|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what room do Harry and Edna emerge?
(a) Dining room
2. What does Julia consider Tobias to be now?
3. According to Julia, Doug is opposed to _______________.
(a) healthcare reform
(c) underage drinking
4. What has Agnes given away in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Old clothes
(b) Julia's room
(d) Old photos
5. Tobias is tired of Julia showing up at the house with __________________.
(a) all her kids
(b) her dirty laundry
(c) no money
(d) another failed marriage
6. Thomas had _______________ kill the cat.
(a) his brother
(b) the vet
(c) his uncle
(d) a neighbor kid
7. Why do Agnes's actions upset Julia?
(a) She knew she was coming home.
(b) She needs the money herself.
(c) She was not asked first.
(d) She wanted to keep the photos.
8. Claire apologizes to Agnes for bringing out such ____________ in Agnes.
9. Where is Claire staying?
(a) At a hotel
(b) At her brother's house
(c) At a bed and breakfast
(d) With Agnes and Tobias
10. According to Claire, _____________ is preferable to loss of love.
(c) mental illness
11. Agnes leaves the room to call whom?
12. What do the people in the room say to Harry and Edna?
(a) Don't be a stranger
(c) Hurry back
(d) Thanks for coming
13. Claire asks Tobias why he no longer has _________________________.
(a) any friends
(b) any money
(c) sex with his wife
(d) his business
14. Why is Julia returning home?
(a) To take care of Agnes and Tobias.
(b) She is ill.
(c) Her marriage is breaking up.
(d) She is on vacation.
15. With whom does the person in #67 pick fights?
Short Answer Questions
1. Overall, Tobias feels ____________ about Claire's life.
2. How can most of the characters in the house be characterized?
3. The tone between Agnes and Claire can be characterized as ________________________.
4. To whom has Agnes given away the item in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. What does Tobias tell Julia she can no longer do?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)