|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What finally makes Tobias break down?
2. How does Agnes refer to Julia's marriages?
3. Agnes is prepared to shout _____________________.
4. Agnes tells Tobias that it was ___________ and nice to have him in her bed last night.
5. What does Julia offer to make?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the overall setting for the play. Why does Albee use the setting he does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
Essay Topic 2
Explain Albee's use of humor in the play. Cite examples of at least two different instances of humor and explain why the author used them where he did.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the role of married women in the 1960s when the women in the novel are living their married lives. What precedents do they feel compelled to follow? What restrictions do the have? What freedoms did they have that twenty-first century women do not have?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)