|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Julia verbally tangle?
2. Agnes hopes that Tobias will ________________________.
(a) continue to sleep in her bed
(b) talk to Dough
(c) take out the trash
(d) kick out Edna and Harry
3. How do Tobias and Agnes feel about Harry and Edna?
(c) No feelings
(d) About the same
4. Who does Agnes find in the living room?
5. According to Agnes, it is Tobias's house and Tobias's ____________________.
6. What is Tobias considering?
(b) Agnes's health
(c) His business
(d) The state of his household
7. What does Julia bring into the living room?
(b) Hors d'oeuvres
8. When did Agnes and Tobias retreat to separate bedrooms?
(a) On their 25th anniversary
(b) After the death of their son
(c) After Julia was born
(d) When Julia left for college
9. What does Claire pour onto the floor?
(b) Tomato juice
(c) Orange juice
10. Who returns to the house to spend the night?
(d) Harry and Edna
11. At whom does Julia direct her pleas?
12. Who does Agnes believe is the only one in the family who can be objective?
13. What do the women in the household tell Tobias about the way he handled the situation?
(a) He failed miserably.
(b) He is a hero to them.
(c) He was masterful.
(d) He did the best he could.
14. How did Tobias sleep last night?
(a) Just a couple hours
(b) Like a log
(c) Not at all
15. Julia says that her parents ____________________.
(a) are not her parents.
(b) have never loved her.
(c) have taken on a role.
(d) have always loved her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who reproaches Julia for having failed marriages?
2. Agnes is happy to be a _________________ if it will keep her family together.
3. Who has been out of the room and not privy to the heated conversation?
4. Harry tells Tobias that he and Edna _______________________________ had the situation been reversed.
5. Who speaks to Tobias privately?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)