|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the location of the play?
2. Harry and Edna give no real reason for _______________________.
(a) their alternative lifestyle
(b) their childlessness
(c) their choice of charities
(d) their sudden appearance at the house
3. What does Tobias offer Claire when Agnes leaves the room?
4. To whom has Agnes given away the item in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Harry and Edna
5. From what room do Harry and Edna emerge?
(a) Dining room
Short Answer Questions
1. Tobias recalls ______________ who stopped loving him.
2. Who is Agnes's sister?
3. From whom do Harry and Edna make their request?
4. Tobias tells Agnes that she _________________________.
5. Why are the people in the room happy to see Harry and Edna wearing their coats?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Julia looking for from Tobias?
2. What prompts the unexpected arrival of Edna and Harry?
3. How do Tobias and Agnes deal with Julia's fit of hysterics?
4. What is the simile that Tobias uses to describe Julia's marriages?
5. What does Julia do when Tobias tries to get her to understand that she is responsible for her life?
6. How does Agnes exhibit that she is so out of tune with her daughter's distress?
7. What does Agnes ask of Tobias regarding Julia's marriage?
8. Why is Agnes and Tobias's daughter, Julia, coming home again?
9. How does Edna retaliate against Julia for her rude behavior?
10. Explain the veneer of Tobias's ability to love.
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)