|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Agnes worry about more than she worries about going mad?
(a) Her sister, Claire
(b) Her daughter, Claire
(c) Her sister-in-law, Claire
(d) Her best friend, Claire
2. Tobias tells Agnes that she _________________________.
(a) should lose a bit of weight.
(b) is his best friend.
(c) is tipping toward madness.
(d) is the sanest person he knows.
3. What surprise information do Harry and Edna share with the people in the room?
(a) They are divorcing.
(b) They will return within a couple hours.
(c) They are going to the hospital.
(d) They are moving to Europe.
4. The people in the room are _____________ to see Harry and Edna with their coats on.
5. Why do Harry and Edna emerge?
(a) To turn down the thermostat
(b) To make a request
(c) To go to the bathroom
(d) To get a suitcase from the car
Short Answer Questions
1. Tobias could not force the cat to _________________.
2. Claire apologizes to Agnes for bringing out such ____________ in Agnes.
3. Why does Agnes leave the room?
4. Claire asks Tobias why he no longer has _________________________.
5. Which character seems to be the only steady person in the house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tobias offer to do for Julia in spite of her snide comments toward him?
2. Why is Agnes and Tobias's daughter, Julia, coming home again?
3. What does Agnes cite as the beginning of her marriage to Tobias?
4. What is the setting for Act 3 and which characters are present as the scene opens?
5. How does Tobias reach his breaking point with the bickering women this morning?
6. What does Julia want her father to do?
7. What does Agnes instinctively know about her guests and the chaos currently in her home?
8. How does Agnes exhibit that she is so out of tune with her daughter's distress?
9. What incident serves as some comedic relief during another one of Julia's whining episodes?
10. What does Agnes feel about Claire and how is that reflected in their communications?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)