|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Thomas had _______________ kill the cat.
(a) his brother
(b) his uncle
(c) a neighbor kid
(d) the vet
2. Which of the following does Tobias not joke with Agnes about regarding her sanity?
(a) He will sell everything.
(b) He will have an affair.
(c) He will move to Tucson.
(d) He will have her committed.
3. Who does Tobias attempt to defend all the time?
4. Who overhears what Agnes has been saying about Claire?
5. Who enters the room and joins in the current conversation?
6. What does Agnes worry about more than she worries about going mad?
(a) Her sister-in-law, Claire
(b) Her best friend, Claire
(c) Her sister, Claire
(d) Her daughter, Claire
7. Where is Claire staying?
(a) At her brother's house
(b) At a bed and breakfast
(c) With Agnes and Tobias
(d) At a hotel
8. What does Agnes vow to get from Julia?
(b) Loan payments
(c) Full story of her marriage problems
(d) Borrowed clothes
9. How many times has Julia been married?
10. From whom do Harry and Edna make their request?
(b) Kitchen staff
11. Harry and Edna are ____________________.
(a) the life of any party
(b) leaving in a couple hours
(c) getting a divorce
(d) shut up in the bedroom
12. What is Tobias's response to what Agnes says about "when it will begin"?
(a) He refuses to validate it.
(b) He gets it after thinking about it for a few minutes.
(c) He doesn't understand what she means.
(d) He grasps what she means instantly.
13. Why are Harry and Edna going home?
(a) To get a few things
(b) To water the plants
(c) To check on the stove
(d) To get their mail
14. Why are the people in the room happy to see Harry and Edna wearing their coats?
(a) They are going to pick up some things for dinner.
(b) They have encouraged them to take a walk.
(c) They think they are leaving.
(d) They are going out to see a movie.
15. When does Agnes plan to speak to Julia?
(a) At the theater.
(b) Over cocktails.
(c) When they are alone.
(d) When Julia goes home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tobias tells Agnes that she _________________________.
2. Who does not understand Agnes's actions in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. What does Tobias tell Julia the he and Agnes have?
4. Tobias tells Julia that her parents are not _________________.
5. How can most of the characters in the house be characterized?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)