|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Agnes's sister?
2. Who enters the room and joins in the current conversation?
3. From what room do Harry and Edna emerge?
(a) Dining room
4. Who is the main male character?
5. The tone between Agnes and Claire can be characterized as ________________________.
6. Who is questioning Agnes as Act 2, Scene 1 opens?
7. Where are Harry and Edna going?
8. Who arrives at Agnes and Tobias's house unexpectedly?
(b) Edna and Harry
(c) James and Betsy
9. Who does Tobias attempt to defend all the time?
10. The people in the room are _____________ to see Harry and Edna with their coats on.
11. What is the format of A DELICATE BALANCE?
(a) An essay
(b) A play
(c) A novel
(d) A short story
12. What does Claire say is the only thing Tobias has in common with his best friend?
(a) They both have two daughters and two sons.
(b) They are both excellent golfers.
(c) They both had an affair with the same woman one summer.
(d) They both drive the same kind of car.
13. Which character seems to be the only steady person in the house?
14. Surprisingly, Doug is even against whom?
15. To whom has Agnes given away the item in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Harry and Edna
Short Answer Questions
1. Agnes leaves the room to call whom?
2. According to Tobias, Agnes will be the ________________ to plunge into any depths of madness.
3. Who is the main female character?
4. What is Tobias's response to what Agnes says about "when it will begin"?
5. Tobias ignores Julia's ______________.
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)