|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Agnes believes that it is a man's responsibility to determine the moral route of a marriage and the woman _________________________.
2. Who does Edna say has first rights to the bedroom?
3. What does Julia want Tobias to do?
4. What does Julia offer to make?
5. What purpose does Claire's entrance serve?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Alcohol takes on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
Essay Topic 2
Albee uses more than one instance of irony in the book. One example is the clarity with which the alcoholic Claire can view life. Cite at least two other examples you can identify in the play and note why they are examples of irony.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses some important instances of flashbacks in the story. Explain what a flashback is and cite at least two making sure to explain what makes each a flashback.
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)