|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Agnes chastise Tobias?
(a) For spilling his wine
(b) For watching a sitcom
(c) For giving alcohol to Claire
(d) For not serving the hors d'oeuvres
2. From whom do Harry and Edna make their request?
(b) Kitchen staff
3. Who is Agnes and Tobias's daughter?
4. Agnes feels that going mad would be very _______________.
5. How can most of the characters in the house be characterized?
6. What is Agnes pondering as Act 1 begins?
(a) What it would be like to be a flight attendant.
(b) What she should wear to dinner tonight.
(c) What she should plant in the vegetable garden.
(d) What it would be like to go mad.
7. How many acts are in this play?
8. To what city does Tobias say he will move because it is sunny all the time?
(b) Los Angeles
(c) San Diego
9. According to Agnes, if you can entertain the idea of going mad, ________________________________.
(a) you are in some jeopardy of going over the edge.
(b) there is probably not any danger of it happening.
(c) you are certainly mad.
(d) you are probably mad.
10. Who overhears what Agnes has been saying about Claire?
11. How old is Agnes?
(a) Late 50s
(b) Late 40s
(c) 20 ish
(d) 30 something
12. Who is the main female character?
13. Who does Tobias attempt to defend all the time?
14. What does Tobias tell Julia the he and Agnes have?
(a) unconditional love for her
(b) a proposal for her
(c) a terminal illness
(d) real emotions and limits
15. Tobias tells Julia that Agnes and Tobias are ____________________.
(a) moving to Europe
(b) real people
(c) getting a divorce
(d) her adoptive parents
Short Answer Questions
1. Tobias ignores Julia's ______________.
2. What is the format of A DELICATE BALANCE?
3. Tobias tells Agnes that she _________________________.
4. Who begins to pick little fights?
5. Who is Julia's mother?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)