|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Julia and Edna both want?
2. Edna admits that she and Harry talked about ____________________ during the night.
3. What does Julia want Tobias to do?
4. What is Agnes's demeanor when talking to Tobias about their sleeping arrangements?
5. What meal has the family just finished?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the overall setting for the play. Why does Albee use the setting he does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the role of married women in the 1960s when the women in the novel are living their married lives. What precedents do they feel compelled to follow? What restrictions do the have? What freedoms did they have that twenty-first century women do not have?
Essay Topic 3
Escape from reality is an important theme in the story. Cite at least three examples of how the characters attempt to escape from reality.
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)