|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which characters are present at the opening of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Tobias, Julia and Harry
(b) Tobias, Agnes and Julia
(c) Agnes, Julia and Edna
(d) Tobias, Agnes and Edna
2. How do Tobias and Agnes feel about Harry and Edna?
(a) About the same
(b) No feelings
3. When does Agnes prefer to deal with Julia's distress?
(d) After she has a drink
4. What finally makes Tobias break down?
(a) Julia's declaration of love
(b) Doug's arrival to pick up Julia
(c) The imbalance of the relationship between he and Agnes and Harry and Edna
(d) Julia's death
5. What is Julia's appearance when she returns to the living room?
(c) Heavily made up
6. Who baits Claire to have vodka in her orange juice?
7. What does Claire pour onto the floor?
(a) Orange juice
(c) Tomato juice
8. Who does Edna say has first rights to the bedroom?
(d) Harry and Edna
9. When did Agnes and Tobias retreat to separate bedrooms?
(a) After Julia was born
(b) On their 25th anniversary
(c) After the death of their son
(d) When Julia left for college
10. What topic does Julia bring up once again?
(a) Not having children
(b) Her second husband
(c) Harry and Edna staying in her room
(d) Her parents' wills
11. What announcement does Edna make?
(a) She and Harry are moving in.
(b) She and Harry are moving to Europe.
(c) She has cancer.
(d) She and Harry are getting a divorce.
12. What meal has the family just finished?
13. What does Agnes tell Tobias to do in the situation?
(a) Move to Europe
(b) Get psychiatric help
(c) Kick everyone out
14. With whom does Julia verbally tangle?
15. Who speaks to Tobias privately?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says derogatory comments about the meal?
2. Julia is mad about losing her room to _______________________.
3. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 2?
4. What was Tobias's view on having another child after the death of their son?
5. According to Agnes, it is Tobias's house and Tobias's ____________________.
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)