|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the women in the household tell Tobias about the way he handled the situation?
2. How do Tobias and Agnes feel about Harry and Edna?
3. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 2?
4. Julia is mad about losing her room to _______________________.
5. What is Agnes's demeanor when talking to Tobias about their sleeping arrangements?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the role of married women in the 1960s when the women in the novel are living their married lives. What precedents do they feel compelled to follow? What restrictions do the have? What freedoms did they have that twenty-first century women do not have?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the symbolism of Julia's bedroom. What does it mean for Julia? What does it mean that Harry and Edna have barricaded themselves in the room? Are there any other significant meanings that the bedroom adds to the story?
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Tobias. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)