|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who enters the room and joins in the current conversation?
2. What is the setting for Act 1?
(a) Living room
(c) Dining room
3. Julia thinks that Tobias's attempts to talk to Doug would be ______________.
(b) an intrusion
4. According to Tobias, Agnes will be the ________________ to plunge into any depths of madness.
5. What does Claire say is the only thing Tobias has in common with his best friend?
(a) They both have two daughters and two sons.
(b) They both drive the same kind of car.
(c) They both had an affair with the same woman one summer.
(d) They are both excellent golfers.
6. Where is Claire staying?
(a) At a hotel
(b) At a bed and breakfast
(c) With Agnes and Tobias
(d) At her brother's house
7. What do the people in the room say to Harry and Edna?
(b) Hurry back
(c) Thanks for coming
(d) Don't be a stranger
8. Why are the people in the room happy to see Harry and Edna wearing their coats?
(a) They are going out to see a movie.
(b) They have encouraged them to take a walk.
(c) They are going to pick up some things for dinner.
(d) They think they are leaving.
9. How can most of the characters in the house be characterized?
10. What does Tobias tell Julia she can no longer do?
(a) have an affair
(b) spend so much money
(c) have an affair
(d) show up at the house in a bad emotional state
11. Tobias is tired of Julia showing up at the house with __________________.
(a) her dirty laundry
(b) another failed marriage
(c) no money
(d) all her kids
12. Why are Harry and Edna going home?
(a) To water the plants
(b) To get a few things
(c) To check on the stove
(d) To get their mail
13. Why does the character in #67 begin to pick fights?
(a) Over marital choices
(b) Over some perceived slights
(c) Over bad debts
(d) Over finances
14. Surprisingly, Doug is even against whom?
15. What has Agnes given away in Act 2, Scene 1?
(b) Old clothes
(c) Old photos
(d) Julia's room
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character seems to be the only steady person in the house?
2. Who is the main female character?
3. How many acts are in this play?
4. What is Tobias's response to what Agnes says about "when it will begin"?
5. What simile does Tobias use to describe Julia's failed marriage?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)