Eddie and Darlene described in Chapter 27: “Trials”?
3. What leads to the conflict with Sextus and How in the end of Chapter 23: “Gators”?
4. What does Eddie learn when he first hears from Darlene after his escape in Chapter 25: “Summerton Revisited”?
5. Who is Jarvis and what is his relationship to Sirius in the novel?
6. What does Tuck discover when he comes to find Eddie in Chapter 21: “The Plan”?
7. When and where does Chapter 26: “Chronicle” take place?
8. How and why does the plan for escape fail in Chapter 15: “Inertia”?
9. What is revealed of Sirius's life after his escape from Delicious in Chapter 21: “The Plan”?
10. What is Eddie's punishment in Chapter 17: “Your Punishment”?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the nonlinear structure of Delicious Foods. Why do you think that the author has chosen to relate the story in a nonlinear plot? How does this structure help to develop tension in the story? How would the story differ if it were told in a linear format?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of addiction in Delicious Foods. How does the author illustrate this theme through character, setting, symbolism, and imagery? What role does addiction play in the plot of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and analyze the character of Eddie in the novel. How old is Eddie when the story begins? What has happened to Eddie in the prologue? What is the outcome for Eddie in the end of the novel?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)