|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Agnes pondering as Act 1 begins?
(a) What she should wear to dinner tonight.
(b) What it would be like to go mad.
(c) What it would be like to be a flight attendant.
(d) What she should plant in the vegetable garden.
2. Why are Harry and Edna going home?
(a) To water the plants
(b) To get a few things
(c) To check on the stove
(d) To get their mail
3. Who does Tobias attempt to defend all the time?
4. What is the location of the play?
5. Who begins to pick little fights?
6. What does Tobias tell Julia the he and Agnes have?
(a) unconditional love for her
(b) a terminal illness
(c) a proposal for her
(d) real emotions and limits
7. According to Agnes, if you can entertain the idea of going mad, ________________________________.
(a) you are in some jeopardy of going over the edge.
(b) there is probably not any danger of it happening.
(c) you are certainly mad.
(d) you are probably mad.
8. Who is Agnes's sister?
9. Agnes feels that going mad would be very _______________.
10. According to Claire, _____________ is preferable to loss of love.
(b) mental illness
11. Who is the main male character?
12. From what room do Harry and Edna emerge?
(a) Dining room
13. Who does not understand Agnes's actions in Act 2, Scene 1?
14. What does Agnes worry about more than she worries about going mad?
(a) Her daughter, Claire
(b) Her sister-in-law, Claire
(c) Her sister, Claire
(d) Her best friend, Claire
15. Claire wonders aloud about _______________________.
(a) things she has to do tomorrow
(b) Harry's bad manners
(c) Edna's bad haircut
(d) when it would begin
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Agnes leave the room?
2. Tobias could not force the cat to _________________.
3. What does Tobias give Julia?
4. What does Tobias tell Julia she can no longer do?
5. Agnes leaves the room to call whom?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)