• The following version of this book was used to create this Lesson Plan: Landay, William. Defending Jacob. 2012. Delacorte Books, E-book.
• In Chapter 1, entitled In the Grand Jury, Andy is finally subpoenaed to the grand jury by Neal Logiudice, a man whom he had taught the ropes of being an assistant district attorney.
• At this point Andy is out of work, and Neal’s career is damaged beyond repair.
• While many in the profession make fun of Neal, Andy has a certain amount of respect for the man because they are so alike.
• Although Andy feels that Neal has no case, and he believes the jurors feel the same way, Neal moves ahead with his questions just as Andy had taught him.
• Andy describes the day of April 12, 2007, when Ben Rifkin had been found murdered.
• Andy had been serving as First District Attorney at the time and...
This section contains 8,189 words
(approx. 28 pages at 300 words per page)