|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27: "Trials" - Chapter 29: "Daydreaming".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What college does Darlene attend?
(a) Grambling State University.
(b) Louisiana State University.
(c) Florida State University.
(d) Wayne State University.
2. Where was Sirius living when he started a hip-hop group?
(b) New York.
(c) Fort Worth.
3. Where does Eddie's mother rush off to after learning of her husband's death in Chapter 5: “Show Us the Planets”?
(a) To the clothesline.
(b) To the attic.
(c) To the kitchen.
(d) To the basement.
4. With what newspaper does the man in the white car say he is with Chapter 19: "The Wrong Limes"?
(a) The New York Times.
(b) The Chicago Tribune.
(c) The Times Picayune.
(d) The Houston Chronicle.
5. On what days of the week do the overseers drive the workers to the depot, according to the narrator in Chapter 9: “An Improvement”?
(a) Saturdays and Sundays.
(b) Mondays and Wednesdays.
(c) Tuesdays and Fridays.
(d) Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Darlene say happened to Michelle when she calls Eddie in Chapter 25: “Summerton Revisited”?
2. Where does How supposedly hitchhike after the escape?
3. How old has Sextus's son just turned when Sextus begins having Eddie come and watch him?
4. The narrator says in Chapter 16: "Summerton" that How claims to have fined a worker $400 once for taking a bite from what crop that was being harvested?
5. Who are the anchorpeople described that host the morning news in Chapter 26: "Chronicle"?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)