|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tobias demand to know?
2. Tobias has never reprimanded Julia for ____________________.
3. Who does Tobias plead with for counseling on the situation?
4. Edna admits that she and Harry talked about ____________________ during the night.
5. What do Julia and Edna fight about?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Alcohol takes on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the significance of the play's title. What did the author mean by calling the play A DELICATE BALANCE? Cite an example to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Project into the future ten years and write a brief synopsis for the lives of Tobias, Agnes, Julia, Claire, Harry and Edna. Be sure to include emotional states as well as physical characteristics, geographic locations, work, hobbies, socialization, etc.
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)