|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Julia says it was the ________________ dinner she has ever experienced.
(b) most elaborate
2. What finally makes Tobias break down?
(a) Doug's arrival to pick up Julia
(b) The imbalance of the relationship between he and Agnes and Harry and Edna
(c) Julia's declaration of love
(d) Julia's death
3. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The pool
(b) A bar
(c) The den
(d) The living room
4. What does Agnes call seeing facts and their implications at the same time?
(a) A fairy tale
(b) A delicate balance
(d) A rare gift
5. Agnes is happy to be a _________________ if it will keep her family together.
(a) drill sergeant
(c) Jewish mother
6. What purpose does Claire's entrance serve?
(a) Bonds the characters
(b) Breaks the tension
(c) Starts an argument
(d) Causes her to be sent away
7. What happens to Agnes with each one of Julia's traumas?
(a) She suffers
(b) She learns from them
(c) She absorbs them
(d) She dies a little
8. What is the setting of Act 3?
(d) Living room
9. What does Julia offer to make?
10. Tobias has considered which quality of each person sleeping in his house?
(c) Marital status
11. According to Agnes, daylight brings sanity and ___________ once more.
12. What do Julia and Edna both want?
(a) Antique vase
(d) Julia's bedroom
13. Why does Edna think she and Harry should have first rights to the bedroom?
(a) They don't have money for a hotel.
(b) They come at this time every year.
(c) They are Agnes and Tobias's best friends.
(d) They are older.
14. What is Claire wearing when she enters the living room?
(a) An accordion
(c) A bikini
(d) A ballgown
15. At whom does Julia point a gun?
(d) No one
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tobias not want to discuss sleeping arrangements?
2. What role does Julia say Agnes and Tobias have taken on?
3. Edna admits that she and Harry talked about ____________________ during the night.
4. Agnes believes that _____________ is to blame for Julia's behavior.
5. Why did Agnes not sleep well last night?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)