|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What heavy metal band is described on the t-shirts that How wears in Chapter 18: "How"?
(c) Iron Maiden.
2. Who is the narrator of Chapter 27: "Trials"?
3. What is Eddie forced to do as his punishment in Chapter 17: "Your Punishment"?
(a) To beat Michelle.
(b) To pick watermelons.
(c) To beat Tuck.
(d) To beat Darlene.
4. Who are the anchorpeople described that host the morning news in Chapter 26: "Chronicle"?
(a) Gerald Kimble and Sissy Ross.
(b) Jim Pommeroy and Gigi Risi.
(c) Walter Nivens and Sam Waters.
(d) Andy Rickson and Michelle Hayes.
5. What is the name of Eddie's son that Darlene meets in Chapter 27: "Trials"?
(c) Eddie, Jr.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who suspects Jarvis of working for the Fusiliers as they make their escape in Chapter 23: “Gators”?
2. What kind of computer does Sextus have Eddie come to work on in Chapter 16: "Summerton"?
3. How does Darlene obtain Bethella's phone number?
4. By what nickname does Sextus begin calling Eddie in Chapter 16: "Summerton"?
5. Where do Elmunda and Jed move when Sextus begins his prison sentence?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Eddie learn when he first hears from Darlene after his escape in Chapter 25: “Summerton Revisited”?
2. What is significant about the narrative style in Chapter 28: “Almost Home”?
3. What information does Michelle ask Eddie to obtain in Chapter 18: “How”?
4. How does Sextus become injured in Chapter 24: “Scotty is Surprised”?
5. What is revealed of Sirius's life after his escape from Delicious in Chapter 21: “The Plan”?
6. What inner conflicts does Eddie face regarding potential advancement in the company in Chapter 18: “How”?
7. Why does Darlene move to Shreveport in Chapter 28: “Almost Home”?
8. What does Tuck discover when he comes to find Eddie in Chapter 21: “The Plan”?
9. How does Darlene prepare for her first visit to the estate in Chapter 16: “Summerton”?
10. What information is Eddie able to obtain for Michelle in Chapter 18: “How”?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)