|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Agnes and Tobias's daughter?
2. What are Harry and Edna wearing when they emerge from the bedroom?
3. What does Tobias tell Julia the he and Agnes have?
(a) real emotions and limits
(b) unconditional love for her
(c) a proposal for her
(d) a terminal illness
4. Who does Tobias attempt to defend all the time?
5. Why does Agnes chastise Tobias?
(a) For not serving the hors d'oeuvres
(b) For giving alcohol to Claire
(c) For spilling his wine
(d) For watching a sitcom
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Agnes, if you can entertain the idea of going mad, ________________________________.
2. Who is Julia's husband?
3. How old is Tobias?
4. What is Tobias's response to what Agnes says about "when it will begin"?
5. Why does the character in #67 begin to pick fights?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Julia do when Tobias tries to get her to understand that she is responsible for her life?
2. Who emerges as the voice of reason and calm in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. For what reason does Agnes take such a resolute position regarding her family?
4. Why is Agnes so leery of Julia's arrival?
5. What is the setting for Act 3 and which characters are present as the scene opens?
6. How old are Agnes and Tobias?
7. Julia arrives home but does not understand something she encounters. What is it?
8. Why is Agnes and Tobias's daughter, Julia, coming home again?
9. How does Tobias respond when Julia picks on him?
10. What incident serves as some comedic relief during another one of Julia's whining episodes?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)