|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tobias give Julia?
(a) Some old photos
(b) A car
(c) A warning about her behavior
(d) A loan
2. Who is questioning Agnes as Act 2, Scene 1 opens?
3. Tobias tells Julia that her parents are not _________________.
(a) a bottomless pit of money
(b) proud of her
(c) her whipping boys
(d) simply her parents
4. Where is Claire staying?
(a) At her brother's house
(b) At a hotel
(c) With Agnes and Tobias
(d) At a bed and breakfast
5. What does Tobias offer Claire when Agnes leaves the room?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the main male character?
2. Why is Julia returning home?
3. What does Tobias tell Julia she can no longer do?
4. Tobias recalls ______________ who stopped loving him.
5. What is the format of A DELICATE BALANCE?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Agnes cite as the beginning of her marriage to Tobias?
2. What does Agnes feel about Claire and how is that reflected in their communications?
3. What special quality does Agnes feel she has regarding the family?
4. What does Tobias offer to do for Julia in spite of her snide comments toward him?
5. Why are Tobias and Agnes pleased to have Harry and Edna leave their home in the end?
6. Why is Agnes and Tobias's daughter, Julia, coming home again?
7. What does Agnes reveal about her previous night's sleep?
8. What is the setting for Act 3 and which characters are present as the scene opens?
9. What does Agnes ask of Tobias regarding Julia's marriage?
10. How does Julia show her immaturity toward her relationship with her father?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)