|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prevents the Iroquois from attacking Deerslayer, Wah-ta-Wah, and Chingachgook after they free him?
(a) A troop from the garrison
(b) Harry arrives with a rifle and holds them off
(c) A group of Delaware warriors
(d) Ravenoak has a heart attack
2. What does Hutter do when he discovers that Deerslayer has been captured?
(a) He hides behind the old chest.
(b) He fires his gun at someone on the shore and kills the warrior's lover.
(c) He gets in a canoe and races ashore to find Deerslayer.
(d) He insists that they take the Ark to the other side of the lake.
3. Who comes to Deerslayer to state her case?
(b) The widow of the Iroquois he killed
4. What happens when Deerslayer declines to marry the Iroquois woman?
(a) The woman lunges at him with a knife.
(b) The tribe rushes at him trying to tear him limb from limb.
(c) Ravenoak tries to kill him.
(d) Her late husband's brother throws his tomahawk at Deerslayer's head.
5. What happens when Judith proposes marriage to Deerslayer?
(a) He asks for time to think about it.
(b) He is fllattered and agrees to marry her.
(c) He turns her down.
(d) He tells her he is already married.
6. How long is it before Deerslayer and Chingachgook return to the area?
(a) Ten years
(b) Twenty years
(c) Two years
(d) Fifteen years
7. What farewell message does Deerslayer give to Wah-ta-Wah?
(a) To be careful that she is not abducted again
(b) To be proud of her husband and take care of him
(c) To convince Judith to go with them to the Delaware
(d) To go back with him to the Iroquois to protect Chingachgook
8. What is on Judith's mind as she goes to bed the night she asked Deerslayer to marry her?
(a) A house with a rose garden in front
(b) Going west with Dearslayer
(c) A secret plan for the next day
(d) Wondering if she would like being called Mrs. Bumppo
9. What changes Harry's attitude about taking scalps?
(a) Seeing Hutter dying with his scalp taken
(b) The reproach of Wah-ta-Wah
(c) The sorrow of the Hutter girls
(d) The narrow escape he had from getting his own scalp taken
10. What does Harry do after he hears the conditions brought by Deerslayer?
(a) He disappears.
(b) He threatens to shoot any Iroquois that comes near the castle.
(c) He goes to the garrison and informs them of what is happening.
(d) He forces Judith to leave with him.
11. How do they find Hutter when they enter the house?
(a) He is hanging upside down from the second floor.
(b) He is laughing at the stupid Indians.
(c) He is dying.
(d) He is unconscious.
12. Where is Hetty during Deerslayer's escape and recapture?
(a) She is being chased by an Iroquois boy.
(b) She is wandering around in the area of the camp.
(c) She finds a canoe and goes back to the castle.
(d) She gets lost in the forest.
13. What happens in the second phase?
(a) They make him run through a gauntlet.
(b) Instead of tomahawks, they use rifles and shoot as close as possible to Deerslayer's head.
(c) They tie him to a tree and allow the squaws and children to throw rocks at him.
(d) They hang Deerslayer up by putting pins in his chest and attaching ropes to those.
14. Who is the leader of the soldiers that defeat the Iroquois?
(a) A Delaware scout
(c) Captain Warley
(d) Judith's and Hetty's long lost brother
15. Who accompanies Deerslayer to the Iroquois camp?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Chingachgook and Deerslayer do that morning?
2. After the castle is deserted, what do Judith and Hetty do?
3. How had the soldiers found the Iroquois encampment?
4. Where do Chingachgook and Wah-ta-Wah see Harry the next morning?
5. What promise does Chingachgook make to Deerslayer?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)