|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Agnes feels she is the only one in the family who can see a situation objectively _____________________.
(a) and plan a strategy
(b) and not react
(c) while involved in it
(d) and incorporate others' feelings
2. With whom does Julia verbally tangle?
3. Who returns to the house to spend the night?
(a) Harry and Edna
4. According to Agnes, it is Tobias's house and Tobias's ____________________.
5. Tobias has never reprimanded Julia for ____________________.
(a) getting pregnant
(b) her irresponsible behavior
(c) dropping out of school
(d) wrecking the car
6. Tobias wonders about his ________________ for each person in his house.
7. Julia says that her parents ____________________.
(a) have taken on a role.
(b) have always loved her.
(c) are not her parents.
(d) have never loved her.
8. What is Agnes demeanor after Julia's accusations?
9. What is Julia's appearance when she returns to the living room?
(c) Heavily made up
10. According to Agnes, why do people sleep?
(a) To escape their problems.
(b) To get dream messages.
(c) To recharge their internal batteries.
(d) They fear the darkness of night.
11. What role does Julia say Agnes and Tobias have taken on?
(a) Sex counselors
(b) Drill sergeants
12. Why did Agnes not sleep well last night?
(a) The unfamiliar presence in her bed
(b) A bad thunderstorm
(c) The neighbors were too noisy
(d) A bad migraine
13. Why does Edna think she and Harry should have first rights to the bedroom?
(a) They are Agnes and Tobias's best friends.
(b) They don't have money for a hotel.
(c) They are older.
(d) They come at this time every year.
14. What does Julia say she will do if Harry and Edna stay?
(a) Redecorate the bedroom
(b) Leave for good
(c) Go to a hotel
(d) Come back at a better time
15. What was Tobias's view on having another child after the death of their son?
(a) He had no opinion either way.
(b) He wanted it very much.
(c) He could take it or leave it.
(d) He refused.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Agnes prefer to deal with Julia's distress?
2. Julia says it was the ________________ dinner she has ever experienced.
3. Agnes tells Tobias that it was ___________ and nice to have him in her bed last night.
4. What topic does Julia bring up once again?
5. At whom does Julia direct her pleas?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)