|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tobias asks Claire why she does not go back to _______________________.
(b) Her own home
(c) Alcoholics Anonymous
2. From what room do Harry and Edna emerge?
(c) Dining room
3. Who enters the room and joins in the current conversation?
4. Who is questioning Agnes as Act 2, Scene 1 opens?
5. Why does the character in #67 begin to pick fights?
(a) Over some perceived slights
(b) Over bad debts
(c) Over marital choices
(d) Over finances
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Agnes plan to speak to Julia?
2. What does Tobias give Julia?
3. What is Agnes pondering as Act 1 begins?
4. Where are Harry and Edna going?
5. What does Tobias offer Claire when Agnes leaves the room?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the voice of calm and reason in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. What is so shocking about Julia's return to the group in the living room?
3. What reasons does Agnes give for lashing out at Claire?
4. What incident serves as some comedic relief during another one of Julia's whining episodes?
5. How does Tobias respond when Julia picks on him?
6. Explain the veneer of Tobias's ability to love.
7. What is the state of Agnes and Tobias's marriage?
8. What does Agnes feel about Claire and how is that reflected in their communications?
9. What insight does Agnes share with Tobias regarding his role in Julia's irresponsible behavior?
10. What does Tobias offer to do for Julia in spite of her snide comments toward him?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)