|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julia say she will do if Harry and Edna stay?
2. Why did Agnes not sleep well last night?
3. Who says derogatory comments about the meal?
4. Who does Edna say has first rights to the bedroom?
5. Julia thinks about the dinner as ____________.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain Albee's use of humor in the play. Cite examples of at least two different instances of humor and explain why the author used them where he did.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Tobias and Harry. What are their roles within the group of women? What is the trust factor with the women? What are the reasons the women love each of these men who are so dramatically different?
Essay Topic 3
A DELICATE BALANCE is a classic escape from reality story. What does that classification entail? Why does this play fit into this category? Explain.
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)