|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the diner off I-94 where Eddie stops in the Prologue: "Little Muddy"?
(a) The Hungry Haven.
(b) The Dancing Chicken.
(c) The White Horse.
2. How much money does Eddie find in the wallet in the Prologue: "Little Muddy"?
3. What is Eddie's hometown?
(a) Malvern, Arkansas.
(b) Natchitoches, Louisiana.
(c) Shreveport, Louisiana.
(d) Ovis, Louisiana.
4. Who hands out the workers' pay in Chapter 9: “An Improvement”?
5. How has Eddie been injured in the Prologue: "Little Muddy"?
(a) He has been stabbed in the leg.
(b) He has been shot in the shoulder.
(c) His foot has been chopped off.
(d) His hands have been chopped off.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Darlene's boss that introduces her to crack cocaine?
2. About how much money do the workers on Delicious Farms earn each day?
3. On what days of the week do the overseers drive the workers to the depot, according to the narrator in Chapter 9: “An Improvement”?
4. Who is described as "a light-skinned, straight-nosed, and polite senior beauty queen" in Darlene's sorority?
5. How much does the narrator say a mini-bottle of Popov costs at the depot in Chapter 9: “An Improvement”?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Eddie regarded by the police on his first visit in Chapter 6: “Your Own Cord”?
2. What happens when Sextus asks about Eddie's age in Chapter 14: “Lost Years”?
3. From what narrative perspective is Chapter 1: “Braindancing” related?
4. From what narrative perspective is the Prologue: "Little Muddy" related?
5. Who was Sparkplug McKeon and what warning did he give Nat in Chapter 3: “Conjure”?
6. Why are Tuck and Eddie taken to the separate barn when they arrive at Delicious?
7. Where do Eddie and Tuck meet Jackie and how is this encounter described in Chapter 10: “Drunken Bum Knows”?
8. What are Eddie's circumstances as he drives the Subaru in the Prologue: "Little Muddy"?
9. How does the narrator describe the evolution of Eddie's relationship with Tuck in Chapter 14: “Lost Years”?
10. What foreshadowing is related in Chapter 11: “Eclipse”?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)