|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Julia verbally tangle?
2. Agnes is happy to be a _________________ if it will keep her family together.
3. What do Julia and Edna fight about?
4. Agnes hopes that Tobias will ________________________.
5. Where does Edna invite Agnes to go next week?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Tobias and Harry. What are their roles within the group of women? What is the trust factor with the women? What are the reasons the women love each of these men who are so dramatically different?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the significance of the play's title. What did the author mean by calling the play A DELICATE BALANCE? Cite an example to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Agnes seems to be the character who maintains the delicate balance in the play. How does Agnes do this? What is her internal code? What does Agnes do when things seem in danger or reaching a tipping point? Explain.
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)