|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Jazz's mother do when Jazz and her friends were hanging out at Ram's shed?
(a) Jazz's mother baked a big pan of cookies to take to them.
(b) Jazz's mother planned a surprise party for Jazz when she got home.
(c) Jazz's mother called the police on them.
(d) Jazz's mother called for pizza delivery to the shed.
2. In addition to Antonia, Jazz has another friend whose dad is a jerk. Who is Jazz's other friend with a bad dad?
3. When Jazz plays her favorite music, what memory does Antonia experience?
(a) A fight between her mother and her father.
(b) The birth of her little brother, Chuckie.
(c) The softball game during summer league at the ball park.
(d) A picnic with her mother at Cherokee Reservoir.
4. When Jazz and Antonia meet up for peer counseling, Jazz has a drawing on her scalp. Who did the drawing?
5. How does Antonia feel when she finds out that Jazz was counseling her?
(a) Violent and angry.
(b) Happy and overjoyed.
(c) Hurt and humiliated.
(d) Scared and uncertain.
6. What does Antonia say about her foster parents when she jokes about them to Jazz?
(a) Antonia says her foster parents are ugly, evil little gnomes.
(b) Antonia says her foster parents are cooking-baking fools.
(c) Antonia says her foster parents are newly-released criminals.
(d) Antonia says her foster parents are 80-years-old and nearly blind.
7. What is the problem with Ram's mom?
(a) She beats Ram.
(b) She drinks.
(c) She smokes.
(d) She gambles.
8. What kind of cake did Tillie help Jazz make for her mother?
(a) Angel food.
(b) White with strawberry icing.
(c) German chocolate.
(d) Italian cream.
9. What reason listed below is NOT a reason Jazz gives for being mean to her mother?
(a) Her mother hates Jazz's clothes.
(b) Her mother will not let Jazz have a dog.
(c) Her mother hates Jazz's hair.
(d) Her mother hates Jazz's friends -- except Antonia.
10. What color of hair does Jazz have at the piano recital?
11. What does Jazz do to Gregoire after he says she should look presentable for the competition?
(a) Jazz tells Gregoire to come back after the competition.
(b) Jazz fires Gregoire.
(c) Jazz laughs at Gregoire.
(d) Jazz throws her metronome at Gregoire.
12. How much prize money is given to the winner of the piano competition that Jazz is practicing for?
13. When Jazz talks about the Clean Team, to what is she referring?
(a) The mechanics who service the Luthers' cars.
(b) The decorators who clear away all the Luthers' clutter.
(c) The pool boy who comes to clean the Luther's pool.
(d) The maid service hired to clean the Luther's' home.
14. When Jazz's friends see her playing the piano, what does Jazz worry about them thinking?
(a) That she is famous.
(b) That she is not talented.
(c) That she is crazy.
(d) That she is a geek.
15. Antonia's mom gets a part-time job at what kind of establishment?
(a) A salon.
(b) An office.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) A hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Antonia take her anger and frustration out on, while her mom is at the hospital?
2. Why does Antonia think that Jazz does not want to play the polonaise again?
3. How does Antonia get Jazz to play the polonaise?
4. What do Antonia and Jazz plan to do to teach Mrs. Bartoli a lesson?
5. What does Mrs. Luther threaten to do if Jazz stops playing the piano?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)