|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What purpose does Claire's entrance serve?
(a) Breaks the tension
(b) Starts an argument
(c) Causes her to be sent away
(d) Bonds the characters
2. According to Agnes, daylight brings sanity and ___________ once more.
3. Who returns to the house to spend the night?
(b) Harry and Edna
4. What is Agnes demeanor after Julia's accusations?
5. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) A bar
(b) The den
(c) The living room
(d) The pool
6. Tobias has never reprimanded Julia for ____________________.
(a) getting pregnant
(b) her irresponsible behavior
(c) wrecking the car
(d) dropping out of school
7. Why is Julia disappointed in Tobias?
(a) He never says he loves her.
(b) He has not apologized to her.
(c) He let Harry and Edna stay.
(d) He betrayed her.
8. What is Tobias considering?
(a) Agnes's health
(b) His business
(c) The state of his household
9. Agnes feels she is the only one in the family who can see a situation objectively _____________________.
(a) and not react
(b) while involved in it
(c) and incorporate others' feelings
(d) and plan a strategy
10. What role does Julia say Agnes and Tobias have taken on?
(b) Drill sergeants
(c) Sex counselors
11. What does Julia bring into the living room?
(a) Hors d'oeuvres
12. Why did Agnes not sleep well last night?
(a) A bad migraine
(b) The unfamiliar presence in her bed
(c) A bad thunderstorm
(d) The neighbors were too noisy
13. Agnes is prepared to shout _____________________.
(a) out loud
(b) her love for Julia
(c) until she is hoarse
(d) over Julia's sulking
14. What does Agnes watch diminish with each of Julia's failures?
(a) Her pride
(b) Chances of being a grandmother
(c) Her perseverance
(d) Her bank account
15. Why is Tobias perturbed with Julia?
(a) Her ingratitude
(b) Her indiscrimate spending
(c) Her disloyalty
(d) Her knack for picking the wrong men
Short Answer Questions
1. Julia says it was the ________________ dinner she has ever experienced.
2. Harry tells Tobias that he and Edna _______________________________ had the situation been reversed.
3. What finally makes Tobias break down?
4. Who does Tobias plead with for counseling on the situation?
5. What does Julia offer to make?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)