|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character appears amidst Julia's rantings?
2. What meal has the family just finished?
3. What role does Julia say Agnes and Tobias have taken on?
4. Who does Agnes find in the living room?
5. What do the women in the household tell Tobias about the way he handled the situation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Tobias. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 2
Explain Albee's use of humor in the play. Cite examples of at least two different instances of humor and explain why the author used them where he did.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Tobias and Harry. What are their roles within the group of women? What is the trust factor with the women? What are the reasons the women love each of these men who are so dramatically different?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)