|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Agnes given away in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Old clothes
(b) Julia's room
(c) Old photos
2. What is the format of A DELICATE BALANCE?
(a) A short story
(b) A novel
(c) An essay
(d) A play
3. Where are Harry and Edna staying in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Tobias's mother's home
(b) Agnes and Tobias's house
(c) Edna's sister's house
(d) The Hyatt
4. Harry and Edna are ____________________.
(a) shut up in the bedroom
(b) leaving in a couple hours
(c) the life of any party
(d) getting a divorce
5. Harry and Edna give no real reason for _______________________.
(a) their childlessness
(b) their sudden appearance at the house
(c) their choice of charities
(d) their alternative lifestyle
6. Claire wonders aloud about _______________________.
(a) things she has to do tomorrow
(b) when it would begin
(c) Edna's bad haircut
(d) Harry's bad manners
7. Who is the main female character?
8. Who is Agnes and Tobias's daughter?
9. Where is Claire staying?
(a) At a bed and breakfast
(b) At a hotel
(c) With Agnes and Tobias
(d) At her brother's house
10. Why are Harry and Edna going home?
(a) To get a few things
(b) To water the plants
(c) To check on the stove
(d) To get their mail
11. What does Agnes vow to get from Julia?
(a) Loan payments
(b) Full story of her marriage problems
(d) Borrowed clothes
12. The people in the room are _____________ to see Harry and Edna with their coats on.
13. Agnes leaves the room to call whom?
14. To whom has Agnes given away the item in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Harry and Edna
15. Agnes feels that going mad would be very _______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Overall, Tobias feels ____________ about Claire's life.
2. Who is Agnes's sister?
3. Who does not understand Agnes's actions in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. When does Agnes plan to speak to Julia?
5. Tobias tells Julia that Agnes and Tobias are ____________________.
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)