|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harry tell Tobias when they talk?
2. What topic does Julia bring up once again?
3. How did Tobias sleep last night?
4. Who reproaches Julia for having failed marriages?
5. What is Agnes's demeanor when talking to Tobias about their sleeping arrangements?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses some important instances of flashbacks in the story. Explain what a flashback is and cite at least two making sure to explain what makes each a flashback.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the symbolism of Julia's bedroom. What does it mean for Julia? What does it mean that Harry and Edna have barricaded themselves in the room? Are there any other significant meanings that the bedroom adds to the story?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the overall setting for the play. Why does Albee use the setting he does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)