|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Harry and Edna going home?
(a) To water the plants
(b) To get a few things
(c) To check on the stove
(d) To get their mail
2. What has Agnes given away in Act 2, Scene 1?
(b) Old clothes
(c) Julia's room
(d) Old photos
3. What is the relationship between Agnes and Tobias?
(b) Brother and sister
4. Who is Agnes's sister?
5. Who overhears what Agnes has been saying about Claire?
6. What does Tobias tell Julia the he and Agnes have?
(a) unconditional love for her
(b) a proposal for her
(c) real emotions and limits
(d) a terminal illness
7. The tone between Agnes and Claire can be characterized as ________________________.
8. Surprisingly, Doug is even against whom?
9. What about Harry and Edna baffles Julia in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Their clothing
(b) Their home
(c) Their car
(d) Their sudden arrival
10. Where is Claire staying?
(a) At a hotel
(b) With Agnes and Tobias
(c) At a bed and breakfast
(d) At her brother's house
11. With whom does the person in #67 pick fights?
12. According to Claire, _____________ is preferable to loss of love.
(b) mental illness
13. According to Tobias, Agnes will be the ________________ to plunge into any depths of madness.
14. The people in the room are _____________ to see Harry and Edna with their coats on.
15. Tobias tells Agnes that she _________________________.
(a) is his best friend.
(b) is tipping toward madness.
(c) should lose a bit of weight.
(d) is the sanest person he knows.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Agnes's actions upset Julia?
2. Who is questioning Agnes as Act 2, Scene 1 opens?
3. Who does Tobias attempt to defend all the time?
4. From what room do Harry and Edna emerge?
5. Tobias is tired of Julia showing up at the house with __________________.
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)