|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Julia's appearance when she returns to the living room?
2. What does Tobias demand to know?
3. How did Tobias sleep last night?
4. According to Agnes, it is Tobias's house and Tobias's ____________________.
5. What happens to Agnes with each one of Julia's traumas?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1There is much symbolism in this story regarding Julia's bedroom. What does the room symbolize for Julia? What does it mean for Harry and Edna? Explain.
Essay Topic 2Create a brief character study of Julia. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her--if anything--at this point in her life?
Essay Topic 3Albee uses more than one instance of irony in the book. One example is the clarity with which the alcoholic Claire can view life. Cite at least two other examples you can identify in the play and note why they are examples of irony.
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)