|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the nickname of the minibus driver in Chapter 7: “Who is Delicious?”
2. Who on the minibus is described as "a spacey man who always wearing this raggedy-ass fedora" in Chapter 7: “Who is Delicious?”
3. What character is described in Chapter 9: “An Improvement” as keeping "a piece of paper under his hat and wrote down damn near every debt he got and every vegetable he done picked"?
4. What is the name of the bum that Eddie meets who gives him a lead on his mother's whereabouts in Chapter 10: "Drunken Bum Knows"?
(d) Tuckahoe Joe.
5. For how long are Eddie and Tuck kept at the barn in quarantine when they arrive at Delicious Foods Farm?
(a) Six days.
(b) Four days.
(c) Ten days.
(d) Five days.
6. What is Darlene described as standing in front of in the picture that Eddie takes to the streets looking for her with in Chapter 6: "Your Own Cord"?
(a) A Christmas tree.
(b) A new car.
(c) The Empire State building.
(d) The Eiffel Tower.
7. Where does Eddie's mother rush off to after learning of her husband's death in Chapter 5: “Show Us the Planets”?
(a) To the kitchen.
(b) To the basement.
(c) To the clothesline.
(d) To the attic.
8. What is the name of the town where the workers are taken to the depot in Chapter 9: “An Improvement”?
9. About how much money do the workers on Delicious Farms earn each day?
10. Where is Sparkplug in a hospital when he dies?
(a) Delhi, Louisiana.
(b) Houston, Texas.
(c) Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
(d) Ovis, Louisiana.
11. What is the name of Eddie's son?
(c) Eddie, Jr.
12. What musical instrument does Eddie find in the barn in Chapter 12: "Obeah Juju"?
(a) A flute.
(b) A banjo.
(c) A piano.
(d) A harmonica.
13. What is the job that Darlene and the men are bused on the farm to do in Chapter 7: “Who is Delicious?”
(a) Pick tomatoes.
(b) Pick cucumbers.
(c) Pick watermelons.
(d) Pick corn.
14. How many miles away does Jackie say the closest phone is for Darlene to call Eddie in Chapter 7: “Who is Delicious?”
(a) Six miles away.
(b) Ten miles away.
(c) Two miles away.
(d) 20 miles away.
15. When does Eddie and Darlene's landlord remind Eddie that his mom is two months behind on rent in Chapter 6: "Your Own Cord"?
(a) In August.
(b) In March.
(c) In July.
(d) In June.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Eddie find in the wallet in the Prologue: "Little Muddy"?
2. How old is Eddie when he comes to Delicious Foods Farm?
3. Who teaches Eddie an elaborate soul handshake when he arrives at the farm in Chapter 14: "Lost Years"?
4. How has Eddie been injured in the Prologue: "Little Muddy"?
5. Who gives Eddie a tour of the barracks when he arrives at the farm in Chapter 14: "Lost Years"?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)