|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Agnes, if you can entertain the idea of going mad, ________________________________.
(a) there is probably not any danger of it happening.
(b) you are in some jeopardy of going over the edge.
(c) you are probably mad.
(d) you are certainly mad.
2. What does Claire say is the only thing Tobias has in common with his best friend?
(a) They both have two daughters and two sons.
(b) They both had an affair with the same woman one summer.
(c) They are both excellent golfers.
(d) They both drive the same kind of car.
3. According to Claire, _____________ is preferable to loss of love.
(d) mental illness
4. What are Harry and Edna wearing when they emerge from the bedroom?
5. Who is Agnes and Tobias's daughter?
6. Tobias recalls ______________ who stopped loving him.
(a) his first wife
(b) his mother
(c) his brother
(d) a cat
7. What do the people in the room say to Harry and Edna?
(b) Hurry back
(c) Thanks for coming
(d) Don't be a stranger
8. Claire wonders aloud about _______________________.
(a) Edna's bad haircut
(b) Harry's bad manners
(c) when it would begin
(d) things she has to do tomorrow
9. Who arrives at Agnes and Tobias's house unexpectedly?
(a) James and Betsy
(b) Edna and Harry
10. Where is Claire staying?
(a) At a bed and breakfast
(b) With Agnes and Tobias
(c) At her brother's house
(d) At a hotel
11. Who does Tobias attempt to defend all the time?
12. Who is Julia's estranged husband?
13. Julia thinks that Tobias's attempts to talk to Doug would be ______________.
(a) an intrusion
14. Why does Agnes leave the room?
(a) Answer the door
(b) Make a phone call
(c) Check on dinner
(d) Fix her makeup
15. Thomas had _______________ kill the cat.
(a) his brother
(b) his uncle
(c) a neighbor kid
(d) the vet
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is questioning Agnes as Act 2, Scene 1 opens?
2. Where do Edna and Harry spend the night?
3. Who overhears what Agnes has been saying about Claire?
4. Why do Agnes's actions upset Julia?
5. Claire apologizes to Agnes for bringing out such ____________ in Agnes.
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)