|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom do Harry and Edna make their request?
(b) Kitchen staff
2. Tobias is tired of Julia showing up at the house with __________________.
(a) no money
(b) another failed marriage
(c) her dirty laundry
(d) all her kids
3. According to Agnes, if you can entertain the idea of going mad, ________________________________.
(a) there is probably not any danger of it happening.
(b) you are certainly mad.
(c) you are probably mad.
(d) you are in some jeopardy of going over the edge.
4. Agnes leaves the room to call whom?
5. What is the format of A DELICATE BALANCE?
(a) An essay
(b) A play
(c) A short story
(d) A novel
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can Agnes not go mad?
2. What is Agnes pondering as Act 1 begins?
3. To what city does Tobias say he will move because it is sunny all the time?
4. What is the relationship between Agnes and Tobias?
5. Overall, Tobias feels ____________ about Claire's life.
Short Essay Questions
1. What incident serves as some comedic relief during another one of Julia's whining episodes?
2. What are Agnes and Tobias's main points when considering whether or not to ask Harry and Edna to leave?
3. Why does Julia feel Harry and Edna's presence is unwarranted?
4. What does Agnes feel about Claire and how is that reflected in their communications?
5. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 2 and which characters are present as the scene opens?
6. How does Claire respond to Tobias asking her about Alcoholics Anonymous?
7. Why is Agnes so leery of Julia's arrival?
8. What shocking news does Harry share with Tobias in private?
9. How does Edna retaliate against Julia for her rude behavior?
10. Who does Julia direct her anger toward next?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)