|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julia offer to make?
2. What does Agnes call seeing facts and their implications at the same time?
3. Who leaves the room in hysterics?
4. Which characters are present at the opening of Act 2, Scene 2?
5. What is Agnes's demeanor when talking to Tobias about their sleeping arrangements?
Essay Topic 1
Alcohol takes on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the symbolism of Julia's bedroom. What does it mean for Julia? What does it mean that Harry and Edna have barricaded themselves in the room? Are there any other significant meanings that the bedroom adds to the story?
Essay Topic 3
Albee uses more than one instance of irony in the book. One example is the clarity with which the alcoholic Claire can view life. Cite at least two other examples you can identify in the play and note why they are examples of irony.
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)