|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Claire pour onto the floor?
2. What role does Julia say Agnes and Tobias have taken on?
3. What do the women in the household tell Tobias about the way he handled the situation?
4. Agnes is happy to be a _________________ if it will keep her family together.
5. What does Julia bring into the living room?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A DELICATE BALANCE is a classic escape from reality story. What does that classification entail? Why does this play fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the overall setting for the play. Why does Albee use the setting he does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
Essay Topic 3
Alcohol abuse seems to be an unnamed character in the book. How pervasive is the abuse? Why does it have such a prevalent place in the characters' lives? How does it affect the abusers? How does it affect those impacted by the abusers? Explain how an inanimate object or characteristic can be a character.
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)