|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who begins to pick little fights?
2. What simile does Tobias use to describe Julia's failed marriage?
(a) whipped pup
(b) flopped souffle
(c) deflated balloon
(d) rag doll
3. According to Tobias, Agnes will be the ________________ to plunge into any depths of madness.
4. The people in the room are _____________ to see Harry and Edna with their coats on.
5. How old is Tobias?
(a) Late 50s
(b) 30 something
(c) Early 60s
(d) 20 ish
6. What has Agnes given away in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Old clothes
(b) Old photos
(d) Julia's room
7. From what room do Harry and Edna emerge?
(b) Dining room
8. Why is Julia returning home?
(a) She is on vacation.
(b) To take care of Agnes and Tobias.
(c) Her marriage is breaking up.
(d) She is ill.
9. Who overhears what Agnes has been saying about Claire?
10. With whom does the person in #67 pick fights?
11. How many acts are in this play?
12. Who perplexes Julia in Act 2, Scene 1?
(b) Harry and Edna
13. Who is Agnes and Tobias's daughter?
14. What does Julia tell Tobias she used to think of him as?
(a) knight in shining armor
(b) the whole world
(c) a thorn in her side
(d) a pain in the rear
15. Why do Agnes's actions upset Julia?
(a) She was not asked first.
(b) She wanted to keep the photos.
(c) She knew she was coming home.
(d) She needs the money herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Agnes and Tobias drinking?
2. Who does Tobias attempt to defend all the time?
3. According to Agnes, it is ruined love and _____________________ that make her lash out at Claire.
4. Where are Harry and Edna going?
5. What does Tobias offer Claire when Agnes leaves the room?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)