|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tobias give Julia?
(a) A loan
(b) A car
(c) A warning about her behavior
(d) Some old photos
2. Claire asks Tobias why he no longer has _________________________.
(a) any friends
(b) sex with his wife
(c) any money
(d) his business
3. Tobias tells Julia that her parents are not _________________.
(a) simply her parents
(b) her whipping boys
(c) proud of her
(d) a bottomless pit of money
4. Who is Julia's mother?
5. Who begins to pick little fights?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Agnes?
2. To whom has Agnes given away the item in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. What simile does Tobias use to describe Julia's failed marriage?
4. According to Agnes, if you can entertain the idea of going mad, ________________________________.
5. Which of the following does Tobias not joke with Agnes about regarding her sanity?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Agnes cite as the beginning of her marriage to Tobias?
2. Who emerges as the voice of reason and calm in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. What are Julia's comments about the evening's dinner?
4. How does Edna retaliate against Julia for her rude behavior?
5. Julia arrives home but does not understand something she encounters. What is it?
6. How do Tobias and Agnes deal with Julia's fit of hysterics?
7. How does Claire retaliate against Tobias for asking her about Alcoholics Anonymous?
8. What is the topic that supersedes Agnes's obsession with madness?
9. How does Tobias respond after hearing Harry's perspective on their friendship?
10. How does Claire respond to Tobias asking her about Alcoholics Anonymous?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)