|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At whom does Julia point a gun?
(b) No one
2. Agnes hopes that Tobias will ________________________.
(a) kick out Edna and Harry
(b) talk to Dough
(c) continue to sleep in her bed
(d) take out the trash
3. Which characters are present at the opening of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Tobias, Agnes and Julia
(b) Tobias, Agnes and Edna
(c) Tobias, Julia and Harry
(d) Agnes, Julia and Edna
4. What topic does Julia bring up once again?
(a) Harry and Edna staying in her room
(b) Her second husband
(c) Not having children
(d) Her parents' wills
5. How did Tobias sleep last night?
(a) Like a log
(c) Just a couple hours
(d) Not at all
6. When does Agnes prefer to deal with Julia's distress?
(d) After she has a drink
7. What announcement does Edna make?
(a) She and Harry are getting a divorce.
(b) She has cancer.
(c) She and Harry are moving in.
(d) She and Harry are moving to Europe.
8. Tobias has never reprimanded Julia for ____________________.
(a) dropping out of school
(b) her irresponsible behavior
(c) getting pregnant
(d) wrecking the car
9. Tobias wonders about his ________________ for each person in his house.
10. What purpose does Claire's entrance serve?
(a) Causes her to be sent away
(b) Starts an argument
(c) Breaks the tension
(d) Bonds the characters
11. What does Harry tell Tobias when they talk?
(a) He loves him like a brother.
(b) He has cancer.
(c) He and Edna are leaving.
(d) He is an alcoholic.
12. Which character appears amidst Julia's rantings?
13. Who leaves the room in hysterics?
14. What is Agnes's demeanor when talking to Tobias about their sleeping arrangements?
15. Why does Tobias not want to discuss sleeping arrangements?
(a) He does not love Agnes anymore.
(b) He is overwhelmed from the chaos in the house.
(c) He is having an affair.
(d) He wants to eat breakfast first.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Edna invite Agnes to go next week?
2. Which character has the coolest demeanor in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. What do the women in the household tell Tobias about the way he handled the situation?
4. When did Agnes and Tobias retreat to separate bedrooms?
5. What does Tobias demand to know?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)