|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Edna invite Agnes to go next week?
2. Edna admits that she and Harry talked about ____________________ during the night.
(a) their trip to Europe
(b) how much they love Tobias and Agnes
(c) their grandchildren
(d) the state of their marriage
3. Who does Agnes believe is the only one in the family who can be objective?
4. How long has Tobias been in the living room?
(a) All day
(b) Few hours
(c) All night
(d) A couple of minutes
5. Agnes hopes that Tobias will ________________________.
(a) continue to sleep in her bed
(b) talk to Dough
(c) kick out Edna and Harry
(d) take out the trash
6. How do Tobias and Agnes feel about Harry and Edna?
(b) No feelings
(d) About the same
7. According to Agnes, daylight brings sanity and ___________ once more.
8. According to Agnes, it is Tobias's house and Tobias's ____________________.
9. What does Agnes call seeing facts and their implications at the same time?
(a) A fairy tale
(c) A rare gift
(d) A delicate balance
10. What do Julia and Edna both want?
(b) Antique vase
(d) Julia's bedroom
11. Agnes believes that it is a man's responsibility to determine the moral route of a marriage and the woman _________________________.
(a) will make it work
(b) will do what she's told
(c) will reap the benefits
(d) has no say in it
12. Which character appears amidst Julia's rantings?
13. What does Claire pour onto the floor?
(b) Orange juice
(d) Tomato juice
14. Why does Edna think she and Harry should have first rights to the bedroom?
(a) They come at this time every year.
(b) They are older.
(c) They don't have money for a hotel.
(d) They are Agnes and Tobias's best friends.
15. What finally makes Tobias break down?
(a) Julia's declaration of love
(b) The imbalance of the relationship between he and Agnes and Harry and Edna
(c) Julia's death
(d) Doug's arrival to pick up Julia
Short Answer Questions
1. Agnes feels she is the only one in the family who can see a situation objectively _____________________.
2. How does Agnes refer to Julia's marriages?
3. What does Tobias demand to know?
4. Who helps Julia in the kitchen?
5. Tobias has never reprimanded Julia for ____________________.
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)