|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tobias could not force the cat to _________________.
(a) love him
(b) stay indoors
(d) use the litter box
2. Claire wonders aloud about _______________________.
(a) things she has to do tomorrow
(b) when it would begin
(c) Harry's bad manners
(d) Edna's bad haircut
3. What does Tobias offer Claire when Agnes leaves the room?
4. The people in the room are _____________ to see Harry and Edna with their coats on.
5. What is Tobias's response to what Agnes says about "when it will begin"?
(a) He gets it after thinking about it for a few minutes.
(b) He grasps what she means instantly.
(c) He doesn't understand what she means.
(d) He refuses to validate it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tobias tells Agnes that she _________________________.
2. According to Agnes, if you can entertain the idea of going mad, ________________________________.
3. Who is Julia's mother?
4. Why does the character in #67 begin to pick fights?
5. How many times have Harry and Edna emerged?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Agnes reveal about her previous night's sleep?
2. How does Agnes distance herself from the responsibility of how to manage the people in the house?
3. What is the outlook for Tobias's mental state?
4. What does Agnes feel about Claire and how is that reflected in their communications?
5. What is Thomas reminded of when asked to speak to Julia and her husband?
6. Who emerges as the voice of reason and calm in Act 2, Scene 1?
7. What role does Agnes feel she has in Julia's continuing disappointments?
8. For what reason does Agnes take such a resolute position regarding her family?
9. Why is Agnes and Tobias's daughter, Julia, coming home again?
10. What are Agnes and Tobias's main points when considering whether or not to ask Harry and Edna to leave?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)