Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Agnes pondering as Act 1 begins?
(a) What she should wear to dinner tonight.
(b) What it would be like to go mad.
(c) What it would be like to be a flight attendant.
(d) What she should plant in the vegetable garden.
2. Why are Harry and Edna going home?
(a) To water the plants
(b) To get a few things
(c) To check on the stove
(d) To get their mail
3. Who does Tobias attempt to defend all the time?
4. What is the location of the play?
5. Who begins to pick little fights?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tobias tell Julia the he and Agnes have?
2. According to Agnes, if you can entertain the idea of going mad, ________________________________.
3. Who is Agnes's sister?
4. Agnes feels that going mad would be very _______________.
5. According to Claire, _____________ is preferable to loss of love.
Short Essay Questions
1. How old are Agnes and Tobias?
2. What are Agnes and Tobias's main points when considering whether or not to ask Harry and Edna to leave?
3. What does Agnes cite as the beginning of her marriage to Tobias?
4. Who emerges as the voice of reason and calm in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. What does Julia do when Tobias tries to get her to understand that she is responsible for her life?
6. What announcements does Edna make regarding the bedroom?
7. What does Tobias offer to do for Julia in spite of her snide comments toward him?
8. What reasons does Agnes give for lashing out at Claire?
9. What is the topic that supersedes Agnes's obsession with madness?
10. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 2 and which characters are present as the scene opens?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)