|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sarah tells Andy that she bets Andy had had a really good what?
(c) First kiss.
2. What is NOT mentioned by Sarah as something Ben had been teasing Jacob about in the months prior to Ben's murder?
(a) Being a liar.
(b) Being a loser.
(c) Being a geek.
(d) Being gay.
3. What action does Andy tell Jacob to stop doing during the trial?
(c) Staring at the jury.
(d) Picking at his finger skin.
4. What is NOT a diagnosis Dr. Vogel names in relation to Jacob's diagnoses?
(a) Antisocial Personality Disorder.
(b) Bipolar Disorder.
(c) Narcissistic Personality Disorder.
(d) Reactive Attachment Disorder.
5. What method of escape does Andy report using every morning in order to forget the trial for a few minutes?
(a) Surfing the internet.
(b) Taking a bath.
6. Who is NOT determined to have the MAOA Knockout gene?
7. What is the reason for the delay the morning of the first day of Jacob's trial?
(a) Jacob disappears for an hour right before the trial.
(b) Traffic in front of the courthouse gets snarled.
(c) The news cameras are adjusting their feeds.
(d) The judge is late arriving to court.
8. What is something Derek tells Andy he had NOT told Neal?
(a) That Ben had been bullying Jacob.
(b) That Jacob had claimed to know how to get away with murder.
(c) That Jacob had owned a knife.
(d) That Jacob had had blood on his hand the day of Ben's murder.
9. Whom does David name as telling David's family to speak to no one until after the trial?
10. At what location does Dr. Vogel deliver her psychiatric diagnoses of Jacob?
(a) The courtroom.
(b) The Barbers' home.
(c) Her office.
(d) Klein's law office.
11. Dr. Vogel pronounces that Jacob's what is not "at the same level as his peers" (295)?
(a) Moral compass.
(b) Emotional maturity.
(c) Psychological health.
(d) Set of scruples.
12. In what year does Jacob's trial for murder begin?
13. To whom does Sarah suggest Andy speak?
14. What noise is happening the night before the start of Jacob's trial that makes it impossible for Laurie to sleep?
(a) Police sirens.
(b) Bats screeching.
(c) Firecrackers exploding.
(d) The screeches of a dying cat.
15. What reason does Andy give for saying that Neal's shopping spree for new suits had been a mistake?
(a) The new suits are ill-fitting and wrinkled.
(b) Neal is concentrating on the wrong issues.
(c) Neal tends to preen in his new costumes.
(d) Neal is sending the wrong message to the jury.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the judge assigned to Jacob's case?
2. Whom does Andy name as a man whose manner makes it easy for one to imagine him as a boy?
3. How much money does Matthew say Patz had given him in exchange for allowing Patz to touch Matthew's body over his clothes?
4. First-degree murder carries a mandatory sentence of what?
5. In what area of the courtroom does Laurie sit each day during Jacob's trial?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)