|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does the narrator say that the depot charges for a six-pack of Tecate in cans in Chapter 9: “An Improvement”?
2. How many broken ribs does Tuck sustain as a result of being hit by a drunk driver?
3. When are Eddie and Tuck brought to Delicious Foods Farm?
4. Whose old boots does Jackie give to Darlene when she starts working at the farm?
5. About how much money do the workers on Delicious Farms earn each day?
6. Where does Nat meet Darling at an expensive bed-and-breakfast while Hazel is away playing basketball in Chapter 3: "Conjure"?
(b) Baton Rouge.
7. Whose back does Darlene caress when the minibus arrived at the farm in Chapter 7: “Who is Delicious?”
8. When does Eddie and Darlene's landlord remind Eddie that his mom is two months behind on rent in Chapter 6: "Your Own Cord"?
(a) In July.
(b) In March.
(c) In August.
(d) In June.
9. Where does Eddie demand to go looking for his father when he did not arrive home in Chapter 5: “Show Us the Planets”?
(a) At the post office.
(b) At the library.
(c) At the General Store.
(d) At the bank.
10. Who is described as Eddie's schoolteacher in Chapter 6: "Your Own Cord"?
(a) Mr. Gono.
(b) Mr. Woods.
(c) Mr. Arceneaux.
(d) Mrs. Sanders.
11. How old does How suggest to Sextus that Eddie is when he inspectes the workers in Chapter 14: "Lost Years"?
12. Where does Eddie go to look for Mrs. Vernon in the Prologue: "Little Muddy"?
13. How much money does Eddie find in the wallet in the Prologue: "Little Muddy"?
14. Who is Darlene's boss that introduces her to crack cocaine?
15. Whose phone number does Eddie leave with the police in Chapter 6: "Your Own Cord"?
(b) Mrs. Vernon's.
(c) April Woods's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Near what Louisiana city did Darlene grow up?
2. What does the narrator describe Darlene wearing as a belt in Chapter 12: “Obeah Juju"?
3. How old is Eddie when he comes to Delicious Foods Farm?
4. How much does the contract Darlene signs say she owes for the ride to the farm in Chapter 7: “Who is Delicious?”
5. Who brings up the idea of the barn by the depot as a quarantine in Chapter 12: "Obeah Juju"?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)