|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which characters are present at the opening of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Tobias, Agnes and Julia
(b) Tobias, Agnes and Edna
(c) Tobias, Julia and Harry
(d) Agnes, Julia and Edna
2. Where does Edna invite Agnes to go next week?
3. What does Harry tell Tobias when they talk?
(a) He and Edna are leaving.
(b) He loves him like a brother.
(c) He is an alcoholic.
(d) He has cancer.
4. Which character has the coolest demeanor in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. What is the setting of Act 3?
(b) Living room
6. What topic does Julia bring up once again?
(a) Her second husband
(b) Her parents' wills
(c) Harry and Edna staying in her room
(d) Not having children
7. What does Agnes call seeing facts and their implications at the same time?
(a) A fairy tale
(b) A rare gift
(d) A delicate balance
8. Agnes believes that it is a man's responsibility to determine the moral route of a marriage and the woman _________________________.
(a) will reap the benefits
(b) will do what she's told
(c) has no say in it
(d) will make it work
9. Who baits Claire to have vodka in her orange juice?
10. How long has Tobias been in the living room?
(a) All day
(b) A couple of minutes
(c) All night
(d) Few hours
11. When does Agnes prefer to deal with Julia's distress?
(a) After she has a drink
12. What is Claire wearing when she enters the living room?
(b) A bikini
(c) A ballgown
(d) An accordion
13. What does Claire pour onto the floor?
(b) Tomato juice
(d) Orange juice
14. According to Agnes, daylight brings sanity and ___________ once more.
15. Why does Tobias not want to discuss sleeping arrangements?
(a) He wants to eat breakfast first.
(b) He does not love Agnes anymore.
(c) He is having an affair.
(d) He is overwhelmed from the chaos in the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the women in the household tell Tobias about the way he handled the situation?
2. How do Tobias and Agnes feel about Harry and Edna?
3. How does Agnes refer to Julia's marriages?
4. Who does Agnes find in the living room?
5. What does Julia bring into the living room?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)