|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting of Act 3?
(d) Living room
2. What do the women in the household tell Tobias about the way he handled the situation?
(a) He did the best he could.
(b) He is a hero to them.
(c) He failed miserably.
(d) He was masterful.
3. Agnes believes that _____________ is to blame for Julia's behavior.
4. Who returns to the house to spend the night?
(c) Harry and Edna
5. Julia says it was the ________________ dinner she has ever experienced.
(c) most elaborate
6. What does Julia say she will do if Harry and Edna stay?
(a) Redecorate the bedroom
(b) Go to a hotel
(c) Leave for good
(d) Come back at a better time
7. Who reproaches Julia for having failed marriages?
8. Agnes is prepared to shout _____________________.
(a) her love for Julia
(b) over Julia's sulking
(c) until she is hoarse
(d) out loud
9. Which characters are present at the opening of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Tobias, Julia and Harry
(b) Tobias, Agnes and Edna
(c) Tobias, Agnes and Julia
(d) Agnes, Julia and Edna
10. Which character has the coolest demeanor in Act 2, Scene 2?
11. Agnes says she is in awe of ______________.
12. Who baits Claire to have vodka in her orange juice?
13. Why does Tobias not want to discuss sleeping arrangements?
(a) He does not love Agnes anymore.
(b) He is having an affair.
(c) He wants to eat breakfast first.
(d) He is overwhelmed from the chaos in the house.
14. Who leaves the room in hysterics?
15. Tobias wonders about his ________________ for each person in his house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What purpose does Claire's entrance serve?
2. Tobias has never reprimanded Julia for ____________________.
3. When did Agnes and Tobias retreat to separate bedrooms?
4. Who helps Julia in the kitchen?
5. What does Claire pour onto the floor?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)