|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Agnes demeanor after Julia's accusations?
2. According to Agnes, daylight brings sanity and ___________ once more.
3. Which character appears amidst Julia's rantings?
4. What meal has the family just finished?
5. According to Agnes, which of the following does not fall within the responsibility of a woman in a marriage?
Essay Topic 1
Explain the symbolism of Julia's bedroom. What does it mean for Julia? What does it mean that Harry and Edna have barricaded themselves in the room? Are there any other significant meanings that the bedroom adds to the story?
Essay Topic 2
Project into the future ten years and write a brief synopsis for the lives of Tobias, Agnes, Julia, Claire, Harry and Edna. Be sure to include emotional states as well as physical characteristics, geographic locations, work, hobbies, socialization, etc.
Essay Topic 3
There is much symbolism in this story regarding Julia's bedroom. What does the room symbolize for Julia? What does it mean for Harry and Edna? Explain.
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)