|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Julia's husband?
2. What do the people in the room say to Harry and Edna?
3. Tobias tells Julia that her parents are not _________________.
4. Why is Julia returning home?
5. Where is Claire staying?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Agnes feel about Claire and how is that reflected in their communications?
2. For what reason does Agnes take such a resolute position regarding her family?
3. What does Agnes ask of Tobias regarding Julia's marriage?
4. How does Claire respond to Tobias asking her about Alcoholics Anonymous?
5. Who is the voice of calm and reason in Act 2, Scene 2?
6. Why is Agnes and Tobias's daughter, Julia, coming home again?
7. Why is Agnes so leery of Julia's arrival?
8. What temporarily buoys the spirits of the people in the living room?
9. What shocking news does Harry share with Tobias in private?
10. How does Claire retaliate against Tobias for asking her about Alcoholics Anonymous?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1Create a brief character study of Julia. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her--if anything--at this point in her life?
Essay Topic 2Albee uses more than one iteration on the theme of loss. Identify at least two themes about loss in the play. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
Essay Topic 3Compare and contrast Tobias and Harry. What are their roles within the group of women? What is the trust factor with the women? What are the reasons the women love each of these men who are so dramatically different?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)