|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the character in #67 begin to pick fights?
(a) Over some perceived slights
(b) Over bad debts
(c) Over marital choices
(d) Over finances
2. Who is the main male character?
3. According to Tobias, Agnes will be the ________________ to plunge into any depths of madness.
4. Why does Agnes ask Tobias to speak to Julia and her husband?
(a) To invite them for dinner.
(b) To see if the marriage can be saved.
(c) To tell them not to come.
(d) To give them investment advice.
5. How many times has Julia been married?
6. What has Agnes given away in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Old photos
(c) Old clothes
(d) Julia's room
7. Harry and Edna are ____________________.
(a) leaving in a couple hours
(b) getting a divorce
(c) shut up in the bedroom
(d) the life of any party
8. What is the format of A DELICATE BALANCE?
(a) A short story
(b) A play
(c) An essay
(d) A novel
9. Tobias tells Agnes that she _________________________.
(a) is tipping toward madness.
(b) is his best friend.
(c) is the sanest person he knows.
(d) should lose a bit of weight.
10. How can most of the characters in the house be characterized?
11. What does Tobias tell Julia she can no longer do?
(a) have an affair
(b) spend so much money
(c) show up at the house in a bad emotional state
(d) have an affair
12. Who begins to pick little fights?
13. What is Claire's affliction?
(a) She is dyslexic.
(b) She is an alcoholic.
(c) She is overweight.
(d) She has cancer.
14. The tone between Agnes and Claire can be characterized as ________________________.
15. Why are the people in the room happy to see Harry and Edna wearing their coats?
(a) They are going out to see a movie.
(b) They have encouraged them to take a walk.
(c) They think they are leaving.
(d) They are going to pick up some things for dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Tobias not joke with Agnes about regarding her sanity?
2. What are Agnes and Tobias drinking?
3. Tobias could not force the cat to _________________.
4. From what room do Harry and Edna emerge?
5. What does Tobias give Julia?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)