|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prevents the Iroquois from attacking Deerslayer, Wah-ta-Wah, and Chingachgook after they free him?
(a) Ravenoak has a heart attack
(b) Harry arrives with a rifle and holds them off
(c) A group of Delaware warriors
(d) A troop from the garrison
2. What promise does Chingachgook make to Deerslayer?
(a) That he will take Judith and Hetty to the Delaware.
(b) That he will go with him to the Iroquois.
(c) That he will not return to the Delaware until he knows what happens with his friend.
(d) That he will bury him in the hills if he does not survive.
3. Where do Chingachgook and Wah-ta-Wah see Harry the next morning?
(a) Sitting in the canoe with Judith and Hetty
(b) Tied up on the platform in front of the castle
(c) Hanging from a tree on the island
(d) Floating face down in the lake
4. What do the Iroquois offer in return for the women agreeing to return?
(a) The ivory chess pieces
(c) A guarantee they will not kill their men
(d) Places of honor in the tribe
5. Where is Hetty buried?
(a) Where the encampment once stood
(b) Under Muskrat Castle
(c) In the lake near her mother and Hutter
(d) At the garrison
Short Answer Questions
1. What remarkable thing do the letters reveal?
2. What gives Chingachgook the idea that the Iroquois have taken over Muskrat Castle during the night?
3. What vow does Judith make?
4. What challenge does Wah-ta-Wah deliver to Briarthorn, the man who had kidnapped her?
5. What changes Harry's attitude about taking scalps?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the good-byes as Deerslayer prepares to return to the Iroquois.
2. What do Deerslayer and Judith find in the old chest?
3. What unusual thing happens while Judith and Hetty are in the canoe?
4. What is Judith's bold plan for freeing Deerslayer?
5. What do the girls learn from Hutter as he speaks to them from his deathbed?
6. What happens to foil Judith's plan?
7. What unfortunate event causes the woman on the shore to scream?
8. What do Judith and Hetty discover after the Iroquois leave the castle?
9. Why does Deerslayer not get away from the Iroquois?
10. What happens when they return and enter Muskrat Castle?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)