|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Harry and Edna going?
2. Who leaves the room during a conversation?
3. Tobias asks Claire why she does not go back to _______________________.
(a) Alcoholics Anonymous
(b) Her own home
4. What does Tobias give Julia?
(a) Some old photos
(b) A loan
(c) A car
(d) A warning about her behavior
5. What is Agnes pondering as Act 1 begins?
(a) What it would be like to be a flight attendant.
(b) What it would be like to go mad.
(c) What she should wear to dinner tonight.
(d) What she should plant in the vegetable garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Agnes and Tobias's daughter?
2. What is the format of A DELICATE BALANCE?
3. Who is Julia's husband?
4. What is the location of the play?
5. What is the relationship between Agnes and Tobias?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the state of Agnes and Tobias's marriage?
2. What does Agnes feel about Claire and how is that reflected in their communications?
3. What does Agnes cite as the beginning of her marriage to Tobias?
4. What is the setting for Act 3 and which characters are present as the scene opens?
5. What does Agnes instinctively know about her guests and the chaos currently in her home?
6. How old are Agnes and Tobias?
7. How does Tobias respond to Agnes talk about going mad?
8. What special quality does Agnes feel she has regarding the family?
9. Julia arrives home but does not understand something she encounters. What is it?
10. What is the outlook for Tobias's mental state?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)