|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The people in the room are _____________ to see Harry and Edna with their coats on.
2. Why are the people in the room happy to see Harry and Edna wearing their coats?
(a) They are going out to see a movie.
(b) They have encouraged them to take a walk.
(c) They are going to pick up some things for dinner.
(d) They think they are leaving.
3. Why are Harry and Edna going home?
(a) To check on the stove
(b) To get a few things
(c) To get their mail
(d) To water the plants
4. To what city does Tobias say he will move because it is sunny all the time?
(b) Los Angeles
(c) San Diego
5. Where are Harry and Edna going?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Agnes leave the room?
2. Julia thinks that Tobias's attempts to talk to Doug would be ______________.
3. Which of the following does Tobias not joke with Agnes about regarding her sanity?
4. What does Julia tell Tobias she used to think of him as?
5. What is the format of A DELICATE BALANCE?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role does Agnes feel she has in Julia's continuing disappointments?
2. What is the topic that supersedes Agnes's obsession with madness?
3. How does Tobias respond after hearing Harry's perspective on their friendship?
4. Who does Julia direct her anger toward next?
5. Who emerges as the voice of reason and calm in Act 2, Scene 1?
6. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 2 and which characters are present as the scene opens?
7. What are Julia's comments about the evening's dinner?
8. What is the state of Agnes and Tobias's marriage?
9. How does Tobias reach his breaking point with the bickering women this morning?
10. Why does Julia feel Harry and Edna's presence is unwarranted?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)