|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Julia want Tobias to do?
(a) Give her money
(b) Divorce Agnes
(c) Get rid of Harry and Edna
(d) Help her get her husband back
2. Julia thinks about the dinner as ____________.
(a) a gourmet experience
(b) a time for bonding
(c) an uplifiting experience
3. Julia is mad about losing her room to _______________________.
(a) Harry and Edna
4. Tobias has never reprimanded Julia for ____________________.
(a) dropping out of school
(b) getting pregnant
(c) her irresponsible behavior
(d) wrecking the car
5. What topic does Julia bring up once again?
(a) Her parents' wills
(b) Her second husband
(c) Not having children
(d) Harry and Edna staying in her room
6. What does Julia offer to make?
7. According to Agnes, it is Tobias's house and Tobias's ____________________.
8. Tobias wonders about his ________________ for each person in his house.
9. Who does Agnes believe is the only one in the family who can be objective?
10. Why did Agnes not sleep well last night?
(a) The unfamiliar presence in her bed
(b) The neighbors were too noisy
(c) A bad migraine
(d) A bad thunderstorm
11. Why is Julia disappointed in Tobias?
(a) He betrayed her.
(b) He has not apologized to her.
(c) He never says he loves her.
(d) He let Harry and Edna stay.
12. Agnes is happy to be a _________________ if it will keep her family together.
(a) drill sergeant
(c) Jewish mother
13. What finally makes Tobias break down?
(a) Julia's declaration of love
(b) The imbalance of the relationship between he and Agnes and Harry and Edna
(c) Julia's death
(d) Doug's arrival to pick up Julia
14. What is Tobias considering?
(b) His business
(c) Agnes's health
(d) The state of his household
15. What is Agnes demeanor after Julia's accusations?
Short Answer Questions
1. What meal has the family just finished?
2. What was Tobias's view on having another child after the death of their son?
3. When did Agnes and Tobias retreat to separate bedrooms?
4. How does Agnes refer to Julia's marriages?
5. Agnes believes that it is a man's responsibility to determine the moral route of a marriage and the woman _________________________.
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)