|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Eddie's son?
(b) Eddie, Jr.
2. What character is described in Chapter 9: “An Improvement” as keeping "a piece of paper under his hat and wrote down damn near every debt he got and every vegetable he done picked"?
3. When does Eddie and Darlene's landlord remind Eddie that his mom is two months behind on rent in Chapter 6: "Your Own Cord"?
(a) In June.
(b) In March.
(c) In July.
(d) In August.
4. What is the name of the grocery store that Eddie's father renovated into a classic general store?
(a) Anderson Grocery.
(b) Douglas City Grocery.
(c) Kenny's Corner Grocery.
(d) Mount Hope Grocery.
5. How many miles away does Jackie say the closest phone is for Darlene to call Eddie in Chapter 7: “Who is Delicious?”
(a) Two miles away.
(b) Ten miles away.
(c) 20 miles away.
(d) Six miles away.
6. How much money does Eddie find in the wallet in the Prologue: "Little Muddy"?
7. How has Eddie been injured in the Prologue: "Little Muddy"?
(a) He has been stabbed in the leg.
(b) His foot has been chopped off.
(c) He has been shot in the shoulder.
(d) His hands have been chopped off.
8. Who is the woman that meets Eddie and the bum at the minibus in Chapter 10: "Drunken Bum Knows"?
9. Who is Darlene's boss that introduces her to crack cocaine?
10. How old is Eddie said to be in the Prologue: "Little Muddy"?
11. Whose phone number does Eddie leave with the police in Chapter 6: "Your Own Cord"?
(a) Mrs. Vernon's.
(d) April Woods's.
12. Where does Darlene get her first job after her husband dies?
(a) At a children's daycare.
(b) At a school.
(c) At a bakery.
(d) At a convenience store.
13. When was the last time that Eddie saw his aunt Bethella when he greets her in the Prologue: "Little Muddy"?
(a) When he was 10.
(b) When he was 15.
(c) When he was 6.
(d) When he was 12.
14. For how long are Eddie and Tuck kept at the barn in quarantine when they arrive at Delicious Foods Farm?
(a) Five days.
(b) Ten days.
(c) Six days.
(d) Four days.
15. At what time every day are the workers on the farm paid, according to the narrator in Chapter 9: “An Improvement”?
(a) 6:00 p.m.
(b) 7:00 p.m.
(c) 8:00 p.m.
(d) 5:00 p.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the bandleader of the band that Tuck had played with?
2. Where does the neighbor tell Eddie that aunt Bethella lives now in the Prologue: "Little Muddy"?
3. What kind of bird is Darlene chasing outside the barn in Chapter 12: “Obeah Juju"?
4. What sorority is Darlene a member of in college?
5. What is the name of the town where the workers are taken to the depot in Chapter 9: “An Improvement”?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)