|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Agnes leave the room?
(a) Check on dinner
(b) Fix her makeup
(c) Make a phone call
(d) Answer the door
2. Why does the character in #67 begin to pick fights?
(a) Over bad debts
(b) Over marital choices
(c) Over some perceived slights
(d) Over finances
3. To whom has Agnes given away the item in Act 2, Scene 1?
(b) Harry and Edna
4. Julia thinks that Tobias's attempts to talk to Doug would be ______________.
(c) an intrusion
5. Why do Agnes's actions upset Julia?
(a) She wanted to keep the photos.
(b) She was not asked first.
(c) She knew she was coming home.
(d) She needs the money herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tobias tells Agnes that she _________________________.
2. According to Claire, _____________ is preferable to loss of love.
3. Why have Edna and Harry come to Agnes and Tobias's house?
4. Tobias tells Julia that her parents are not _________________.
5. What about Harry and Edna baffles Julia in Act 2, Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the topic that Agnes ponders out loud?
2. How does Tobias reach his breaking point with the bickering women this morning?
3. What is Julia looking for from Tobias?
4. What reasons does Agnes give for lashing out at Claire?
5. How does Julia show her immaturity toward her relationship with her father?
6. What does Agnes cite as the beginning of her marriage to Tobias?
7. What is the setting for Act 1 of A DELICATE BALANCE?
8. What does Julia say to Tobias in retaliation for his comment about her failed marriages?
9. What does Agnes feel about Claire and how is that reflected in their communications?
10. What are Julia's comments about the evening's dinner?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)