|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Agnes, which of the following does not fall within the responsibility of a woman in a marriage?
2. When does Agnes prefer to deal with Julia's distress?
3. At whom does Julia direct her pleas?
4. What purpose does Claire's entrance serve?
5. What meal has the family just finished?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Albee uses more than one iteration on the theme of loss. Identify at least two themes about loss in the play. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the overall setting for the play. Why does Albee use the setting he does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Tobias and Harry. What are their roles within the group of women? What is the trust factor with the women? What are the reasons the women love each of these men who are so dramatically different?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)