|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the women in the household tell Tobias about the way he handled the situation?
2. Agnes is happy to be a _________________ if it will keep her family together.
3. What happens to Agnes with each one of Julia's traumas?
4. Tobias has considered which quality of each person sleeping in his house?
5. Julia says that her parents ____________________.
Essay Topic 1
Alcohol abuse seems to be an unnamed character in the book. How pervasive is the abuse? Why does it have such a prevalent place in the characters' lives? How does it affect the abusers? How does it affect those impacted by the abusers? Explain how an inanimate object or characteristic can be a character.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses some important instances of flashbacks in the story. Explain what a flashback is and cite at least two making sure to explain what makes each a flashback.
Essay Topic 3
Alcohol takes on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
This section contains 914 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)