|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Agnes and Tobias's daughter?
2. Harry and Edna are ____________________.
(a) the life of any party
(b) getting a divorce
(c) shut up in the bedroom
(d) leaving in a couple hours
3. What is Claire's affliction?
(a) She is dyslexic.
(b) She is an alcoholic.
(c) She has cancer.
(d) She is overweight.
4. What does Agnes vow to get from Julia?
(a) Full story of her marriage problems
(b) Loan payments
(c) Borrowed clothes
5. What is the relationship between Agnes and Tobias?
(b) Brother and sister
6. Tobias tells Julia that her parents are not _________________.
(a) her whipping boys
(b) a bottomless pit of money
(c) proud of her
(d) simply her parents
7. Where are Harry and Edna staying in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Edna's sister's house
(b) Tobias's mother's home
(c) The Hyatt
(d) Agnes and Tobias's house
8. What is the format of A DELICATE BALANCE?
(a) A play
(b) A novel
(c) A short story
(d) An essay
9. Who arrives at Agnes and Tobias's house unexpectedly?
(a) James and Betsy
(d) Edna and Harry
10. How many times have Harry and Edna emerged?
11. From what room do Harry and Edna emerge?
(b) Dining room
12. Where do Edna and Harry spend the night?
(a) A Holiday Inn
(b) A neighbor's house
(c) The guest cottage
(d) Julia's room
13. Why does Agnes ask Tobias to speak to Julia and her husband?
(a) To tell them not to come.
(b) To see if the marriage can be saved.
(c) To give them investment advice.
(d) To invite them for dinner.
14. According to Julia, Doug is opposed to _______________.
(b) healthcare reform
(d) underage drinking
15. The tone between Agnes and Claire can be characterized as ________________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the main male character?
2. What does Julia tell Tobias she used to think of him as?
3. How many times has Julia been married?
4. Who is Julia's estranged husband?
5. Why do Harry and Edna emerge?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)