|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Harry and Edna staying in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Agnes and Tobias's house
(b) Edna's sister's house
(c) The Hyatt
(d) Tobias's mother's home
2. What does Claire say is the only thing Tobias has in common with his best friend?
(a) They both have two daughters and two sons.
(b) They are both excellent golfers.
(c) They both had an affair with the same woman one summer.
(d) They both drive the same kind of car.
3. According to Claire, _____________ is preferable to loss of love.
(d) mental illness
4. Agnes leaves the room to call whom?
5. Why do Harry and Edna emerge?
(a) To get a suitcase from the car
(b) To make a request
(c) To go to the bathroom
(d) To turn down the thermostat
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leaves the room during a conversation?
2. What are Harry and Edna wearing when they emerge from the bedroom?
3. Tobias could not force the cat to _________________.
4. Who is Agnes and Tobias's daughter?
5. What are Agnes and Tobias drinking?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tobias respond after hearing Harry's perspective on their friendship?
2. What temporarily buoys the spirits of the people in the living room?
3. How does Julia show her immaturity toward her relationship with her father?
4. How does Claire retaliate against Tobias for asking her about Alcoholics Anonymous?
5. How does Tobias respond to Agnes talk about going mad?
6. What does Agnes feel about Claire and how is that reflected in their communications?
7. What incident serves as some comedic relief during another one of Julia's whining episodes?
8. Why is Agnes and Tobias's daughter, Julia, coming home again?
9. What is the topic that supersedes Agnes's obsession with madness?
10. What is the setting for Act 1 of A DELICATE BALANCE?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)