|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12: "Obeah Juju" - Chapter 14: "Lost Years".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Scotty describe the crack cocaine having been cut with in Chapter 7: “Who is Delicious?”
(d) Battery acid.
2. What is the name of the beauty salon where Eddie finds information on how to find his aunt Bethella in the Prologue: "Little Muddy"?
(a) Fancy Cuts.
(b) The Red Apple.
(c) Fringe Cuts.
(d) The Clip Joint.
3. What character is described in Chapter 9: “An Improvement” as keeping "a piece of paper under his hat and wrote down damn near every debt he got and every vegetable he done picked"?
4. Where does Eddie's mother rush off to after learning of her husband's death in Chapter 5: “Show Us the Planets”?
(a) To the clothesline.
(b) To the attic.
(c) To the kitchen.
(d) To the basement.
5. Who is Bethella's husband that died from a bad heart?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose phone number does Eddie leave with the police in Chapter 6: "Your Own Cord"?
2. Who on the minibus is described as "a spacey man who always wearing this raggedy-ass fedora" in Chapter 7: “Who is Delicious?”
3. How much does the narrator say that the depot charges for a six-pack of Tecate in cans in Chapter 9: “An Improvement”?
4. What is the name of the grocery store that Eddie's father renovated into a classic general store?
5. Who is the woman that tries to sell Darlene on going to work on a farm in Chapter 4: "We Named the Goat"?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)