|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Darlene's sponsor in her recovery group?
2. Who tells Eddie to stay in the car and that maybe he can escape in Chapter 23: “Gators”?
3. Where does Darlene watch a college graduation in Chapter 28: "Almost Home"?
4. How old is Jed when the news story is released about his parents?
5. Who does How bring with him when he returns to the barn where he ahd left Darlene and Eddie in Chapter 20: “Doing Nothing”?
Short Essay Questions
1. What inner conflicts does Eddie face regarding potential advancement in the company in Chapter 18: “How”?
2. What does Scotty reveal about Darlene's work at Delicious after the escape in Chapter 27: “Trials”?
3. How and why does the plan for escape fail in Chapter 15: “Inertia”?
4. What does Darlene vow to Scotty in Chapter 27: “Trials”? Why?
5. What is the significance of the "tractor scene" in Chapter 25: “Summerton Revisited”?
6. When and where does Chapter 26: “Chronicle” take place?
7. What does Tuck discover when he comes to find Eddie in Chapter 21: “The Plan”?
8. What is Eddie's punishment in Chapter 17: “Your Punishment”?
9. What does Eddie learn when he first hears from Darlene after his escape in Chapter 25: “Summerton Revisited”?
10. Where do the escapees travel to get to the Subaru in Chapter 23: “Gators”?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the violence and abuse seen in Delicious Foods. What are examples from the book where extreme violence is depicted? How is it depicted? Do you think this aspect of the novel is important? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of addiction in Delicious Foods. How does the author illustrate this theme through character, setting, symbolism, and imagery? What role does addiction play in the plot of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the plot structure of Delicious Foods. Where in the narrative does the exposition transition to rising action? Where does the climax occur? What information is revealed in the falling action and denouement?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)