|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tobias asks Claire why she does not go back to _______________________.
(b) Her own home
(c) Alcoholics Anonymous
2. What surprise information do Harry and Edna share with the people in the room?
(a) They are divorcing.
(b) They are going to the hospital.
(c) They will return within a couple hours.
(d) They are moving to Europe.
3. Why are Harry and Edna going home?
(a) To get a few things
(b) To water the plants
(c) To check on the stove
(d) To get their mail
4. Harry and Edna are ____________________.
(a) getting a divorce
(b) the life of any party
(c) shut up in the bedroom
(d) leaving in a couple hours
5. What is the format of A DELICATE BALANCE?
(a) A play
(b) A short story
(c) An essay
(d) A novel
Short Answer Questions
1. Who overhears what Agnes has been saying about Claire?
2. Who is questioning Agnes as Act 2, Scene 1 opens?
3. Who does not understand Agnes's actions in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. What is Claire's affliction?
5. From whom do Harry and Edna make their request?
Short Essay Questions
1. Julia arrives home but does not understand something she encounters. What is it?
2. For what reason does Agnes take such a resolute position regarding her family?
3. How does Agnes distance herself from the responsibility of how to manage the people in the house?
4. What does Julia do when Tobias tries to get her to understand that she is responsible for her life?
5. What does Tobias say about his previous night?
6. What is the topic that supersedes Agnes's obsession with madness?
7. What does Agnes ask of Tobias regarding Julia's marriage?
8. What announcements does Edna make regarding the bedroom?
9. What surprise do Harry and Edna reveal after saying their goodbyes to everyone?
10. What temporarily buoys the spirits of the people in the living room?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)