|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tobias tells Agnes that she _________________________.
(a) is the sanest person he knows.
(b) should lose a bit of weight.
(c) is his best friend.
(d) is tipping toward madness.
2. Who arrives at Agnes and Tobias's house unexpectedly?
(c) Edna and Harry
(d) James and Betsy
3. What are Harry and Edna wearing when they emerge from the bedroom?
4. Which character seems to be the only steady person in the house?
5. What does Tobias offer to do?
(a) Buy dinner
(b) Speak to Doug
(c) Mow the lawn
(d) Check airfares
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the character in #67 begin to pick fights?
2. Tobias recalls ______________ who stopped loving him.
3. What are Agnes and Tobias drinking?
4. When does Agnes plan to speak to Julia?
5. What is the setting for Act 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What prompts the unexpected arrival of Edna and Harry?
2. What announcements does Edna make regarding the bedroom?
3. How does Agnes distance herself from the responsibility of how to manage the people in the house?
4. What are Julia's comments about the evening's dinner?
5. How does Tobias respond to Agnes talk about going mad?
6. Why is Agnes and Tobias's daughter, Julia, coming home again?
7. What role does Agnes feel she has in Julia's continuing disappointments?
8. Who does Julia direct her anger toward next?
9. How does Agnes exhibit that she is so out of tune with her daughter's distress?
10. What reasons does Agnes give for lashing out at Claire?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)