|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who reproaches Julia for having failed marriages?
2. Who says derogatory comments about the meal?
3. Agnes tells Tobias that it was ___________ and nice to have him in her bed last night.
4. Agnes believes that it is a man's responsibility to determine the moral route of a marriage and the woman _________________________.
5. What is the setting of Act 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Alcohol takes on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Julia. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her--if anything--at this point in her life?
Essay Topic 3
Albee uses more than one instance of irony in the book. One example is the clarity with which the alcoholic Claire can view life. Cite at least two other examples you can identify in the play and note why they are examples of irony.
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)