|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Agnes ask Tobias to speak to Julia and her husband?
(a) To tell them not to come.
(b) To give them investment advice.
(c) To see if the marriage can be saved.
(d) To invite them for dinner.
2. Who is Agnes's sister?
3. According to Tobias, Agnes will be the ________________ to plunge into any depths of madness.
4. Who leaves the room during a conversation?
5. According to Agnes, if you can entertain the idea of going mad, ________________________________.
(a) you are in some jeopardy of going over the edge.
(b) you are probably mad.
(c) there is probably not any danger of it happening.
(d) you are certainly mad.
Short Answer Questions
1. Harry and Edna give no real reason for _______________________.
2. Who overhears what Agnes has been saying about Claire?
3. According to Julia, Doug is opposed to _______________.
4. How can most of the characters in the house be characterized?
5. Which of the following does Tobias not joke with Agnes about regarding her sanity?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tobias say about his previous night?
2. What is Julia looking for from Tobias?
3. Explain Agnes's perspective on daylight.
4. What incident serves as some comedic relief during another one of Julia's whining episodes?
5. How does Claire respond to Tobias asking her about Alcoholics Anonymous?
6. What special quality does Agnes feel she has regarding the family?
7. How does Tobias reach his breaking point with the bickering women this morning?
8. What is the topic that supersedes Agnes's obsession with madness?
9. What prompts the unexpected arrival of Edna and Harry?
10. Why is Agnes so leery of Julia's arrival?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)