|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julia want Tobias to do?
2. Why does Tobias not want to discuss sleeping arrangements?
3. Why did Agnes not sleep well last night?
4. Edna admits that she and Harry talked about ____________________ during the night.
5. According to Agnes, daylight brings sanity and ___________ once more.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There is much symbolism in this story regarding Julia's bedroom. What does the room symbolize for Julia? What does it mean for Harry and Edna? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Agnes. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her--if anything--at this point in her life?
Essay Topic 3
Agnes seems to be the character who maintains the delicate balance in the play. How does Agnes do this? What is her internal code? What does Agnes do when things seem in danger or reaching a tipping point? Explain.
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)