|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Iroquois go after Judith and Hetty in their canoe, how do the girls escape capture?
(a) They shoot the Iroquois with the dureling pistols.
(b) The Iroquois break an oar and have to abandon the chase.
(c) Chingachgook shoots them from the boat.
(d) A fog rolls in and hides the girls.
2. What attitude do Harry and Hutter have about Chingachgook's fears?
(a) They brashly insist that the Iroquois could not possibly be in the castle.
(b) They accuse Wah-ta-Wah of agitating her husband.
(c) They think it is a good opportunity to go ashore and collect scalps.
(d) They listen to him and do not go back to the isalnd.
3. What prevents the Iroquois from attacking Deerslayer, Wah-ta-Wah, and Chingachgook after they free him?
(a) A troop from the garrison
(b) Harry arrives with a rifle and holds them off
(c) A group of Delaware warriors
(d) Ravenoak has a heart attack
4. How had the soldiers found the Iroquois encampment?
(a) They come upon them by sheer accident.
(b) On patrol, they run into Harry and he shows them the way.
(c) They hear the noise of the warriors enjoying the torture.
(d) Hetty finds them and leads them to the Iroquois.
5. What happens when Judith proposes marriage to Deerslayer?
(a) He asks for time to think about it.
(b) He is fllattered and agrees to marry her.
(c) He tells her he is already married.
(d) He turns her down.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Judith feel affection for Deerslayer?
2. What remarkable thing do the letters reveal?
3. Who do they see paddling in a canoe and coming toward them out on the lake?
4. After the castle is deserted, what do Judith and Hetty do?
5. What do Judith and Hetty want to do now that Hutter is dead?
Short Essay Questions
1. What action does Harry finally take?
2. What unusual thing happens while Judith and Hetty are in the canoe?
3. Describe the good-byes as Deerslayer prepares to return to the Iroquois.
4. What happens when the second torture begins.
5. What do Deerslayer and Chingachgook learn when they return fifteen years later?
6. What is Judith's bold plan for freeing Deerslayer?
7. What unfortunate event causes the woman on the shore to scream?
8. What causes Harry to have a change of mind about taking scalps?
9. How does Deerslayer almost escape the Iroquois?
10. What becomes of the Iroquois by the next morning?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)