|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Agnes and Tobias retreat to separate bedrooms?
(a) After Julia was born
(b) After the death of their son
(c) When Julia left for college
(d) On their 25th anniversary
2. What does Agnes call seeing facts and their implications at the same time?
(a) A delicate balance
(b) A fairy tale
(c) A rare gift
3. Which characters are present at the opening of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Tobias, Agnes and Julia
(b) Agnes, Julia and Edna
(c) Tobias, Agnes and Edna
(d) Tobias, Julia and Harry
4. What finally makes Tobias break down?
(a) Doug's arrival to pick up Julia
(b) Julia's death
(c) The imbalance of the relationship between he and Agnes and Harry and Edna
(d) Julia's declaration of love
5. What do Julia and Edna both want?
(a) Antique vase
(c) Julia's bedroom
6. Agnes believes that _____________ is to blame for Julia's behavior.
7. How many failed marriages has Julia had?
8. What does Agnes tell Tobias to do in the situation?
(a) Move to Europe
(b) Kick everyone out
(d) Get psychiatric help
9. Edna admits that she and Harry talked about ____________________ during the night.
(a) the state of their marriage
(b) their trip to Europe
(c) how much they love Tobias and Agnes
(d) their grandchildren
10. What happens to Agnes with each one of Julia's traumas?
(a) She absorbs them
(b) She learns from them
(c) She dies a little
(d) She suffers
11. According to Agnes, which of the following does not fall within the responsibility of a woman in a marriage?
(c) Moral route
12. What does Claire pour onto the floor?
(a) Tomato juice
(d) Orange juice
13. What does Julia offer to make?
14. Agnes believes that it is a man's responsibility to determine the moral route of a marriage and the woman _________________________.
(a) will do what she's told
(b) has no say in it
(c) will reap the benefits
(d) will make it work
15. Who speaks to Tobias privately?
Short Answer Questions
1. Agnes feels she is the only one in the family who can see a situation objectively _____________________.
2. Why does Edna think she and Harry should have first rights to the bedroom?
3. How do Tobias and Agnes feel about Harry and Edna?
4. What is the setting of Act 3?
5. What is Agnes's demeanor when talking to Tobias about their sleeping arrangements?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)