|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julia offer to make?
2. What does Julia say she will do if Harry and Edna stay?
3. According to Agnes, which of the following does not fall within the responsibility of a woman in a marriage?
4. Edna admits that she and Harry talked about ____________________ during the night.
5. Who does Agnes find in the living room?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Agnes. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her--if anything--at this point in her life?
Essay Topic 2
Project into the future ten years and write a brief synopsis for the lives of Tobias, Agnes, Julia, Claire, Harry and Edna. Be sure to include emotional states as well as physical characteristics, geographic locations, work, hobbies, socialization, etc.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the role of married women in the 1960s when the women in the novel are living their married lives. What precedents do they feel compelled to follow? What restrictions do the have? What freedoms did they have that twenty-first century women do not have?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)