|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Agnes, why do people sleep?
(a) To recharge their internal batteries.
(b) To get dream messages.
(c) To escape their problems.
(d) They fear the darkness of night.
2. What does Tobias demand to know?
(a) What is for dinner.
(b) Why Julia is so upset.
(c) Why Agnes's American Express bill is not paid.
(d) When Agnes wrecked the car.
3. At whom does Julia point a gun?
(a) No one
4. How does Agnes refer to Julia's marriages?
5. How do Tobias and Agnes feel about Harry and Edna?
(a) About the same
(b) No feelings
6. According to Agnes, daylight brings sanity and ___________ once more.
7. With whom does Julia verbally tangle?
8. What does Julia offer to make?
9. When does Agnes prefer to deal with Julia's distress?
(d) After she has a drink
10. What do Julia and Edna fight about?
(a) Guest status in the house
(b) Alternative lifestyles
11. Who reproaches Julia for having failed marriages?
12. Agnes feels she is the only one in the family who can see a situation objectively _____________________.
(a) and not react
(b) and incorporate others' feelings
(c) and plan a strategy
(d) while involved in it
13. What meal has the family just finished?
14. What do the women in the household tell Tobias about the way he handled the situation?
(a) He was masterful.
(b) He failed miserably.
(c) He is a hero to them.
(d) He did the best he could.
15. Harry tells Tobias that he and Edna _______________________________ had the situation been reversed.
(a) would have taken in Tobias and Agnes
(b) would have kicked out Tobias and Agnes
(c) would not have taken in Tobias and Agnes
(d) would have ignored Tobias and Agnes
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tobias considering?
2. Who does Agnes believe is the only one in the family who can be objective?
3. Why did Agnes not sleep well last night?
4. How many failed marriages has Julia had?
5. Julia is mad about losing her room to _______________________.
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)