|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Agnes demeanor after Julia's accusations?
2. What is Claire wearing when she enters the living room?
3. Who says derogatory comments about the meal?
4. Who does Agnes find in the living room?
5. According to Agnes, why do people sleep?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Escape from reality is an important theme in the story. Cite at least three examples of how the characters attempt to escape from reality.
Essay Topic 2
Albee uses more than one instance of irony in the book. One example is the clarity with which the alcoholic Claire can view life. Cite at least two other examples you can identify in the play and note why they are examples of irony.
Essay Topic 3
Alcohol takes on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)