|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name that some people called Antonia and other girls like her?
(a) Ya-Ya girls.
(b) Brown Nosers.
(c) Two Timers.
(d) Goody Two Shoes.
2. How did Jazz's friend commit suicide?
(a) He strangled himself.
(b) He put his car into the river.
(c) He shot himself in the head.
(d) He cut his wrists.
3. What term does Antonia often apply to Jazz?
4. What does Antonia's mother demand that Antonia get for her when Antonia delivers her dinner?
(a) A blanket.
(c) The heating pad.
(d) Ice cream.
5. What is the weather like the night Antonia's family went missing?
(a) Cold with rain turning to sleet.
(b) Snowing with blizzard conditions.
(c) Hot and humid.
(d) Warm and balmy.
6. Antonia finds Chuckie on her mother's lap, but he is holding something dangerous. What is it?
(a) A cigarette lighter.
(b) A pair of scissors.
(c) A kitchen knife.
(d) A broken Coke bottle.
7. When Antonia leaves for her lesson at Jazz's house, Antonia tells her mother she will be home by a certain time. What time is that?
(a) By dinner.
(b) By noon.
(c) By midnight.
(d) By breakfast.
8. What does Jazz think is wrong with Antonia's dad?
(a) Jazz thinks Antonia's dad is a drug addict.
(b) Jazz thinks Antonia's dad is in prison.
(c) Jazz thinks Antonia's dad is dead.
(d) Jazz thinks Antonia's dad is mentally ill.
9. Who comes to drive Antonia to get her mother and brothers?
(a) Dr. DiLeo.
(b) Mrs. Luther.
(c) Mrs. Bartoli.
(d) Mrs. Marsh.
10. What is the tattoo on Jazz's foot?
(a) A dying rose.
(b) A red unicorn.
(c) A ladybug.
(d) A bleeding heart.
11. What does the narrator's youngest brother eat when there is no other food?
(a) Fruit Loops.
(b) Cap'n Crunch.
(c) Sugar Pops.
(d) Frost Flakes.
12. What does Antonia make for dinner and then try to get her mother to eat in Chapter 3?
(a) Roast beef.
(b) Italian spaghetti.
(c) Fried chicken.
(d) Hot pizza.
13. What word does Jazz use to describe Antonia during the peer counseling session in Chapter 4?
14. What does Antonia make for dinner that reminds her of better times?
(a) Bacon and eggs.
(b) Steak and corn on the cob.
(c) Hamburger and french fries.
(d) Lobster and baked potato.
15. When Antonia gets home after trying Jazz's lipstick, she says that the hue of her lips matches everyone else's lips at her house. Why?
(a) They had all been playing with markers.
(b) They had all been experimenting with make-up.
(c) They had been all been hitting each other in the mouth.
(d) They had all come down with the flu.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Antonia feels like Jazz is not taking the peer counseling sessions seriously, Antonia says thats she has better things to do. What is she referring to?
2. Antonia asks Dr. DiLeo to find someone else to work with Jazz, but Dr. DiLeo tells Antonia that she is the perfect person to do it. Why?
3. Antonia sees a photo in her mother's bedroom. What is her mother dressed as?
4. Who cooks breakfast the morning after Mrs. Luther has found Antonia's mom?
5. What does Antonia think Jazz' smells like when she first meets her?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)