|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Harry March and Deerslayer get to Muskrat Castle?
(a) By swimming out to the island
(b) In a canoe March had hidden near the lake
(c) On a ferry that runs three times a day
(d) When Thomas Hutter picked them up in his boat
2. What conversation passes between Deerslayer and the Iroquois?
(a) That he will bring the white women to him.
(b) That he lives with the Delaware.
(c) That the garrison is sending soldiers and the Iroquois are in danger.
(d) How Deerslayer does not want to fight and thinks they should be friends.
3. What foolish thing does Hutter attempt to do before he is stopped by Deerslayer?
(a) He tries to kill Harry.
(b) He curses Judith for giving up his chess pieces.
(c) He slaps Judith for opening his chest.
(d) He tries to shoot the retreating Iroquois.
4. Why does Deerslayer allow himself to be captured by the Iroquois?
(a) So he can challenge Brairthorn.
(b) So Chingachgook and Wah-ta-Wah can escape.
(c) So they won't attack the Ark.
(d) So he can find out more about the Iroquois plans.
5. What does Judith try to do?
(a) Keep Hutter and Harry entertained while Deerslayer and Chingachgook slip away.
(b) Prevent Deerslayer from going with Chingachgook.
(c) Dress as a boy and go with Deerslayer and Chingachgook.
(d) Get Hetty to open the chest again.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the bargaining is finished, what happens?
2. What complicates Wah-ta-Wah's rescue?
3. What are the warriors discussing when Deerslayer and Chingachgook approach the camp?
4. Why does Hutter want to attack the Iroquois encampments?
5. How do the men finally manage to grab Wah-ta-Wah?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Deerslayer prevent Chingachgook from doing?
2. After they take the Ark back to Muskrat Castle, how do they propose to keep the Iroquois from attacking them?
3. Even though he is an expert marksman, what is Deerslayer's attitude about taking any kind of life?
4. What does Deerslayer believe is the significance to a cluster of bloody sticks he finds?
5. What action does Deerslayer take that allows Chingachgook and Wah-ta-Wah to escape?
6. How does Hetty manage to enter the Iroquois encampment?
7. What action does Hetty take that points to her mental deficiency?
8. Why are the Iroquois there in that area?
9. What is the purpose of Chingachgook's expected arrival?
10. How do they bargain for the release of Hutter and Harry?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)