|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Tobias not joke with Agnes about regarding her sanity?
(a) He will move to Tucson.
(b) He will sell everything.
(c) He will have an affair.
(d) He will have her committed.
2. From what room do Harry and Edna emerge?
(d) Dining room
3. The tone between Agnes and Claire can be characterized as ________________________.
4. Who is Agnes and Tobias's daughter?
5. What is Agnes pondering as Act 1 begins?
(a) What she should plant in the vegetable garden.
(b) What it would be like to be a flight attendant.
(c) What she should wear to dinner tonight.
(d) What it would be like to go mad.
6. What does Tobias give Julia?
(a) A warning about her behavior
(b) A loan
(c) A car
(d) Some old photos
7. Tobias tells Julia that Agnes and Tobias are ____________________.
(a) getting a divorce
(b) moving to Europe
(c) her adoptive parents
(d) real people
8. How many times has Julia been married?
9. According to Claire, _____________ is preferable to loss of love.
(c) mental illness
10. How old is Agnes?
(a) Late 40s
(b) 20 ish
(c) 30 something
(d) Late 50s
11. What surprise information do Harry and Edna share with the people in the room?
(a) They will return within a couple hours.
(b) They are divorcing.
(c) They are going to the hospital.
(d) They are moving to Europe.
12. What is the format of A DELICATE BALANCE?
(a) A short story
(b) A play
(c) An essay
(d) A novel
13. Why can Agnes not go mad?
(a) She's afraid of what would happen to Tobias.
(b) She couldn't stay in a hospital.
(c) She simply doesn't have time.
(d) She can't stand psychiatrists.
14. Who is Julia's husband?
15. How many times have Harry and Edna emerged?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leaves the room during a conversation?
2. Tobias ignores Julia's ______________.
3. How old is Tobias?
4. What does Tobias offer to do?
5. Who does not understand Agnes's actions in Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)