|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What role does Julia say Agnes and Tobias have taken on?
(b) Sex counselors
(d) Drill sergeants
2. Where does Edna invite Agnes to go next week?
3. Agnes hopes that Tobias will ________________________.
(a) talk to Dough
(b) continue to sleep in her bed
(c) take out the trash
(d) kick out Edna and Harry
4. Why is Tobias perturbed with Julia?
(a) Her disloyalty
(b) Her knack for picking the wrong men
(c) Her ingratitude
(d) Her indiscrimate spending
5. What finally makes Tobias break down?
(a) Doug's arrival to pick up Julia
(b) The imbalance of the relationship between he and Agnes and Harry and Edna
(c) Julia's declaration of love
(d) Julia's death
6. What does Julia offer to make?
7. What does Julia want Tobias to do?
(a) Help her get her husband back
(b) Get rid of Harry and Edna
(c) Give her money
(d) Divorce Agnes
8. What do Julia and Edna fight about?
(b) Guest status in the house
(c) Alternative lifestyles
9. Agnes believes that _____________ is to blame for Julia's behavior.
10. What does Julia say she will do if Harry and Edna stay?
(a) Redecorate the bedroom
(b) Go to a hotel
(c) Come back at a better time
(d) Leave for good
11. What does Agnes call seeing facts and their implications at the same time?
(a) A fairy tale
(b) A delicate balance
(c) A rare gift
12. Why does Tobias not want to discuss sleeping arrangements?
(a) He is having an affair.
(b) He wants to eat breakfast first.
(c) He does not love Agnes anymore.
(d) He is overwhelmed from the chaos in the house.
13. Who leaves the room in hysterics?
14. How does Agnes refer to Julia's marriages?
15. Agnes feels she is the only one in the family who can see a situation objectively _____________________.
(a) and plan a strategy
(b) and incorporate others' feelings
(c) and not react
(d) while involved in it
Short Answer Questions
1. What meal has the family just finished?
2. Julia says it was the ________________ dinner she has ever experienced.
3. When did Agnes and Tobias retreat to separate bedrooms?
4. What does Julia bring into the living room?
5. What do the women in the household tell Tobias about the way he handled the situation?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)