|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does the person in #67 pick fights?
2. How many times has Julia been married?
3. How many acts are in this play?
4. Julia thinks that Tobias's attempts to talk to Doug would be ______________.
(a) an intrusion
5. What does Julia tell Tobias she used to think of him as?
(a) knight in shining armor
(b) a thorn in her side
(c) a pain in the rear
(d) the whole world
6. What about Harry and Edna baffles Julia in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Their home
(b) Their sudden arrival
(c) Their clothing
(d) Their car
7. What is the setting for Act 1?
(a) Living room
(b) Dining room
8. What simile does Tobias use to describe Julia's failed marriage?
(a) whipped pup
(b) flopped souffle
(c) deflated balloon
(d) rag doll
9. Who is Julia's husband?
10. The tone between Agnes and Claire can be characterized as ________________________.
11. Tobias is tired of Julia showing up at the house with __________________.
(a) all her kids
(b) another failed marriage
(c) her dirty laundry
(d) no money
12. Tobias ignores Julia's ______________.
(b) streaked hair
13. Why does the character in #67 begin to pick fights?
(a) Over some perceived slights
(b) Over bad debts
(c) Over marital choices
(d) Over finances
14. Harry and Edna are ____________________.
(a) the life of any party
(b) shut up in the bedroom
(c) leaving in a couple hours
(d) getting a divorce
15. Why does Agnes leave the room?
(a) Check on dinner
(b) Fix her makeup
(c) Answer the door
(d) Make a phone call
Short Answer Questions
1. Tobias tells Julia that Agnes and Tobias are ____________________.
2. What is Claire's affliction?
3. What is the format of A DELICATE BALANCE?
4. The people in the room are _____________ to see Harry and Edna with their coats on.
5. Who is Agnes's sister?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)