|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leaves the room in hysterics?
2. What does Claire pour onto the floor?
3. Who says derogatory comments about the meal?
4. According to Agnes, daylight brings sanity and ___________ once more.
5. What does Agnes call seeing facts and their implications at the same time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Tobias and Harry. What are their roles within the group of women? What is the trust factor with the women? What are the reasons the women love each of these men who are so dramatically different?
Essay Topic 2
Albee uses more than one instance of irony in the book. One example is the clarity with which the alcoholic Claire can view life. Cite at least two other examples you can identify in the play and note why they are examples of irony.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Julia. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her--if anything--at this point in her life?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)