|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Andy tells Duffy that who will make a fool of Duffy in court if Duffy does not run a clean and thorough investigation?
2. What change does Andy NOT make to his running routine once Jacob is indicted for murder?
(a) He runs early in the morning.
(b) He no longer listens to music while running.
(c) He never runs near the murder site.
(d) He keeps his distance from others while running.
3. On what part of Ben's body are the stab wounds found?
(a) His back.
(b) His leg.
(c) His chest.
(d) His head.
4. How old had Neal been when he joined the District Attorney's office?
5. Where is Andy during the search of the park ten days after Ben's murder?
(a) In the parking lot at the entrance to the park.
(b) Participating in the search in the park.
(c) At his home.
(d) At his office.
6. What is NOT a descriptor Andy uses to describe Neal?
(a) Thinning hair.
(c) A potbelly.
7. When Andy characterizes himself as extremely conventional, what does he say about Jonathan Klein's personality?
(a) Vaguely bohemian.
(b) Wildly creative.
(c) Accomplished at lying.
8. Whom does Andy order to get a confession from Patz?
9. What is NOT an element Neal mentions when trying to get the judge to set a high bail amount for Jacob?
(a) The great likelihood of conviction.
(b) The savagery of Jacob's alleged crime.
(c) Jacob's connections to the airline industry.
(d) Jacob's connection to law enforcement through Andy.
10. Who accompanies Jacob to school the day it reopens after Ben's murder?
(a) Andy, Laurie, and Neal.
(b) Just Laurie.
(c) Andy and Laurie.
(d) Just Andy.
11. In what month of 2007 does Ben's murder take place?
12. Andy states that "A good marriage drags a long tail of" what "behind it" (25)?
13. Laurie says that from what age in Jacob's life, other kids had started to turn up hurt around Jacob?
14. Whom does Andy find in the upstairs bedroom of Ben's family's home when he goes to retrieve an object?
(a) Ben's father.
(b) Ben's mother.
(c) Ben's grandmother.
(d) Ben's sister.
15. Laurie's college notebook had symbolized what fact to Andy at the time?
(a) That Laurie was smarter than Andy.
(b) That Laurie was a genius.
(c) That Andy was smarter than Laurie.
(d) That Laurie was unknowable.
Short Answer Questions
1. Laurie says that living with Andy and Jacob is like living with a couple of what?
2. For what object does Laurie ask during the meeting with Jacob's lawyer Jonathan?
3. For what object are the volunteers searching the park ten days after Ben's murder?
4. In what substance is a single fingerprint stamped upon the inside of Ben's sweatshirt?
5. What amount of bail does Neal request be placed upon Jacob in the interim before the murder trial?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)