|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why have Edna and Harry come to Agnes and Tobias's house?
(a) They want to take a swim.
(b) They have a gift for them.
(c) They were frightened by something at home.
(d) They were just passing through the area.
2. Why are Harry and Edna going home?
(a) To check on the stove
(b) To water the plants
(c) To get a few things
(d) To get their mail
3. Who enters the room and joins in the current conversation?
4. Harry and Edna are ____________________.
(a) getting a divorce
(b) shut up in the bedroom
(c) leaving in a couple hours
(d) the life of any party
5. What does Agnes worry about more than she worries about going mad?
(a) Her daughter, Claire
(b) Her best friend, Claire
(c) Her sister, Claire
(d) Her sister-in-law, Claire
6. What is Claire's affliction?
(a) She is dyslexic.
(b) She is overweight.
(c) She is an alcoholic.
(d) She has cancer.
7. According to Claire, _____________ is preferable to loss of love.
(c) mental illness
8. According to Julia, Doug is opposed to _______________.
(a) underage drinking
(c) healthcare reform
9. Where do Edna and Harry spend the night?
(a) The guest cottage
(b) A neighbor's house
(c) A Holiday Inn
(d) Julia's room
10. What are Harry and Edna wearing when they emerge from the bedroom?
11. How can most of the characters in the house be characterized?
12. What is the location of the play?
13. Who begins to pick little fights?
14. Why can Agnes not go mad?
(a) She's afraid of what would happen to Tobias.
(b) She couldn't stay in a hospital.
(c) She can't stand psychiatrists.
(d) She simply doesn't have time.
15. What does Tobias offer Claire when Agnes leaves the room?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Agnes and Tobias drinking?
2. Tobias tells Agnes that she _________________________.
3. How many times have Harry and Edna emerged?
4. Tobias recalls ______________ who stopped loving him.
5. Who is Julia's husband?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)