Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Agnes pondering as Act 1 begins?
2. Why are Harry and Edna going home?
3. Who does Tobias attempt to defend all the time?
4. What is the location of the play?
5. Who begins to pick little fights?
Short Essay Questions
1. How old are Agnes and Tobias?
2. What are Agnes and Tobias's main points when considering whether or not to ask Harry and Edna to leave?
3. What does Agnes cite as the beginning of her marriage to Tobias?
4. Who emerges as the voice of reason and calm in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. What does Julia do when Tobias tries to get her to understand that she is responsible for her life?
6. What announcements does Edna make regarding the bedroom?
7. What does Tobias offer to do for Julia in spite of her snide comments toward him?
8. What reasons does Agnes give for lashing out at Claire?
9. What is the topic that supersedes Agnes's obsession with madness?
10. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 2 and which characters are present as the scene opens?
Albee uses more than one iteration on the theme of loss. Identify at least two themes about loss in the play. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
Compare and contrast Tobias and Harry. What are their roles within the group of women? What is the trust factor with the women? What are the reasons the women love each of these men who are so dramatically different?
Agnes seems to be the character who maintains the delicate balance in the play. How does Agnes do this? What is her internal code? What does Agnes do when things seem in danger or reaching a tipping point? Explain.
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)