|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Eddie's last name?
2. Whose old boots does Jackie give to Darlene when she starts working at the farm?
3. Near what Louisiana city did Darlene grow up?
(c) Baton Rouge.
(d) New Orleans.
4. What is Sirius's real name?
5. How much does the contract Darlene signs say she owes for the ride to the farm in Chapter 7: “Who is Delicious?”
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Eddie's son?
2. What is the name of the beauty salon where Eddie finds information on how to find his aunt Bethella in the Prologue: "Little Muddy"?
3. What is the star called that is a diamond, according to Sirius in Chapter 9: “An Improvement”?
4. Who is the doctor that Bethella takes Eddie to see in the Prologue: "Little Muddy"?
5. Who is the clerk that runs the depot in Chapter 9: “An Improvement”?
Short Essay Questions
1. When does Darlene first "meet" Scotty? How is this encounter described?
2. From what narrative perspective is Chapter 1: “Braindancing” related?
3. What led Darlene and Nat to transfer to a different college?
4. How is Eddie's life in Houston described in Chapter 2: “Blackbirds”?
5. What does Darlene see Jackie doing at night in Chapter 11: “Eclipse”?
6. How are the accommodations at Delicious Foods described?
7. Where does Darlene encounter Jackie? How does Jackie convince Darlene to get in the minivan?
8. From what narrative perspective is the Prologue: "Little Muddy" related?
9. Why did Nat and Darlene move to Ovis? How is this setting described?
10. How does Sirius escape in Chapter 9: “An Improvement”?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)