|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sings the original version of "I Believe I'll Dust My Broom" that Tuck sings in Chapter 16: "Summerton"?
(a) Gaspard Fusilier.
(b) Mad Dog Walker.
(c) Robert Johnson.
(d) B.B. King.
2. Who are the anchorpeople described that host the morning news in Chapter 26: "Chronicle"?
(a) Gerald Kimble and Sissy Ross.
(b) Jim Pommeroy and Gigi Risi.
(c) Walter Nivens and Sam Waters.
(d) Andy Rickson and Michelle Hayes.
3. Darlene is accused of staying at Delicious for what two reasons in Chapter 26: "Chronicle"?
(a) Greed and money.
(b) Money and love.
(c) Desperation and neglect.
(d) Crack and Sextus.
4. What is printed on the shirt that Darlene buys specifically to wear to the estate in Chapter 16: "Summerton"?
(a) "Brown University."
(c) "Kent State."
(d) "Ohio State."
5. What newspapers does Eddie find in the Summerton Estate in Chapter 18: "How"?
(a) The Chicago Tribune.
(b) The Democrat-Gazette.
(c) The Houston Chronicle.
(d) The Times Picayune.
6. Who insists that Darlene lie to Jed about his parents in Chapter 26: "Chronicle"?
7. How long after Sextus's invitation to come to his estate does the boss come to take Eddie to visit in Chapter 16: "Summerton"?
(a) Three days later.
(b) Six days later.
(c) Two days later.
(d) Ten days later.
8. Who leaps out of the car when a vehicle is encountered as the escapees make their way from Delicious Foods in Chapter 23: “Gators”?
9. What is TT's full name?
(a) Thomas Lee Thompson.
(b) Theodore Tucker.
(c) Terry Thompson.
(d) Titus Wayne Taylor.
10. Who tells Eddie to stay in the car and that maybe he can escape in Chapter 23: “Gators”?
11. What do the workers name the rat that foretells bad luck for a week if it was seen?
12. What does Jarvis compare the situation with as the group makes their way to escape in Chapter 23: “Gators”?
(a) The Korean War.
(b) The Vietnam War.
(c) World War II.
(d) A terror plot.
13. What kind of car do Eddie and his fellow escapees reach to leave Delicious Foods in Chapter 23: “Gators”?
(a) A Chevrolet.
(b) A Jeep.
(c) A Subaru.
(d) A Ford.
14. Where does Darlene move to go into a detox program in Chapter 28: "Almost Home"?
(a) Baton Rouge.
(b) New York.
15. Who is Darlene's sponsor in her recovery group?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the man from the newspaper say had told him some things about the working conditions at Delicious Foods in Chapter 19: "The Wrong Limes"?
2. How much money does six ounces of generic sunblock cost at the depot, according to the narrator in Chapter 17: "Your Punishment"?
3. By what nickname does Sextus begin calling Eddie in Chapter 16: "Summerton"?
4. How old is How when his family is deported back to Mexico?
5. What heavy metal band is described on the t-shirts that How wears in Chapter 18: "How"?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)