Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Agnes demeanor after Julia's accusations?
2. According to Agnes, daylight brings sanity and ___________ once more.
3. Which character appears amidst Julia's rantings?
4. What meal has the family just finished?
5. According to Agnes, which of the following does not fall within the responsibility of a woman in a marriage?
Albee uses more than one iteration on the theme of loss. Identify at least two themes about loss in the play. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
The play seems to come full circle from Agnes's musings about going mad in the beginning of the play, to the end where Agnes says that people sleep at night because they are afraid of the darkness. ''They say we sleep to let the demons out--to let the mind go raving mad. . . . And when the daylight comes again . . . comes order with it.'' Is Agnes satisfied with the order of things as the play ends? Explain.
Project into the future ten years and write a brief synopsis for the lives of Tobias, Agnes, Julia, Claire, Harry and Edna. Be sure to include emotional states as well as physical characteristics, geographic locations, work, hobbies, socialization, etc.
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)