|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does Jazz call Gregoire?
2. How does Antonia feel about helping Ram with the problem with his mom?
(a) Antonia is scared to talk to Ram about his mom.
(b) Antonia is excited about talking to Ram about his mom.
(c) Antonia is afraid of Ram and will not help him with his mom.
(d) Antonia is reluctant because she thinks she does not know enough.
3. Jazz and her friends play a game where they make fun of "them." Who does "them" refer to?
(a) Animal lovers, conservationists, and tree-huggers.
(b) Jocks, straights, Jesus freaks, and prisses.
(c) Fatsoes, Zit-heads, and Buck-toothers.
(d) Teachers, doctors, and ministers.
4. What does Antonia's mom say when she sees the cake?
(a) Antonia's mom says that they should go to McDonalds and then have cake.
(b) Antonia's mom says that they can have cake if they eat all their dinner.
(c) Antonia's mom says that she hates German chocolate cake.
(d) Antonia's mom says that they should eat dessert first.
5. Why does Jazz not want her friends to know she plays the piano?
(a) She is afraid they will come to the competition to see her.
(b) She is afraid they will spread rumors about her.
(c) She is afraid they will think she is a nerd.
(d) She is afraid they will think she is a loser.
6. What group does Antonia ask Jazz to join with her?
(a) Math club.
(b) Cooking club.
(c) Music club.
(d) Chess club.
7. What does Jazz think her parents talk about at the country club?
(a) Jazz thinks her parents talk about current events.
(b) Jazz thinks her parents talk about civic causes.
(c) Jazz thinks her parents talk about where to go shopping.
(d) Jazz thinks her parents talk about their little piano prodigy.
8. What teacher that Jazz despises comes into the auditorium and hears her playing?
(a) Mrs. Bartoli.
(b) Dr. DiLeo.
(c) Mrs. Marsh.
(d) Mrs. Thornberg.
9. What does Mr. Luther do during the piano recital?
(a) He holds up signs saying, Go Jazz!
(b) He films the entire thing with his camcorder.
(c) He stands next to the stage and whispers directions to Jazz.
(d) He paces nervously along the back wall.
10. What do Antonia and Jazz plan to do to teach Mrs. Bartoli a lesson?
(a) Tell Dr. DiLeo about Mrs. Bartoli's prejudice and stereotyping.
(b) Come to club with trick questions.
(c) Play Jazz's music recordings loudly during the club meeting.
(d) Dress up Antonia in punk fashion.
11. Antonia stays in a bedroom at the Abeyta's house that belonged to the Abeyta's daughter. What is that daughter's name?
12. Why does Jazz refuse to go to the competition?
(a) Because Jazz tore up all her music.
(b) Because Jazz will not wear the dress her mother bought for her to wear.
(c) Because Jazz's mother threatened to invite all of Jazz's friends to come watch.
(d) Because Jazz is so nervous she keeps throwing up.
13. During the piano recital, when does Jazz play?
14. When Jazz's friends see her playing the piano, what does Jazz worry about them thinking?
(a) That she is a geek.
(b) That she is crazy.
(c) That she is famous.
(d) That she is not talented.
15. What reason listed below is NOT a reason Jazz gives for being mean to her mother?
(a) Her mother hates Jazz's friends -- except Antonia.
(b) Her mother will not let Jazz have a dog.
(c) Her mother hates Jazz's clothes.
(d) Her mother hates Jazz's hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What figure is the "head art" on Jazz's scalp?
2. What does Jazz do to Gregoire after he says she should look presentable for the competition?
3. What is Jazz's dream?
4. After Antonia has seen her mother in the hospital, what does she think about her mother's condition?
5. When Jazz worries that her performance was not good enough, Antonia realizes something about Jazz. What kind of person is Jazz?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)