|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tobias not want to discuss sleeping arrangements?
2. Which characters are present at the opening of Act 2, Scene 2?
3. Which character appears amidst Julia's rantings?
4. According to Agnes, daylight brings sanity and ___________ once more.
5. What meal has the family just finished?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain Albee's use of humor in the play. Cite examples of at least two different instances of humor and explain why the author used them where he did.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the significance of the play's title. What did the author mean by calling the play A DELICATE BALANCE? Cite an example to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Alcohol takes on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)