|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sentence does Sextus receive at the end of his trial?
(a) Ten years in prison.
(b) Five years in prison.
(c) 29 years in prison.
(d) 15 years in prison.
2. Who drives the escape vehicle in Chapter 23: “Gators”?
3. How old is Jed when the news story is released about his parents?
4. What is the name of Sextus's son in the novel?
5. What does Jarvis compare the situation with as the group makes their way to escape in Chapter 23: “Gators”?
(a) World War II.
(b) A terror plot.
(c) The Korean War.
(d) The Vietnam War.
6. What do the overseers do after catching Michelle trying to escape in Chapter 15: “Inertia”?
(a) They cover the window in cement.
(b) They put bars over the window.
(c) They shoot Michelle.
(d) They cover the window with boards.
7. Where do Elmunda and Jed move when Sextus begins his prison sentence?
(a) New Orleans.
(b) Baton Rouge.
(d) Little Rock.
8. How much money does Michelle say she owes to Delicious Foods when she talks about escaping in Chapter 15: “Inertia”?
9. Who beats Darlene for speaking to the reporters in Chapter 19: "The Wrong Limes"?
10. What heavy metal band is described on the t-shirts that How wears in Chapter 18: "How"?
(b) Iron Maiden.
11. Who insists that Darlene lie to Jed about his parents in Chapter 26: "Chronicle"?
12. In what parish do the Fusiliers live and have influence?
(a) Appalousa Parish.
(b) Osprey Parish.
(c) Baton Rouge Parish.
(d) Natchitoches Parish.
13. Where does Darlene get a waitressing job after she moves in Chapter 28: "Almost Home"?
14. Where does Darlene sit in the escape vehicle in Chapter 23: “Gators”?
(a) On TT's lap.
(b) On Michelle's lap.
(c) On Tuck's lap.
(d) On Eddie's lap.
15. How much money does Jequita claim she owes the company when Darlene frees the captives?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Sirius given a ride to after he escapes Delicious Foods?
2. What does Darlene say happened to Michelle when she calls Eddie in Chapter 25: “Summerton Revisited”?
3. Where does How supposedly hitchhike after the escape?
4. Who tells Eddie to stay in the car and that maybe he can escape in Chapter 23: “Gators”?
5. How old is How when his family is deported back to Mexico?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)