|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Agnes leave the room?
(a) Make a phone call
(b) Check on dinner
(c) Fix her makeup
(d) Answer the door
2. What does Julia consider Tobias to be now?
3. What does Tobias tell Julia the he and Agnes have?
(a) a proposal for her
(b) unconditional love for her
(c) a terminal illness
(d) real emotions and limits
4. According to Tobias, Agnes will be the ________________ to plunge into any depths of madness.
5. The tone between Agnes and Claire can be characterized as ________________________.
6. How old is Agnes?
(a) Late 40s
(b) Late 50s
(c) 20 ish
(d) 30 something
7. What is Agnes pondering as Act 1 begins?
(a) What she should wear to dinner tonight.
(b) What it would be like to go mad.
(c) What it would be like to be a flight attendant.
(d) What she should plant in the vegetable garden.
8. What does Agnes worry about more than she worries about going mad?
(a) Her best friend, Claire
(b) Her sister-in-law, Claire
(c) Her daughter, Claire
(d) Her sister, Claire
9. What does Julia tell Tobias she used to think of him as?
(a) the whole world
(b) knight in shining armor
(c) a thorn in her side
(d) a pain in the rear
10. According to Julia, Doug is opposed to _______________.
(b) healthcare reform
(c) underage drinking
11. What simile does Tobias use to describe Julia's failed marriage?
(a) deflated balloon
(b) whipped pup
(c) rag doll
(d) flopped souffle
12. Who is Agnes's sister?
13. Claire asks Tobias why he no longer has _________________________.
(a) any money
(b) his business
(c) sex with his wife
(d) any friends
14. According to Agnes, if you can entertain the idea of going mad, ________________________________.
(a) you are certainly mad.
(b) you are probably mad.
(c) you are in some jeopardy of going over the edge.
(d) there is probably not any danger of it happening.
15. The people in the room are _____________ to see Harry and Edna with their coats on.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can Agnes not go mad?
2. How can most of the characters in the house be characterized?
3. Who is Agnes and Tobias's daughter?
4. Thomas had _______________ kill the cat.
5. Who is Julia's estranged husband?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)