|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tobias ignores Julia's ______________.
(d) streaked hair
2. Why can Agnes not go mad?
(a) She simply doesn't have time.
(b) She couldn't stay in a hospital.
(c) She's afraid of what would happen to Tobias.
(d) She can't stand psychiatrists.
3. From what room do Harry and Edna emerge?
(b) Dining room
4. Which of the following does Tobias not joke with Agnes about regarding her sanity?
(a) He will sell everything.
(b) He will move to Tucson.
(c) He will have her committed.
(d) He will have an affair.
5. Tobias asks Claire why she does not go back to _______________________.
(a) Her own home
(b) Alcoholics Anonymous
Short Answer Questions
1. What about Harry and Edna baffles Julia in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. Why does Agnes ask Tobias to speak to Julia and her husband?
3. What do the people in the room say to Harry and Edna?
4. Tobias recalls ______________ who stopped loving him.
5. Why is Julia returning home?
Short Essay Questions
1. For what reason does Agnes take such a resolute position regarding her family?
2. What insight does Agnes share with Tobias regarding his role in Julia's irresponsible behavior?
3. What does Agnes consider to be a woman's responsibility in a marriage?
4. Why is Agnes and Tobias's daughter, Julia, coming home again?
5. How does Tobias reach his breaking point with the bickering women this morning?
6. What prompts the unexpected arrival of Edna and Harry?
7. What role does Agnes feel she has in Julia's continuing disappointments?
8. What is Thomas reminded of when asked to speak to Julia and her husband?
9. What is the topic that Agnes ponders out loud?
10. What gesture does Tobias offer to make for Julia regarding her marriage?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)