|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sirius's real name?
2. About how much money do the workers on Delicious Farms earn each day?
3. How much do the workers get charged each night for housing in Chapter 9: “An Improvement”?
4. Where is Tuck when he is hit by a drunk driver?
(a) New Orleans.
(b) Baton Rouge.
(c) Oklahoma City.
5. What performer does Eddie think of as they lower his father's casket into the ground in Chapter 5: “Show Us the Planets”?
(a) James Dean.
(b) Malcolm X.
(c) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(d) Harry Houdini.
6. What is the name of the grocery store that Eddie's father renovated into a classic general store?
(a) Kenny's Corner Grocery.
(b) Anderson Grocery.
(c) Douglas City Grocery.
(d) Mount Hope Grocery.
7. Whose phone number does Eddie leave with the police in Chapter 6: "Your Own Cord"?
(a) April Woods's.
(c) Mrs. Vernon's.
8. What character is described in Chapter 9: “An Improvement” as keeping "a piece of paper under his hat and wrote down damn near every debt he got and every vegetable he done picked"?
9. Near what Louisiana city did Darlene grow up?
(a) Baton Rouge.
(d) New Orleans.
10. How much does the narrator say that the depot charges for a six-pack of Tecate in cans in Chapter 9: “An Improvement”?
11. What is the name of Eddie's mother?
12. How many miles away does Jackie say the closest phone is for Darlene to call Eddie in Chapter 7: “Who is Delicious?”
(a) Six miles away.
(b) Ten miles away.
(c) 20 miles away.
(d) Two miles away.
13. How has Eddie been injured in the Prologue: "Little Muddy"?
(a) He has been shot in the shoulder.
(b) His hands have been chopped off.
(c) He has been stabbed in the leg.
(d) His foot has been chopped off.
14. Where is the rock star that has shot himself in the Prologue: "Little Muddy"?
(d) New York.
15. How old is the woman who is the drunk driver that hits and injures Tuck?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Eddie's mother rush off to after learning of her husband's death in Chapter 5: “Show Us the Planets”?
2. Whose number does Darlene give to Sirius when he flees the farm in Chapter 9: “An Improvement”?
3. What is the name of the waitress who tends to Eddie at the diner off I-94 in the Prologue: "Little Muddy"?
4. What kind of bird is Darlene chasing outside the barn in Chapter 12: “Obeah Juju"?
5. Who pledges to make a report against How for manhandling Eddie in Chapter 14: "Lost Years"?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)