|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Agnes chastise Tobias?
(a) For not serving the hors d'oeuvres
(b) For watching a sitcom
(c) For spilling his wine
(d) For giving alcohol to Claire
2. How old is Tobias?
(a) Early 60s
(b) 30 something
(c) Late 50s
(d) 20 ish
3. Julia thinks that Tobias's attempts to talk to Doug would be ______________.
(a) an intrusion
4. Who is the main female character?
5. Agnes feels that going mad would be very _______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Harry and Edna staying in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. Why is Julia returning home?
3. Where are Harry and Edna going?
4. Overall, Tobias feels ____________ about Claire's life.
5. To what city does Tobias say he will move because it is sunny all the time?
Short Essay Questions
1. For what reason does Agnes take such a resolute position regarding her family?
2. How does Julia serve as the tipping point for Tobias's tolerance?
3. How does Claire respond to Tobias asking her about Alcoholics Anonymous?
4. What is the state of Agnes and Tobias's marriage?
5. Why is Agnes so leery of Julia's arrival?
6. What is the setting for Act 1 of A DELICATE BALANCE?
7. How old are Agnes and Tobias?
8. Why is Agnes and Tobias's daughter, Julia, coming home again?
9. What is the simile that Tobias uses to describe Julia's marriages?
10. What is the setting for Act 3 and which characters are present as the scene opens?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)