Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Harry and Edna going home?
2. What does Agnes worry about more than she worries about going mad?
3. Who begins to pick little fights?
4. According to Julia, Doug is opposed to _______________.
5. Agnes leaves the room to call whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Agnes consider to be a woman's responsibility in a marriage?
2. What is the setting for Act 1 of A DELICATE BALANCE?
3. What does Julia say to Tobias in retaliation for his comment about her failed marriages?
4. What role does Agnes feel she has in Julia's continuing disappointments?
5. What is the state of Agnes and Tobias's marriage?
6. What is the topic that Agnes ponders out loud?
7. What reasons does Agnes give for lashing out at Claire?
8. What is the setting for Act 3 and which characters are present as the scene opens?
9. How does Agnes distance herself from the responsibility of how to manage the people in the house?
10. Why does Julia feel Harry and Edna's presence is unwarranted?
Compare and contrast Tobias and Harry. What are their roles within the group of women? What is the trust factor with the women? What are the reasons the women love each of these men who are so dramatically different?
There is much symbolism in this story regarding Julia's bedroom. What does the room symbolize for Julia? What does it mean for Harry and Edna? Explain.
Escape from reality is an important theme in the story. Cite at least three examples of how the characters attempt to escape from reality.
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)