|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Tobias sleep last night?
2. At whom does Julia direct her pleas?
3. Who says derogatory comments about the meal?
4. How can Julia's mood be characterized this evening?
5. What topic does Julia bring up once again?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Agnes seems to be the character who maintains the delicate balance in the play. How does Agnes do this? What is her internal code? What does Agnes do when things seem in danger or reaching a tipping point? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Escape from reality is an important theme in the story. Cite at least three examples of how the characters attempt to escape from reality.
Essay Topic 3
Alcohol takes on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)