|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Agnes worry about more than she worries about going mad?
(a) Her sister-in-law, Claire
(b) Her sister, Claire
(c) Her best friend, Claire
(d) Her daughter, Claire
2. What does Tobias tell Julia the he and Agnes have?
(a) a proposal for her
(b) unconditional love for her
(c) a terminal illness
(d) real emotions and limits
3. What does Julia tell Tobias she used to think of him as?
(a) a thorn in her side
(b) knight in shining armor
(c) the whole world
(d) a pain in the rear
4. What do the people in the room say to Harry and Edna?
(a) Thanks for coming
(c) Don't be a stranger
(d) Hurry back
5. Harry and Edna make a request for ______________.
(a) more blankets
(b) clean towels
6. Who leaves the room during a conversation?
7. Why is Julia returning home?
(a) She is on vacation.
(b) To take care of Agnes and Tobias.
(c) She is ill.
(d) Her marriage is breaking up.
8. To what city does Tobias say he will move because it is sunny all the time?
(b) San Diego
(c) Los Angeles
9. The people in the room are _____________ to see Harry and Edna with their coats on.
10. How many acts are in this play?
11. Who is Julia's mother?
12. Tobias tells Julia that her parents are not _________________.
(a) her whipping boys
(b) simply her parents
(c) a bottomless pit of money
(d) proud of her
13. What does Julia consider Tobias to be now?
14. Why does Agnes leave the room?
(a) Answer the door
(b) Make a phone call
(c) Fix her makeup
(d) Check on dinner
15. What has Agnes given away in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Old clothes
(c) Julia's room
(d) Old photos
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the character in #67 begin to pick fights?
2. Where are Harry and Edna staying in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. Why have Edna and Harry come to Agnes and Tobias's house?
4. Who begins to pick little fights?
5. Tobias ignores Julia's ______________.
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)